Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

ProATC and GSX parking

2 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

How is that done? 

When I asked Proatc for a parking slot, it gave me some complicated info (such as the terminal I think). When you ask GSX you can usually do it much simpler. How do you match the two bits of information up to the same gate? 

install pete dowson's makerwys utility (newest version) into your main p3d directory.  go into proATC, go to Data then Import AIRAC, then hit "read scenery"   

I run the moving map from ProATC on a second monitor,  you can zoom in and see your parking spot.  TBH I have rarely had issues with comparing the two, since with GSX at a lot of airports, you select the terminal first and then the gate.  even if there is some sort of difference between how the 2 programs report the terminals, etc... the only thing that is important is the gate number, just find that in the menus of GSX.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

PATC zaps any AI that's occupying the gate you chose when you set up your flight. The only drawback is that ,when it does so, the jetway doesn't retract. So it looks a bit strange when you're taxiing in. What I usually do is hit Ctrl-J when I'm close enough for it to work.

Walter Meier

Thanks for that, I'll keep it in mind. Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

How is that done? 

When I asked Proatc for a parking slot, it gave me some complicated info (such as the terminal I think). When you ask GSX you can usually do it much simpler. How do you match the two bits of information up to the same gate? 

Make sure you refer to the moving map, after asking for parking in PATC it appears on the map and you just follow the taxiways until you reach it, if you ask GSX for the gate as well they will have their staff waiting for you when you arrive.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I appreciate you getting back to me - I'm planning on giving it a go when I can! 

There is something on my mind about the landing runway. When I create the plan in Simbrief, how do I know which runway is currently in use for landings at the destination? That would be the runway I would want to use - when I last created a plan, I didn't think about it, I didn't concentrate on which was the landing runway, so I ended up on a strange runway in the airport,with no ILS! When planning, I have a feeling I should know this, or if the destination airport changes runways for AI, it should change it for me during the flight - it didn't before. 

Gaz on Facebook

you wouldn't know that during planning, although you might have some idea based on wind forecast.  That's why you would use ProATC.  it figures all that for you.  when you get your clearance from pATC, you get the "expected" runway STAR and approach info before you take off, so you can plan from there.  It can change, but most of the time doesn't.  

But as with real flying, you would not have that info prior to takeoff, and you should make sure you are capable of flying any approach that might be assigned.  even visual/weird stuff.  Part of the fun.  you can check the box that says prefer ILS/LOC/GS approaches,  and if possible it will use those

Edited by ShawnG
added to

OK, I have tried the advice, but I get into trouble even before departure. The I don't know the departure runway, therefore I leave it the way it is when I create the plan using Simbrief. So far today, that means I have crashed into other planes when taxiing because I have been assigned a different runway to AI.

I take it that means I should know the runway in use before I do Simbrief? But still, why is the ProATC telling me to go to a different runway to the AI aircraft? You can see here the setting where I'm trying to Try to Assign the Same runway as AI. Well, that's not working for me at all.

I'm worried that this was the case for the landing where it assigned me a landing at the destination, but it was a terrible runway, not in use by other aircraft - I think it was just randomly selected by Simbrief. I thought ProATC would line me up and set me off with the AI aircraft - same runways?

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

simple works for me.

I start PATC - create a fplan  by selecting starting airport and gate and destination. I click create route - save it. Load P3D and go to departure airport and gate - get clearance which tells me departing runway - hit ctrl 5 to see the overall setup and expected approach - and go fly.

I have no issues with gates, runways etc because I let PATC run the show. Personally with my type of flying, I have no need for simbrief or any other third party flight planner - PATC does a fine job.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I start PATC - create a fplan  by selecting starting airport and gate and destination. I click create route - save it. Load P3D and go to departure airport and gate - get clearance which tells me departing runway - hit ctrl 5 to see the overall setup and expected approach - and go fly.

I've been told that ProATC planner is not that good, but if I did what you suggested then there is no mention of AI - is it going to be told to use the same runways as myself?

I think I would have to use Simbrief as it is able to create the flight plan for my A319.

Edited by Gary McCluskey

Gaz on Facebook

I use Simbrief, and then copy and paste the plan EXCLUDING SID/STAR into the ProATC planner.  How are you setting up the ProATC planner for your flights?

1 minute ago, ShawnG said:

I use Simbrief, and then copy and paste the plan EXCLUDING SID/STAR into the ProATC planner.  How are you setting up the ProATC planner for your flights?

I think I am doing something similar here. My current flight plan is 

• EGNT/25 GIRL1Y GIRLI UP18 GASKO DCT GOLES Y70 SUPEL L90 DOLAS L603
    LAMSO UL603 EVELI UL19 TULIP UM624 REMBA UL607 SPI UZ112 RASVO T180
    UNOKO UNO07S EDDF/07R

I remove the runways from the airport codes and cut+paste it into the flight plan in ProATC. It's never given me an error yet, but I wantit to ignore anything I say about runways I select, and use the one in use by AI.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

right, but if you leave the SID GIRL1Y in the plan you have to use runway 25.  you need to remove the GIRL1Y and the UNO07S from your plan, or ProATC can't reassign your SID/STAR/rwy for you.  SID's STARS and runways in use are the ATC's responsibility, not the pilot, or airline dispatch.

Edited by ShawnG

3 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

right, but if you leave the SID GIRL1Y in the plan you have to use runway 25.  you need to remove the GIRL1Y and the UNO07S from your plan, or ProATC can't reassign your SID/STAR/rwy for you.  SID's STARS and runways in use are the ATC's responsibility, not the pilot, or airline dispatch

brilliant - i'll give it a go!

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

3 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I've been told that ProATC planner is not that good, but if I did what you suggested then there is no mention of AI - is it going to be told to use the same runways as myself?

I think I would have to use Simbrief as it is able to create the flight plan for my A319.

Define ‘not good’... 😉 I’ve been using PFPX, Simbrief, the ProATC planner and sometimes they all show me a different route and sometimes they don’t. But they ALL get me from A to B, including the ProATC planner. 😉 And btw quite often the various plans may also be quite different from routes I might see in real life. So what’s good?!? And more importantly, what’s bad about ProATC’s planner? One thing is for sure: you would have had a lot less problems if you had simply used the ProATC planner right from the start...!  😉 Adding other options only complicates matters. You might do that later on when you really know how ProATC works. 

I have to add though that I am not sure if ProATC works with your A319... so that could be a problem. However, you could solve that problem by turning your workflow around: create a plan in ProATC (so you can be sure it will work!) and then copy that plan into Simbrief! From there create the file to load into your A319.