Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

They say a "video" is worth a thousand words...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just wondering what the ultimate goal is for these creatures.

Mario Di Lauro

"Ulimate Goal" Is that it can be trained to go to the fridge and bring you back an open cold beer,

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS DDR4 ATX Motherboard, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 32GB (2x16GB) Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz, GameMax Iceberg RGB Watercooler - 240mm,  1TB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB SSD, 1TB HDD.

few years back honda could not make a robot climb stairs (that too slowly), automation is dangerous, like mario said above, the ultimate goal of these machines is something that must bother us, and most importantly the creators of these bots.Lets just hope its not about trying to play god 😕 .that leads no where .

kind regards,

jaffer

39 minutes ago, tamsini said:

They will eventually become our robotic overlords, but fortunately after several decades of man versus robot warfare which all but destroys the planet, we'll eventually discover a way to go back in time and will hatch a cunning plan to kill their designer. But, they'll then use the same technology to go back in time a bit further, to kill the person who goes back in time to kill their designer before he goes back in time to kill their designer, then, we'll go back in time a bit further than that to...

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

At this point in the world's state of affairs, they're becoming an attractive option.  I might join them

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

Man - that's the real deal - wow...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

5c958bf1-a4f4-43dd-a82f-661d25d94360.jpg

Any more questions?

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Its a logical deployment of this kind of tech.

• Like 1

It's not a stretch to believe that these bots will one day, perhaps soon, be part of the U.S. infantry.  And Sempa Fi will be not be a problem for these A.I. programmed soldiers...    

the ultimate goal just ask those who know = the super rich I would presume, more important to me is just what is their goal for me and my grandkids!

55 minutes ago, stans said:

5c958bf1-a4f4-43dd-a82f-661d25d94360.jpg

Any more questions?

Probably more like this, and we know how that turns out...

wallpaper.wiki-Chappie-Robot-Background-

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, there's also a little robot dog that I always assumed would eventually be loaded with a small bomb to chase down individuals. Imagine being on the battlefield, and hearing scampering feet, and knowing that a little robotic bomb was searching for you..

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Warfare will sadly become easier for "leaders" to use, without the human factor killing will become easier, with drones it already is.  Gone will be the days of chivalry and there will be a take no prisoners attitude--just like Vietnam, body count is all they will worry about.  Also fearful is "AI", since what will AI be programmed by?  Imperfect humans.  I like to say, imperfection creates imperfection.  Drone warfare is good for one thing, if Intel is legit--going after Terrorists who have no code of conduct--just "have nots" seeking to become haves and making the haves have nots--the story of warfare since time in memorium..  Terrorists are modern day Crusaders, trying to claim what is not theirs by citing some centuries old blood right to land.  At least drone technology in that case is sparing American and allied lives in a war that will wane as we find new, non Middle Eastern sources of energy with the rise of Super Capacitors and Solid State batteries in the next several years.  That is what is very exciting, the thought of longer range electric civil aircraft with more reliable brushless electric engines, rechargeable in minutes rather than hours.  But that in turn will further drone tech even more....so war will always be ahead of civil use, sadly.

John 

Hi Folks,

Anyone remember the original Star Trek episode where the two planets were at war for centuries - because it was a clean, neat, and sterile war - it was easy and not disruptive - where computers determined the casualties and individuals walked dutifully into the incinerator to be vaporized - because they felt it was a far better alternative to messy, bloody, and destructive war... Pretty insightful stuff and way ahead of its time...

Regards,
Scott  

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7