Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

They say a "video" is worth a thousand words...

31 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

and individuals walked dutifully into the incinerator to be vaporized

I certainly remember that episode. And if I had to wear those outfits the citizens were wearing, I'd be the first in line to the incinerators.

• Like 2

Mario Di Lauro

Imo it's not the robot itself that's worrying, it's the a.i. it's using.
This ai is selflearning in the future and is just based on logic, zero's and one's.
It must not surprise us when they come to the conclusion that humanity is weak and no good for anything.
Anything we humans do, one day they will do better, so a logical conclusion for them might be: "Get wrid of humans"
And then it won't even be hate on their part, just logic.

Edited by Wildblue
  • Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Don't know who said it first, but for A.I. "You ain't seen nothing yet"!  Today's children of public school age are facing a world that will be quite different from now -  For one example, I can see a time when actually driving you own car will no longer be allowed or possible ;  you can only tell the vehicle your destination. 

I think a lot of A.I. applications will be made necessary by the exploding current world population - now at more than seven billion and counting.  Just as the the laser was an invention without a practical use in the "60's, it's now a device that's quite indispensable.  A.I. is a double-edge sword that's basically in it's infancy - I don't think I'll be around when it's placed in the first mobile/agile robot, and someone hits the "activate"  button...         

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with aviation and has degraded to a political debate. Done.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals