Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Is it worth buy FSLabs a320

9 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

Scary thought that one manufacturer can make an airplane all can fly. And one manufacturer has made it so difficult then even with training, some still get it wrong. Cue reports on airbus crashes.

From what I’ve heard :

Boeing pilots who fly Boeing’s prefer Boeing’s.

Airbus pilots who fly Airbus prefer Airbus. 

Boeing pilots who have flown Airbus prefer Boeing. 

Airbus pilots who have flown Boeing prefer Boeing. 

They say you can tell the difference between a Boeing and an Airbus. 

If in a Boeing, look down and behind 2-4000 ft and you’ll see the Airbus. 😄

Well the Airbus FD is is said to be more quieter (compared to Boeing 737/747) so no headset while cruising..

And an nice table to eat and work on 

• Upvote 1

$140 is about 4.3 carenados (@$32/model on sale to be generous), which makes the fsl bus a great bargain.

Don’t get me wrong, c337 and pc12 are great (after rxp gauge and Bert’s fixes) for what they are supposed to do. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

3 hours ago, ShawnG said:

the fsl airbus does does have full system fidelity and failures,...

The Aerosoft Airbus' systems modeling is less than half of the what FSLabs models (including failures). This is a fundamental fact between both of them. All opinions respected of course, but please be careful. 

Edited by AirborneZed

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

No, ridiculous price, don't feed into the ever-rising pricing for addons

Stick with Aerosoft, and then spend the rest of your saved $100 and go have a fun night out. 

Ok, so you would spend that money for one night out rather than buy an aircraft that would keep you busy for dozens if not hundreds of hours? Makes sense...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Ok, so you would spend that money for one night out rather than buy an aircraft that would keep you busy for dozens if not hundreds of hours? Makes sense...

He did not say not to buy an aicraft and spend all on one night. He did say buy the Aerosoft and spend the rest on a fun night.

Why the Aerosoft cannot keep busy for hundreds of hours in normal day-to-day operations?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- TONY -

4 minutes ago, AirborneZed said:

The Aerosoft Airbus' systems modeling is less than half of the what FSLabs models (including failures). This is a fundamental fact between both of them. All opinions respected of course, but please be careful. 

"Be careful?"  The aerosoft is less than half the price, it performs better. it has features compatible with the sort of flying most flight simmers do.  Also fundamental facts.

I mentioned that FSL has better system fidelity and failures,  its a fair comment.  You feel slighted because I didn't come up with some random percentage of difference out of thin air like you did?  The FSL is way better as a study sim. I understand this, I mentioned that as a point of fairness to FSL. end of story.  I'm NEVER going to buy it, because of cost, because of performance, because I don't want or need the things that set it apart, because I have a problem with the "lets see what we can get away with" pricing model.  because of several other reasons we aren't even allowed to discuss here.  Sorry my response was anything short of glowingly religious praise for FSL.  It's a very fine aircraft by all accounts, but I, and others, don't want it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I'm also one of those "Boeing" guys as someone mentioned in an earlier post but I'm very tempted to purchase the FSL Airbus. The only concern I have is the hardware requirements. I have the usual Saitek yoke. I suppose I would also need a suitable joystick? And how easy is it to set up the throttle quadrant for the various Airbus thrust modes? This is the only thing putting me off at the moment...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

22 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Spending basically a car payment on a Flight Simulator addon... makes sense...

Makes sense to YOU because that's what they want you to believe, that this price is normal, same goes to many other developers.

Pretty soon sceneries will be $80-100 where does this end!??

Edited by Mitch24

7 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I suppose I would also need a suitable joystick? And how easy is it to set up the throttle quadrant for the various Airbus thrust modes? This is the only thing putting me off at the moment...

You don't "need" to buy a suitable joystick.  Only if you want to have it physically feel more realistic - like what an actual airbus uses.  But otherwise your Saitek yoke can still be used.  Just set up the axis the same way you would for a Boeing.  Setting up the throttle quadrant is very easy as well.  You can set the detents in the MCDU exactly where you want them to be - i.e. a range of where you want the various hardware positions to fall into the various gates on the airbus throttle.

Edited by klamal

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

6 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Spending basically a car payment on a Flight Simulator addon... makes sense...

Once again, this is all relative to the perspective of the flight simmer.  To some that can't afford another "car payment" in a given month, this is a very expensive choice.  To those that have plenty of room to spare after making their car payment, this becomes a much easier decision.  So "making sense" all depends on what boat you're floating in.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The FSL A319/A320 is my favourite P3D airliner by far, and it has a lot of competition.  I initially choked on the price a bit but it is an absolutely sublime simulation...well worth the dollars to me.  The sounds are second to none IMHO and really set the bar for audio immersion.

I don’t own the latest Aerosoft A32X as after buying the FSL I have no interest.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, Guevorkyan said:

It's not only the systems that put FSL's apart. It feels like and airplane, it really does. 

It's like it's breathing, you feel every rivet stretching and the thrust pushing. I haven't felt it that way with any other airplane.

That very much depends on the system. All that systems simulation in FSL is very heavy on the CPU. On my system, which combines an older processor with a newer graphics card, the FSL A320 does not feel great at all. I can only fly it to default airports (with an fps of around 20). Flying it to a complex airport scenery results in fps < 10 and often a CTD. By contrast, the Aerosoft A320 has probably the best frame rate after the Majestic Dash 8 on my system. Performance is really something that needs to be considered when deciding between both models.

Peter

11 minutes ago, klamal said:

You don't "need" to buy a suitable joystick.  Only if you want to have it physically feel more realistic - like what an actual airbus uses.  But otherwise your Saitek yoke can still be used.  Just set up the axis the same way you would for a Boeing.  Setting up the throttle quadrant is very easy as well.  You can set the detents in the MCDU exactly where you want them to be - i.e. a range of where you want the various hardware positions to fall into the various gates on the airbus throttle.

Thanks for the info..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

6 minutes ago, klamal said:

Once again, this is all relative to the perspective of the flight simmer.  To some that can't afford another "car payment" in a given month, this is a very expensive choice.  To those that have plenty of room to spare after making their car payment, this becomes a much easier decision.  So "making sense" all depends on what boat you're floating in.

I don't think its a question of means specifically.  I have a fair bit of cash I can spend on stuff and I do.  140 bucks in the grand scheme of things isn't actually a lot of money, it's just a lot of money for an FS addon, and since there is an ever increasing assortment of things I can spend my fs cash on,  that 140 bucks has to be better spent than whatever else I would spend the 140 on, and for me, I don't find a lot of value in failures and making sure the galley microwave uses the proper voltages and stuff.  I did spend exhorbitant cash on 3 PMDG planes (twice, sigh), and I love them, generally, but I haven't gotten value out of them, because I basically fly them in the same way that the Aerosoft is designed to be flown.  so... no more of that for me.

• Like 1

I guess it all comes down to what your goals are in the sim and how much its worth to you.  As others said there is in depth systems on the FSL bus - but how many times will you take it to that point?  I'm in the boat as ShawnG said, flying basic day to day operations gives me enough joy.  I've had the PMDG 737 for years, and I've only JUST enabled service based failures.  I've practiced a few things like engine failures and such maybe twice in all the years I've owned it.  If you think are truly going to mess with systems and go in depth and practice failures, you wont get that from the Aerosoft bus.  If you aren't going that deep - you can pick up the aerosoft bus and a copy of fs2crew for even a bit more immersion.  Now this is coming from someone who owns both AC - I've been leaning towards the Aerosoft because of the FS2Crew support.  The extra day to day immersion to me is worth more than system failures.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals