Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

Is it worth buy FSLabs a320

Is FSLabs worth buy for 140$ if I have the Aerosoft a320 Professional Bundle ?

Can someone can explain what are the differences between the FSLabs a320 to Aerosoft a320 ?

Any help please.

For me? No, absolutely not, but get ready for a lively thread...

the fsl airbus does does have full system fidelity and failures, so if you are into that sort of thing, you can't get it on the aerosoft bus, aerosoft just simulates standard day to day flying, but that's all I want/need, and I find the pricing ridiculous, and some of the behavior appalling from fsl, so...

but anyway, get ready for angry folks with an alternate viewpoint in 3, 2, 1...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What behavior? I must have missed that, and had been kind of eyeing this plane myself, but would want to know more about this before I pull the trigger.

I don’t have the Aerosoft Airbus but I have the FSL and it is easily the most complex and realistic plane that I have flown.  If you are looking to get deep into the systems and learn about the Airbus, it is absolutely worth it. However, it say if you are casual simmer, there wouldn’t be a need to have both. From what I have heard the differences are that fsl goes far deeper into the simulation and complexities of the Airbus. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

If you want to do 'normal operations' the Aerosoft Pro version is absolutely fine. If however you want to really study the A320 to the kind of level an airliner pilot on the real thing might want to do, then the FSL A320 is a better choice, because real airliner pilots have to know what to do if something goes wrong, and the FSL A320 can be useful as a study aid for that sort of thing.

To learn aeroplanes to that level of understanding, airliner pilots have mountains of books they have to read and absorb, detailed training courses and then have regular 'check rides', where the training pilot takes them in a fully realistic simulator and throws surprise problems at them to check that they've studied all of the aeroplane and all of the standard operating procedures as well as all the emergency procedures, and more importantly, can implement the correct emergency procedures safely when surprised by unusual (and indeed fairly unlikely) problems.

The most well known example of this is probably the actions of First Officer Jeffrey Skiles, who unfortunately did not really receive the kind of adulation that Captain Chesley Sullenberger received when they both landed US Airways Flight 1549 on the Hudson River after a bird strike caused a dual engine flame out. The public don't really understand that both pilots are operating the aeroplane and so of course the P1 pilot is the hero when a successful emergency is handled well. But whilst Chesley was flying the thing, Jeffrey was working the problem too, and it was the actions of both of them which made it a success, and all that was down to knowing what to do in an emergency owing to practice. The FSL A320 is something which could help pilots get to that level of practice and drill. Actually, on Flight 1549 they both forgot one thing, neither of them pressed the ditching button on the overhead, which seals the vents and helps to keep the thing afloat longer if it comes down on water, but it's easy to be wise after the event in saying that!

So, if you were an airliner pilot, you would find that a very realistic simulation of the real aeroplane which you could use at home on your PC would be pretty useful as a an additional aid to your study. Now of course FSL make no claim that their A320 is officially cleared to be used for this purpose, but since it is incredibly realistic in terms of how all the systems interact with one another and so can simulate some of the unexpected things which might happen when one system failure causes a domino effect on another, that is often what people use it for.

For example, if you have the de-icing on for the engine inlets on a real A320, you'll find that has some effect on the electrical loads on the aeroplane's systems and will also mean thrust is reduced slightly, so you have to think carefully about whether you really want to use inlet deicing on the real thing on a climb. These effects are small, and you might not even notice a small voltage drop or a small reduction in thrust on a less accurately simulated aeroplane, 'cause they might not bother to simulate it, but that sort of thing does occur on the FSL A320 because they've gone the extra mile in simulating all that kind of stuff which only really has a bearing on things in the real world, and often only in unusual circumstances.

Modern airliners are incredibly reliable and the 'non normal' stuff is incredibly rare in day to day airliner operations, its just that pilots have to be prepared for that one in a million chance of them occurring. That's what the FSL A320 is useful for. If you just want to simulate day to day stuff, where nothing goes wrong, the Aerosoft A320 Pro is fine for that and to buy the FSL one and not then use its enhanced capabilities would mean you were paying for something you would not use.

Of course it is nice to have an add-on airliner which is exactly like the real thing, 'just because it is', but that's something you can decide for yourself in regards to whether you think it's worth paying for that 'cool factor'.

I have both of them, and they're both great, so it's up to you really.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yeah, I think only you can really answer if it is worth it to you.  Worth is a relative term.  Like others have mentioned, if you only care about normal day-to-day operations, you will probably be fine with the Aerosoft buses.  However, if you really want to dive deep into the systems and/or want the "extras" that FSLabs has in their model(bugs on the windshield, icing modeled, etc), then FSLabs would be "worth" it to you.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

There 319 is even better and it's not about failures it's about the emersion that comes with FSL. Its #1 its the best imo aircraft you can buy, simple as that.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It's not only the systems that put FSL's apart. It feels like and airplane, it really does. 

It's like it's breathing, you feel every rivet stretching and the thrust pushing. I haven't felt it that way with any other airplane.

• Like 2

Santiago de Larminat

+ FSL all the way.

You have to have some knowledge how to correctly set AV  exclusions for the folders though

Yes, I would like to start learn how to get out of the failure situations in airbus.

But I have to say that some mounths ago I almost bought the FSL but I don't like the textures of the VC so that was one of the reasons I didn't buy it, so, I bought the AS Pro that I think the AS bus have a better texture. I have to ask Who is the aircraft that has the closest VC texture to the real plane, FSL or Aerosoft ? 

Also the FSL is expensive 140$ another reason why I haven't buy it so far.

Of course there are some advantages in the FSL that it is full system and sounds are amazing.

I have another question: Can I get the non normal checklist for failures in the FSL version ?

Edited by itay5344

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

There 319 is even better and it's not about failures it's about the emersion that comes with FSL. Its #1 its the best imo aircraft you can buy, simple as that.

Absolutely agree!

The FSLabs is more than just systems! It's the living and feeling and breathing of the airplane. I don't think I've ever experienced an addon, which simulates and immersion factor and environment as the FSLabs! From the moment you enter the flightdeck and power up the A320-X - it's just indescribable, IMO.

Personally I have never really liked the Aerosoft Airbus offer... I don't really know why, though. There's something about the way it appears, which just doesn't sit well with me.

Whether or not the FSLabs Airbus, is worh it? Well - worth it, is a highly personal factor. For me, no doubt. 

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, itay5344 said:

I have to ask Who is the aircraft that has the closest VC texture to the real plane, FSL or Aerosoft ? 

This is very subjective.  The answer to this question could very well be both.  The way FSLabs textures look could match exactly to the particular plane they were modeled after.  Which in turn, could be slightly different to the real one Aerosoft was using.  I'm sure in real life, every flight deck does not match exactly the same?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The VC textures in the FSL A320-X that I was observing at the Cosford 2018 Flightsim Show looked perfectly fine to me......and I am a bit of a perfectionist where stuff like this is concerned. It's also true that, even though I am not all that interested in "failures", I never really feel comfortable unless I have the best version of an aircraft. That being the case, I will have to start saving the pennies when I switch to P3D v4 :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Have the FSL A320-A319 and the AS 318-321 suit , i only Fly The FSL A319 i can agree with Nyxx and the other

FSLabs A320 is THE BEST aircraft simulation I've ever had and I had most of them for all the history of FS.
It is a hardcore simulation but also it has THIS SOMETHING that is not easy to define and you have to feel it.
I remember seeing Ben Weston's (Airline2Sim) FSLA320 FirstLook video (link below) - I already got the feeling that was what tigers (like me) like best. 😉

• Upvote 2