Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

Navigation Frequincies

Guest quayle

Dose anybody know of any websites that give you the runway frequincies in FS as if i want to do a autoland in the PMDG 737 i need the frequincies.

Guest quayle

So if i were to do a auto land into manchester i would go to the website go to navaids and put in the airport frequincie(114.14). this would work with autoland and set me up for a autoland ?

No, you need the ILS frequency for the runway you want to land on, not the navaid frequency. You should be able to get the frequency you need directly from the PMDG FMC. Assuming you have set up a flightplan and are currently in flight, click on the "DEP ARR" button on the FMC.Next click on the line select key next to where it it says ARR> for the arrival airport.On the next page select the runway / approach you want, and the STAR if required.Once this is done, the EXEC key should light up - click on it to activate your chosen approach.If you now click the "INIT REF" button the display should tell you the ILS frequency (if available) and course for the runway you have selected.If you don't use the FMC, then the easiest place to get ILS frequencies is usually the map view in flight sim.You need to enter the ILS frequency into both the NAV1 and NAV2 radios, and you need to have BOTH Autopilots engaged once you have intercepted the localiser in order to do an autoland.

Guest quayle

thanks but it dose not display the frequincies on the INIT REF page.

Sorry, I should have made it clear that the ILS frequency is displayed on the APPROACH REF page under the INIT REF menu. If you are currently in the descent phase, then the approach page should be displayed automatically when you press INIT REF. If you are not in the descent, then you need to first click the line select key next to where it says

Jim is correct, as long as you are using a GPS with the 'imbedded' FS data. I use Reality RXP units, and the info I get from that database may not be what is 'active' in FS.There are times when the actual Terminal info I have availiable (.pdf, navdata, paper charts, etc.) to me (ILS frequancies) is not the same as what is 'imbedded' in the xx.bgl scenery files in use.The best way to see what your scenery is using is to use the default FS GPS, or the frequancies shown in the FS Map. Both the Map and default FS GPS should contain the same info.

One of the best ways preflight to get the actual frequencies and even if not available elsewhere other information is to use the freeware AFCAD2.21 (for FS9) and open up your airport.You can print if needed this airport diagram but you will in the menu see an item called LISTS. This will give you the frequencies and other information of ILS and other navaids. It is important that the frequencies used match those in the scenery. Other data obtained from non-FS scenery sources may not be in sync with those in your FS scenery. Some external add-ons do build there database from your installed scenery so they should be syncronized.When closing AFCAD do not select to save your file unless you have deliberately altered your airport properties.

You can also find ILS frequencies on the ILS approach plates at www.myairplane.com/. It'll be in the header along with course radial.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach