Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

B58 by Corenado yes/ no ?

....any experience with the 3.2 version, the spec say "Only for X-Plane 10.5" does it mean 10.5 or higher.

Does anyone tried with VR Corenado doesn't say anything about optimization for VR, should I assume that it's not fully compatible & optimized ??  

It is very popular FSX & P3D Airplane, just wonder if it's really worth the the $ investment ?

appreciate any comments 

Cheers

Yair   

Edited by N1125Y

The only safe bet with Carenado if you're using X-Plane 11, is to buy aircraft that specifically state XP11 compatible. And even then, you might have to wait for Carenado to catch up to the latest XP11 version because it's a moving target. We're still waiting for updates on some of the "XP11" versions like the PC-12 because there are some changes coming in 11.30 soon. I wouldn't recommend buying an XP10-only version.

Carenado are gradually updating the older planes in the fleet and they'll get there eventually, but it's going to take a while. I'm guessing that the B58 Baron is pretty far down the list for a full XP11 update, because there is already a Baron as default aircraft in XP11. Have you tried that one? I don't know enough about Barons to say if the flight model and systems are accurate or not, but it does at least look nice. 🙂

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

..... tnx, I took your advice, just added the Reality Expansion Pack, I hope that LR will pay a bit more attention before they are releasing unfinished product to the market, this AP is missing Fuel Selector, Cowl Flaps can't be configured properly  & few other things are not functioning as expected ..... other than that it is nice Bird and it's fully compatibly with VR ..... 

Cheers

Yair 

Edited by N1125Y

The carenado 58 works fine in 11, but i would wait for the 11 release / update so you dont have to pay for it again, when ever that might be... They updated the F33 and its nice.

I really liked it in XP10, but I would advise waiting for an XP11 update.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

.. I'll pull the trigger only if they will rebuild it from ground up, not only patched/ update the original one, for this I have the Stock with the Expansion Pack 

3 hours ago, N1125Y said:

.. I'll pull the trigger only if they will rebuild it from ground up, not only patched/ update the original one, for this I have the Stock with the Expansion Pack 

I don't think that's going to happen. Carenado builds their models first for FSX/P3D and then adapts them for X-Plane. As far as I know, they have never built a model from the ground up just for X-Plane.

That said, I think they do a pretty good job with the conversions, bringing in the 3D graphics and adapting the flight model and systems for X-Plane, often resulting in a better model than the original FSX/P3D version (personal opinion here). 

P.S. Carenado has just changed their web site to a new "phone friendly" design, and it's horrible on a PC monitor (sigh). I guess that's where everyone is going now...

• Like 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

On 10/14/2018 at 10:24 PM, Paraffin said:

I don't think that's going to happen. Carenado builds their models first for FSX/P3D and then adapts them for X-Plane. As far as I know, they have never built a model from the ground up just for X-Plane.

That said, I think they do a pretty good job with the conversions, bringing in the 3D graphics and adapting the flight model and systems for X-Plane, often resulting in a better model than the original FSX/P3D version (personal opinion here). 

P.S. Carenado has just changed their web site to a new "phone friendly" design, and it's horrible on a PC monitor (sigh). I guess that's where everyone is going now...

..make sense. I 'll keep flying the stock with RP addon

Tnx