Sign in to follow this  
Guest bennyboy

Captainsim 757 capabilities...so far

Hello,I have to jump in here, in regards to the statement made below.Mark, you are "WRONG", I'm still waiting for the 707 fix. Until it is released, CS "HAS" left me hanging!!!.I've learned the hard way, CS will not get another "PENNY" from me until they "FIX" the 707!.>CS refuses to update products like the 727 and 707 leaving many customers hanging...Wrong. CS have announced they are working on the updates for both (check their news archive), I'm sure they will be released.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest OneTinSoldier

The only time you can be sure something will be released, is when it's actually been released!I can say I got a lof of enjoyment out of the CS Mig-21, 727, and Yak-3. But I knew full well when I purchased the 757 that it was still a work in progress for the most part, and that I could end up being 'left hanging'. Still, knowing that, I decided to go ahead and get it. If CS doesn't properly support the product it could end up being the last purchase they receive from me. Time will tell. At any rate...Mark, I think it's appropriate to ask how long ago was the 707 released and how long ago was it that the promise to update the 707 was made?Regards,OTS

Guest Crimguy

Does CS have any experience designing FMC's? I have grave doubts they're going to have a decent one completed for the 757 any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Guest bennyboy

I'm a hardened LDS 767 fan, and tried out the CS 757 today for size. So far I'm impressed and disappointed in equal measure.It certainly looks nice from the outside, with nice animations of opening cockpit windows, service doors, cargo doors, wheel chocks etc which are all made easy to do with the little animations utility where you simply click on the animation you need.Inside, the VC looks nice too, and you get a finely detailed first class cabin, virtual toilet and some nice detailing around the door area. At night, the cabin lighting looks effective too.The 2D panel is frankly a bit of a mess. It's hard to see the digits on the much of the panel and it looks like a bit of a mish mash of freeware and payware to me. It lacks the clean look of the LDS panel and doesn't have the 'lived in' charm of their previous panels for the 707 and 727. I only went for a quick spin, but even after an hour of mucking about with the overhead I couldn't manange to extinguish some of the warning lights for things like the APU gen and there was something amiss with the hydraulics configuation. I did RTFM but it really isn't much help and CS's pathetic excuse for a forum didn't throw up any hints. The great thing with the LDS and PMDG forums is you can do a quick search and solve your problem in a tic.I quite like the soundset, and once in the air you realise how sprightly the 757 is. What a shame I couldn't get the AP to actually fly the aircraft. Heading Select works, but it has a mind of its own when it comes to ALT Hold, VS, FLCH, IAS. Basic functions like dialling in a heading, height, speed and hitting the A/T and FLCH commands seemed beyond it. After half an hour of trying to figure it out I tried a landing in fully manual mode which was uneventful although the frame rates were considerably less than the LDS 767.I need more time to get my head round this thing, but it seems for now CS have created something that is much nicer to look and and walk around than to fly!

Guest MarkM

Well, let's look at the CS757 this way:1. Graphics (models, VC, 2D, textures, animation etc). Obviously, the CS 757 provides first class graphics.Even their direct competitors' fans confirm that. In my opinion, CS757 is simply the best on the market in terms of the picture quality and attention to details.2. Systems. Right, some of them are not fully functional yet. But it's clearly stated on the CS757 web site and manuals. RTFM BEFORE PURCHASE and see what's inside. Some ppl are more that happy with provided programming. Some are waiting for the systems block F release. Is that any worse than wait for the entire release from LDS?BTW are you sure all simmers are hardcore fans, know aircraft better than some real pilot do, and spend hours flying MSFS daily? I don't think so, some of them just takeoff using the Y key and flying spot view enjoying the view once a week. Why not? Some ppl (including myself) collect plastic kits enjoy the static display and more than happy with that.3. Blocks. Great idea DOTWhy? Just facts again:- Availabilty. Number of CS loyal simmers enjoy the CS757 since february 2006. While PSS/LDS fans are just waiting for a miracle 757 of their dreams. I wish your dreams come true one day ;)- Price. I paid $25 6 month ago. 25 bucks! i'd buy some gas... a half of a tank! :)BTW, recently I've got super upgrade 1.2. Hundreds of enhancements for free.- Choice.As for general support, I do not see how PMDG or LDS is better, because CS has very informative and easy to use support system. It's way more convenient than some forums.

A little bump to this thread because cs making some news again with the 75F release.I bought the CS 757 and was just extremely unhappy that they can release products with no 2d panel, then release a 2D panel that doesn't work right anyway.... with the promise that "block F" will be the savior. To me, it's just crappy procedures. When I bought the PMDG, PSS, Wilco etc.. products, it was a complete plane with 2D, VC, FMC etc... I would expect this from CS as well.So I went to the PSS and bugs aside, I have a fully functional 752,753,and 75F with a full 2D panel and FMC.If they were released at the same time, the choice would have been easy. For those looking for a fully functional 757, PSS (in my opinion) is the right choice.As to support at CS, I find them extremely unpleasant despite how polite I've been.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest lalo lolo1

Well, it is pretty obvious why the blocks system. By the time CS released their first block there was no payware 757 available. They knew very well that if they waited to have a finished product, then some other developer was going to release first. Knowing those were PSS and LDS, they just hurried to release whatever they had ready so they could sell something, because, once PSS or PDS released they were going to sell nothing, or very little in comparision. One example of this is what happened to Feelthere with its 777 being released when PSS had already patched their T7. I know very little people that have the FT777, but a whole bunch that has the PSS one.Leo