Sign in to follow this  
FDEdev

No more FSX and P3D2&3 airplanes from CS

Not really surprising. Development for 32-bit simming is dying at an accelerating rate.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Sadly, there are those of us who cannot run xPlane11 or P3Dv4 on our systems.  I know, the age of the Dinosaurs died long ago, but Jurassic Park cost millions to build and a high end system to run P3Dv4 or xPlane11 is my "Jurassic Park".

Just as sadly, I own several...talking several here...FS2004 and FSX "legacy" products and, as we all know, CS will not support the FS9 stuff at all.  Their suggestion used to be "Buy the FSX version and we'll try to help".  Can't wait for my first "Buy P3Dv4" suggestion from them... 😈

They could at least still provide customer support for the products we bought from them to get them financially to the stage where they could go "P3Dv4".  Ford Motors Corp still supports my 1985 Ford F-150 4X4 thank goodness.

Randy

Edited by Ramjett

The cost of developing for 32bits and 64bits at the same time is too high.

You need to keep 2 separated versions of everything, the 64bits keeps moving forward, new functionality and internal functions results / variables are changing, for an instance one function will return different values for each version.

So if you find a bug, you have to fix it in two projects, things that work in a way on one project 64bits don't work inside of a project with 32bits.

Then you have the issue of 3Dmax and visual studio, new platforms require you to upgrade to the latest version were FSX and FS9 are incompatible with these, so you need to keep different computers to host these tools.

The reality is, FSX and FS9 are becoming un-supportable as new trends require developers to upgrade their systems and development tools with technology that do not work with these versions of simulators.

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 1

Even MS has to call it quits for older versions of Windows at some time.  Personally, I think if I was to slip back to FSX (or even FS2004), I would still have enough planes and scenery to choose among and fly upon to last me a lifetime.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit