Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

LH 748 Brandenburg almost ready

Releasing this one tomorrow.

Added a lot of details, gave her some wear in the tail and APU area.

VGNamg.jpg

Here she is on a dawn test flight...tail again, with the logo light on.

XztlPu.jpg

Here is the nose....landing light splashes of course

KKwszq.jpg

Airborne....just love this angle and lighting

nvf9vI.jpg

A view from the wing...

FqGNZs.jpg

And the other side....

n9WEOz.jpg

I added grime around the cargo doors where ground crew would be handling the access panel and such....

yO9mZX.jpg

And the ring the jetways leave on the L1 and L2 doors.  I also used a paint method to enhance the 3d look of the blanked windows...I think it looks better than just the bump map kick in.

DtkQX1.jpg

Finally, when looking close up on this bird, I noticed that the top of the "h" is painted over the wear plate, but under the door frame...I painted this detail.

PMAiiA.jpg

Should be uploading her tomorrow (Saturday).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Another masterpiece Steve, simply stunning!!!

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Unglaublich!

Great work, Steve.  I like the subtle touches, the 'grime' around the cargo door ctrl panel - we can't all wear white gloves like they do in Japan..  🙂

Look forward to flying "Me".

-Scott D-ABYA.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys....packing her up for release.  Not sure if I'll do the new Lufthansa colors...they changed my favorite livery of all time after all. 🙄

50 minutes ago, psbrandenburg said:

Look forward to flying "Me".

Lol Scott.  If I had a good photo of your mug you know you'd be in the pilot's seat. :wink:

Will send you an advanced copy to check out while I get her ready for release.  Check your PM soon.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

22 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks guys....packing her up for release.  Not sure if I'll do the new Lufthansa colors...they changed my favorite livery of all time after all. 🙄

Lol Scott.  If I had a good photo of your mug you know you'd be in the pilot's seat. :wink:

Will send you an advanced copy to check out while I get her ready for release.  Check your PM soon.

There is no such thing as a good photo of my mug.  Just throw Manfred von Richtofen in there and we'll be good..  😉

-Scott D-ABYA.

Hey Steve: Thanks for creating this specific livery. 747-8 SIM would not be complete without Lufthansa, the launch-customer, and probably the primary reason 747-8 was conceived. BTW, I have traveled countless times in Lufthansa, including at least a couple of times in their 747-8. This logo brings back a lot of memories personally for me. I also realize, your job to create a livery is tremendously more painstaking than us using a few hours to fly it! Hope, someone here will pick up this marvelously detailed livery and post a few good shots of it from the Virtual Sky soon. Appreciated.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

Hope, someone here will pick up this marvelously detailed livery and post a few good shots of it from the Virtual Sky soon.

Yeah that is more or less freeware painter currency, LOL.

Decided to tinker just a bit more and add the white strips you see on the rudder edges...

NkH03d.jpg

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey guys who replied to this post...check you inbox here at Avsim. :wink:

(If you posted AFTER this post, you'll be able to get the paint by clicking the link in my sig when she's posted to the library...getting that done soon)

And for those who've been following my paints for the last 17 years, you should know what a screenshot like this indicates. 🙂

PKLNzg.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

And for those who've been following my paints for the last 17 years, you should know what a screenshot like this indicates. 🙂

Yep - when you see "Grumpy Joe" you know it's time to go flying!  (He has that "disappointed dad look")

Thanks Steve!!

-Scott D-ABYA.

Beauty.  Sehr Schön..

4RPKNT.gif

b9ANIa.jpg

0aq6XG.jpg

H7uLmm.jpg

Vielen Dank, Herr Drabek!

-Scott Brandenburg.

Edited by psbrandenburg
photos incorrect

Steve,

May I please PM you?

regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

The images above look as good as those I've seen in the Lufthansa (in-flight) magazine...🙂...Just fantastic!

• Like 1

W O W !! Top Notch 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks guys!  I was just about to upload but when I was QA'ing it one more time, the lufthansa.com text in the back was just bugging me.   Looking more closely I saw most of the letters were ok, but the "a" is quite unique to the Lufthansa font and not replicated well in any commercially available font.  You can see the font I found (garmond I think) was close...but not good enough looking at the inside hole shape of it (for those that even can notice it) 🙂 

So I replaced it with a scaled down version from the raster-type main LH text in the front.  Since the rest of the lufthansa.com was created as a vector font, a trick painters can use to control the thickness of the font precisely is using the "Stroke" parameter as needed (the bold version of the font is a fixed thickness and rarely the right thickness for the job).

In the screens below, you can see the font with the stroke off, then set at 8, which is perfect for this text.  The "Stroke" of a vector is the outline of the shape, and in a good painting app you can control its thickness (obviously, hehe).  I also made the text a bit taller and realigned it to more closely match the real thing. 

Took a bit of work but I think the finished product is much better than the 1st go at it (was it too nit picky?  maybe, but like I said...it was bugging me)

BPbWX2.jpg

GxspvT.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Steve,

May I please PM you?

regards

Tony