Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

LH 748 Brandenburg almost ready

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

..but not good enough looking at the inside hole shape of it (for those that even can notice it) 🙂

True, I personally wouldn't be able to notice, only the "perfectionists"...🙂....will...

20 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

True, I personally wouldn't be able to notice, only the "perfectionists"...🙂....will...

Hehe....I tell ya....when you stare at the paint for so long like most painters do, you start to see things you can tweak just a bit to make it look much more realistic.  

For example...while I was in the paintkit making that adjustment to the lufthansa.com in the rear...I did these things as well...to "polish her off" as it were.  NOW I'm satisfied with it...packaging and uploading as I type.

kz3d8U.jpg

I also did a final color correction for the gray, and its as close as I hope to ever get.  Folks who don't paint LH regularly have no clue how hard it is to get right. 

Pictures on the internet skew the color so bad...you can't go by them, and even if you put the exact RGB code for the gray into your pallet, the sim lighting engine can whack it in more ways you can imagine LOL.  HDR settings alone will have folks swearing the color is either too light or dark...so the best I can do is adjust it with no HDR, date set to the exact middle of the solar year at the airport I check for color, at 12:00 noon, with no 3rd party shaders or color correction on my monitor.

Of course, what layer you put it on in the paintkit will also effect it.  There are 2 layers that skew all colors under it, the weather and shadow layers.  Sadly you have to put the gray layer under them so they merge correctly with the effects those layers give over the whole fuselage.  Just setting the layer to multiply, darken or overlay won't quite do it, as much as I'd like to do that (its easier).  So you have to adjust the exact RGB value to compensate for their effects.  Anyway...enough rambling about painter's problems...you guys just want the plane! 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

In the library now guys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

11 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

...HDR settings alone will have folks swearing the color is either too light or dark...so the best I can do is adjust it with no HDR, date set to the exact middle of the solar year at the airport I check for color, at 12:00 noon, with no 3rd party shaders or color correction on my monitor...

Great job, Steve!  Thank you so much! Yes, you are right, it is very difficult to save the correct gray color, especially since its display depends on the sky textures, which are different for everyone and very rarely performed with regard to the preservation of neutral lighting.
Under the spoiler are three screenshots that I made with the same texture at the same time of the day. Initially, the runway, the plane and the fence in the background are gray. At the same time, the pixel responsible for the shadow cast has a different color. You can compare how the perception of gray changes.

Spoiler

b27a7fe2efb3.jpg

76491a141594.jpg

986f16e3fded.jpg

Regards

Gennadiy