Sign in to follow this  
spkier1

Embraer 190E2

Hello Guys!

My name is Ulrik

I know many of you are inntrested in the Embraer 190 E2

what would you say if a payware 190E2 is in development only for p3d v4?

with full glass cockpit and will feature rain on the winshield.

a little story about me and the company

My name is Ulrik a everyone has heard i'm 17 years old and live in Norway

at my spare time i 3d model aircraft and sell them via a website that sells 3d models but this summer i decided i would make an embrare 190 E2 for p3d v4

wich nobody else has done (yet) it's the first time i ever make something for p3d but it's not the first time i 3d modell

and this is not a thread about getting my company promoted rather a thread where i say someone is working on a Embraer 190E2

for P3D V4 

Below are some very very early images of a Embraer 190E2 (images taken directly inside editor with orthographic mode on and these images are old but a little preview)

DlZvVhW.png

sNSPlFg.png

But the E2 dosnt have winglets? that's right i'm makin both the one with and the one without

Best Regards

Ulrik

Hey Ulrik,

It seems there is long way to go before you're at a stage where folks here would show interest in your project.  You mention that you're not new to 3d design, just in P3d.

Perhaps showing some of your previous work would let the community know that your EMB E2 project is something we'd want put on our radar and follow its progress. 

Also, since it will be payware, do you have a business plan to determine (among a variety of things) what market you want to bring it to?  For example, would you target the very casual simmer who's happy flying default aircraft, and would just like an EMB E2 to fly around, the intermediate simmer that wants "some" cockpit/systems/flight model fidelity, or the hard core simmer looking for products at the PMDG level? (for example).  Knowing that would also help the community here know if they would be a potential customer for your product when it gets closer to release.

Seeing this is your 1st post here, welcome to the Avsim forum, and I wish you luck in your project!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

More interested in your licensing arrangement and/or purchase of 3ds Max.Is that a student license?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hey Ulrik,

It seems there is long way to go before you're at a stage where folks here would show interest in your project.  You mention that you're not new to 3d design, just in P3d.

Perhaps showing some of your previous work would let the community know that your EMB E2 project is something we'd want put on our radar and follow its progress. 

Also, since it will be payware, do you have a business plan to determine (among a variety of things) what market you want to bring it to?  For example, would you target the very casual simmer who's happy flying default aircraft, and would just like an EMB E2 to fly around, the intermediate simmer that wants "some" cockpit/systems/flight model fidelity, or the hard core simmer looking for products at the PMDG level? (for example).  Knowing that would also help the community here know if they would be a potential customer for your product when it gets closer to release.

Seeing this is your 1st post here, welcome to the Avsim forum, and I wish you luck in your project!

Hey Steve!

thanks alot

yeah i'm new to avsim community.

my plan is to bring this into a realistic aircraft where you have to study every single button, basicly my intention was to have a full oil system and full pressure system so you ahve to run those engines as you're supposed to and not just give 100% power and run them into red as that's not how you're supposed todo.

every single button is supposed todo something this aircraft is not ment to just fly it's suppsoed to feature absolutly everything the real world EMB190E2 is featured and my goal is to release in 2020.

i will tell you more about this at a later time once i start to get near

my intention with this post was to get some attention that i am working on one, it might not look alot at the moment and its actully looking pretty horrible in my opinion 

for easier reading this is what i was planned to add and i'm currently working on:

Full ice system

Oil system and oil leaked

trueglass

Fully custom coded Displays + fmc with realistic Electrical outputs and behavor

you can also see the lights in the cabin flash when you swich generator

and it will feature shared cockpit 

what i'm telling you here is taking a looong time to code 

and you're properly wondering why havent this been done before? well look at A2A they have done this before but not with a big comercial airplane that is in use today 

if this got you're little attention follow the thread and i'll update you on the way

Best Regards

Ulrik Brun

3 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

More interested in your licensing arrangement and/or purchase of 3ds Max.Is that a student license?

No it's not a student license i bought the full version but the image above was from a student version 

when i started working on the aircraft i had the student version as i mentioned i was 17 years old and went to school we trained both programming and 3d modelling now i finished school currently home searching for a job and using my skills and the money i had to get 3dsmax i have owned the full version for allredy a half a year but due to the lack of time i havent done alot the aircraft and that's why i showed a student version 

i also had plans to just make it for my self and a few friends when i was at school.

Can't fault your ambition, but it's a lot of work to get something like that actually done, even to a basic level, let alone to produce something which is approaching a study level simulation.

There are all kinds of things to consider and overcome, not least the fact that access to the real aeroplane if one is not in the aviation industry is difficult; you pretty much need that access in order to accurately research dimensions, textures, view angles, placarding, avionics, etc.

Maybe you have  access to the aeroplane already arranged. I'm inclined to think not, but then again, when I was a design student, I wasn't in a position to be able to afford a £1,740 per annum subscription to 3DSMax, much less have the time to use it; I was too busy stacking shelves at the Co-Op every night after College, in order to pay for my student accommodation lol, so who knows?

Similarly, knowledge of the aeroplane's long-term performance data is required if one is to produce an accurate study simulation of its performance, and this I know you won't have because I doubt if even Embraer have all the data gathered on that yet, considering that the real aeroplane only went into revenue service less than five months ago, so has not been tested fully in a commercial operation over a one year cycle.

Gathering data like that, much less publishing it/obtaining it is one of the reasons for example, why both iFly and PMDG are projecting a 2020 release date for their versions of the Boeing 737 MAX for P3D. They are presumably in a position to suggest that projected release date I assume, because they have access to the real aeroplane and its performance data. The real 737 MAX went into revenue service a little over seventeen months ago, thus the type has now been flying commercially for long enough to have gathered accurate performance data across all seasons of the year, in many different climatic conditions. The Embraer 190 E2 hasn't been flying long enough commercially to be in a position where anyone at all knows that data at the moment.

I've no wish to dampen your enthusiasm, and certainly enthusiasm can go a long way toward driving a project toward completion, but even the best enthusiasm cannot perform miracles and provide data which isn't available, so in considering the above issues, with such a new aeroplane as the 190 E2, I'm inclined to think your projected 2020 release date is optimistic to say the least; you should think carefully about what actually is going to be achievable in terms of access to information and the physical aeroplane itself. But good luck with your efforts.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Highly ambitious indeed and good on you to take on a project like that. But I would agree with Alan. This is a monumental task especially for a 1st project.  Instead of the E2 why not do the 1st gen E170/90 series. There is plenty of data out there for it, and no one I know is working on one that is decent , so there is a big void for p3dv4 for that aircraft and its in demand. Plenty of those aircraft still flying today.  Feelthere did a port of their old fsx aircraft , and while the systems were pretty good, the visuals are very dated looking. 

Or perhaps as a 3d modeller you could freelance for one of the devs in the community to get even more experience in the flight sim world.  Nothing wrong to have big goals, but when they are monumental, early out, it may become overwhelming and demoralizing. Wish you all the best, because I would be interested in flying a so called 'study level' E170/90 for P3Dv4

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

All this comments are making sure this person quits THIS project and carries on drawing naked women and monsters  as 3d objects that sure will sell.... now we lose another "Probably very good" AC SIM developer...I wish I had your skill and stamina...good on you...

Jorge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aeronauta said:

All this comments are making sure this person quits THIS project and carries on drawing naked women and monsters  as 3d objects that sure will sell.... now we lose another "Probably very good" AC SIM developer...I wish I had your skill and stamina...good on you...

Jorge

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Highly ambitious indeed and good on you to take on a project like that. But I would agree with Alan. This is a monumental task especially for a 1st project.  Instead of the E2 why not do the 1st gen E170/90 series. There is plenty of data out there for it, and no one I know is working on one that is decent , so there is a big void for p3dv4 for that aircraft and its in demand. Plenty of those aircraft still flying today.  Feelthere did a port of their old fsx aircraft , and while the systems were pretty good, the visuals are very dated looking. 

Or perhaps as a 3d modeller you could freelance for one of the devs in the community to get even more experience in the flight sim world.  Nothing wrong to have big goals, but when they are monumental, early out, it may become overwhelming and demoralizing. Wish you all the best, because I would be interested in flying a so called 'study level' E170/90 for P3Dv4

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Can't fault your ambition, but it's a lot of work to get something like that actually done, even to a basic level, let alone to produce something which is approaching a study level simulation.

There are all kinds of things to consider and overcome, not least the fact that access to the real aeroplane if one is not in the aviation industry is difficult; you pretty much need that access in order to accurately research dimensions, textures, view angles, placarding, avionics, etc.

Maybe you have  access to the aeroplane already arranged. I'm inclined to think not, but then again, when I was a design student, I wasn't in a position to be able to afford a £1,740 per annum subscription to 3DSMax, much less have the time to use it; I was too busy stacking shelves at the Co-Op every night after College, in order to pay for my student accommodation lol, so who knows?

Similarly, knowledge of the aeroplane's long-term performance data is required if one is to produce an accurate study simulation of its performance, and this I know you won't have because I doubt if even Embraer have all the data gathered on that yet, considering that the real aeroplane only went into revenue service less than five months ago, so has not been tested fully in a commercial operation over a one year cycle.

Gathering data like that, much less publishing it/obtaining it is one of the reasons for example, why both iFly and PMDG are projecting a 2020 release date for their versions of the Boeing 737 MAX for P3D. They are presumably in a position to suggest that projected release date I assume, because they have access to the real aeroplane and its performance data. The real 737 MAX went into revenue service a little over seventeen months ago, thus the type has now been flying commercially for long enough to have gathered accurate performance data across all seasons of the year, in many different climatic conditions. The Embraer 190 E2 hasn't been flying long enough commercially to be in a position where anyone at all knows that data at the moment.

I've no wish to dampen your enthusiasm, and certainly enthusiasm can go a long way toward driving a project toward completion, but even the best enthusiasm cannot perform miracles and provide data which isn't available, so in considering the above issues, with such a new aeroplane as the 190 E2, I'm inclined to think your projected 2020 release date is optimistic to say the least; you should think carefully about what actually is going to be achievable in terms of access to information and the physical aeroplane itself. But good luck with your efforts.

Okay first off i'm not giving up i'm not that kind of persion if i do something i finish it whatever time it takes

and second sicne i'm new to p3d sdk i was not clare of the limits of p3d platform and ofc polygon count can affect fps alot wich i didn't think of and yeah you're right it may not be possible todo all of that and i have a very big goal in my mind wich may not be possible at all, but i have a team of 2 other peolpe who only codes thought but they know p3d sdk as they ahve made some freeware stuff before and in my opnion i know we can finish a few things on the list i said

and for peolpe who is saying this might not even happen and the team will just die and they will get bored

i have known them my entire life and they live in the same house

and we do ahve access to a real Embrear,

i'm about to start my PPL next year but that dosnt access me a comercial airplane i have a dad who lives on the other side of the country who has access to a widerøe eambraer 

and i'm pretty sure if that i can't get those things i said above made i willl make a study sim for you

what i used to say "progress is time and time is money"  

i remember when i was little i had big plans to make a huge aircraft for fsx it was the a380

i never made it but somebody else is doing the work and you're right 2020 might be a little optimistic

but i'm trying and i'm not trying to beat the clock here it takes the time it takes

if it takes 5 years to make it then it takes 5 years to make it i'm not stopping beacuse i get bored

(excuse me for my writings phone keyboard was not really my thing)

• Like 1

Here are some images of aircrafts i have been working on 

the images below the first aircraft is a RV14 i tried to make and learn the sdk so it's not my first project but it's the first time i make this big

8NIDPxH.pngomISrWt.pngY5nXrtL.png

6 hours ago, aeronauta said:

Jorge

The last thing I and I imagine everyone else too, is trying to do in responding to this post, is make this person quit the project, nor to dampen any enthusiasm, quite the reverse in fact. There is nothing wrong with the desire to aim high, but even big established software developers realise sometimes you have to temper enthusiastic goals with reality and come at things slowly in order to build experience. Or to quote the legendary Lao Tzu on the matter of becoming at one with the rhythm of life and thus making the way easier when contemplating tackling something difficult:

'Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.'

PMDG made a 'simpler' DC-6 as a test for developing aircraft for XPlane, and this experience led them to the conclusion that the base program was not able to support everything they wanted to do when it came to creating complex airliners in the way they go about it. Similarly, A2A started out with a desire to make an Accusim F-4 Phantom, and apparently this is still a long term goal, but they are on record as saying that first they'd try a single engined jet fighter - the F-104 Starfighter - and before that they would try something even simpler, to quote them exactly on this matter: 

'We have to release an Accu-Sim jet engine first, which would likely be a simpler jet like a T-33 first. We have a few projects on the plate we need to finish first though.'

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You got strong determination. That goes a long way.  You didnt mention the coders you have, and the resources for an Embraer.  Keep at it, and hope to see progress in 2020. You will garner interest for sure if you can pull it off.  

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It´s a huge Project and will take many years. But I wish you all the best! And I would do that if you decide to do some changes on your goals. That would be loved product even with lower expectations! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kiki said:

It´s a huge Project and will take many years. But I wish you all the best! And I would do that if you decide to do some changes on your goals. That would be loved product even with lower expectations! 

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

You got strong determination. That goes a long way.  You didnt mention the coders you have, and the resources for an Embraer.  Keep at it, and hope to see progress in 2020. You will garner interest for sure if you can pull it off.  

1 hour ago, Chock said:

The last thing I and I imagine everyone else too, is trying to do in responding to this post, is make this person quit the project, nor to dampen any enthusiasm, quite the reverse in fact. There is nothing wrong with the desire to aim high, but even big established software developers realise sometimes you have to temper enthusiastic goals with reality and come at things slowly in order to build experience. Or to quote the legendary Lao Tzu on the matter of becoming at one with the rhythm of life and thus making the way easier when contemplating tackling something difficult:

'Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.'

PMDG made a 'simpler' DC-6 as a test for developing aircraft for XPlane, and this experience led them to the conclusion that the base program was not able to support everything they wanted to do when it came to creating complex airliners in the way they go about it. Similarly, A2A started out with a desire to make an Accusim F-4 Phantom, and apparently this is still a long term goal, but they are on record as saying that first they'd try a single engined jet fighter - the F-104 Starfighter - and before that they would try something even simpler, to quote them exactly on this matter: 

'We have to release an Accu-Sim jet engine first, which would likely be a simpler jet like a T-33 first. We have a few projects on the plate we need to finish first though.'

Thanks all of you! really helps me to keep my motivation up! 🙂

and you're right few peolpe like to start small and see how it goes but i'm the oposite i start big and work down i make a project and scale it down it becomes what it becomes and there is more than 200 methods of doing it and if everyone choose the same path you won't go far before peolpe get bored

we need something good for p3d and that's why and my team it here (sorry for not mentioning it at start of thread) 

i'm not saying all addons are bad but it could use some technology that has never before been made oratleast simulated properly

majestic dash 8 has a full ice simulation and realistic phsic driven controls

i'm sure i can do this with the embrear i'm not giving up until i find a way thru it and i have good hope with this project not all have and i understand what you say by starting small as things can go wrong but i take one step at a time and finish that part before i continue to another part that's it if that part dosnt work properly i take the time to figuere it out

I'm not quiting what ever peolpe say if it sarcasm or if they are just beeing nice to me

i appreciate all feedback beacuse i listen to what peolpe want or not and if they want something i make it 

Best Regards

Ulrik Brun

Yea, the guys may "rib" ya a little, but overall they are a good lot.  I think it's just we see so many projects announced but never come to completion.  Nature of the beast I guess.

From my personal experience there is nothing harder than finishing a project for the first time for flight simulation.  Heck, I have been working on one nearly every day now for over three years!  I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but always some new issue one has to overcome (including life!), so I commend you on taking the bold step of announcing your plans.

May I suggest you also visit the website FSDeveloper.  Arno (the owner), and is site is a godsend for those into flightsim development.

All I can add is good luck! 😀

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit