Sign in to follow this  
malct

FSX Gold Edition Acceleration product key

3 hours ago, malct said:

I think its going to be best just to download SP1 and SP2 and not bother with the 3rd disc. 

Make sure you uninstall Acceleration by running the setup program on the third disk.  SP1 is on the third disk.  You'll have to search for SP2.  Install them after uninstalling Acceleration or you will have issues.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Keep in mind that due to the differences between SP2 and Acceleration you e.g. can't use the xprototype LJ25 or most of the newer Flight Replicas airplanes.

Edited by J35OE

I spent hours loading up all my software that i have bought over the years, Any recommendations on any freeware?

I have the QW 757 and thats what i use but looking at buying the 787 in the near future.

I am using the UT Live , just wanting everything working for the long winter nights. 

why not  bite the  bullet  and  go  with  64bit p3dv4

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Oddly, I just installed my FSX after many years last night (need for testing), and did notice two keys in the box, one for FSX and one for Acceleration.  Installed FSX and it asked for the key but when I installed Acceleration it did not ask for the 2nd key?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I also recently reinstalled FSX Gold, and it asked me for both keys.
Acceleration install was not completing until I changed a s single letter in the registry. from partMgr to PartMgr (From here).

Edited by RamonB

13 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Acceleration install was not completing until I changed a s single letter in the registry. from partMgr to PartMgr

And my registry shows partmgr so changed to PartMgr and it still did not ask for activation but did a repair for FSX (activated again) and then a repair for Acceleration and this time it immediately asked for a key.  It is obvious Windows 10 is not Vista or Windows XP, the OS's when FSX/Acceleration was first released.  But it is great we have some experts who find little details about the registry issue and have the ability to reset the registry (if FSX would not activate).

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, Jim Young said:

You can still get FSX to work by installing SP1 and SP2.  At least you'll have DX10 as SP2 is the freeware version of Acceleration.

Hi Jim,

As a designer, I can assure you that the difference between SP2 and Acceleration is more then a few added aircraft/boats/scenery and features like Sling hoist operation.

Besides additional functionality in the FDE, Accel also has quite a few added Events and Variables; which makes some third-party (freeware or payware) addons designed for Accel, not to work properly (if at all) in FSX-SP2. Including some gauges I created.
Some examples of added Avars in Accel are FOLDING WING HANDLE POSITION, TAILHOOK HANDLE and SURFACE RELATIVE GROUND SPEED.

Although SP2 was released to the public after Accel for obvious commercial reasons, I strongly believe that Accel is just a continued development on top of SP2.
The build numbers of the FSX.exe file supports this statement:
- FSX-SP2: Buildnumber 61472
- FSX-Accel: Buildnumber 61637
Meaning that SP2 isn't a dumbed-down (and free) version of Accel.

It suggests to me (unlike what Microsoft has always claimed), that the final SP2 product build was created by the development team before they finalised Accel; just made available after .
Which would make sense by the way, both from a developement and commercial perspective.

Regards, Rob

5 minutes ago, rcbarend said:

Although SP2 was released to the public after Accel for obvious commercial reasons, I strongly believe that Accel is just a continued development on top of SP2.
The build numbers of the FSX.exe file supports this statement:
- FSX-SP2: Buildnumber 61472
- FSX-Accel: Buildnumber 61637
Meaning that SP2 isn't a dumbed-down (and free) version of Accel.

It suggests to me (unlike what Microsoft has always claimed), that the final SP2 product build was created by the development team before they finalised Accel; just made available after .
Which would make sense by the way, both from a developement and commercial perspective.

It was not the intention of Microsoft to release a dumbed-down version of Acceleration.  Acceleration came with many new aircraft and scenery and updated FSX SP1 in the process.  SP2 was coded so that anyone who did not purchase Acceleration (for a measly $19.95) could still have the upgrades to FSX (like DirectX 10) but could not use any of the products that came with Acceleration.  Do not know how to prove it to you otherwise.  I do know for a fact you cannot have SP2 and Acceleration installed at the same time.

Submit News to AVSIM

22 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

It was not the intention of Microsoft to release a dumbed-down version of Acceleration.  Acceleration came with many new aircraft and scenery and updated FSX SP1 in the process.  SP2 was coded so that anyone who did not purchase Acceleration (for a measly $19.95) could still have the upgrades to FSX (like DirectX 10) but could not use any of the products that came with Acceleration.  Do not know how to prove it to you otherwise.  I do know for a fact you cannot have SP2 and Acceleration installed at the same time.

I completely agree with your last statement.

But that is not what I (and another user in this thread) try to clarify……
Which is:
If you install SP2 instead of Accel, not only do the new products (like new aircraft) that came with Accel don't work by just copying them into SP2, but a lot of third-party addons designed for Accel (and not related to these new products in Accel) won't work either.

Maybe the confusion comes from the word "products".

• Like 1

To further clarify, an example of an addon designed for FSX-Accel that won't work properly in FSX-SP2.

Dino Cattaneo made a great simulation of the LM F-35B (an older version of it is freeware for FSX-Accel).
By itself, this aircraft flies fine in FSX-SP2, except for one thing: setting the STOVL mode (based on the FS Tailhook function) is programmed using a FSX variable named TAILHOOK HANDLE.

Although the Tailhook function itself allready exists in FS since FS2002, the used associated variable TAILHOOK HANDLE in the gauge code is available in FSX-Accel only (and not FSX-SP2).
Hence this addon won't work properly in FSX-SP2.
Just an example of an "under the hood" addition in Accel compared to SP2.

Rob

I am sure that the last time that i loaded FSX-Accel, It didn't ask for the product key.

At the moment i have loaded up SP1 and 2 but not attempted yet to try the disc again since loading all my add ons. 

Sorry for not getting back to you, I have asked for email alerts but getting nothing 

On 10/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, w6kd said:

I just dug out my FSX Gold box, and there are two separate key stickers, one for FSX Deluxe, the other for the FSX Acceleration Expansion.

Regards

Same here, Bob, I just pulled my FSX Gold box and both product keys are on one card, one on top of the other!

Should have said one above the other, but two distinct product keys!

Rick

Edited by RGus

Just checked my case and i can see where the product key label was stuck on, So at some point its come off.

I guess its out of the question that someone who doesn't need the product key will be able to offer it to me, I have seen these Product key generators, But its to much a risk to download a virus.