Sign in to follow this  
malct

FSX Gold Edition Acceleration product key

I have had FSX Gold for years. There are two product keys in my boxed version, one for FSX and one for Acceleration. I have had problems with Activation, so I'm for the moment stuck flying 30 mins. flights, I get the message I have to activate...But when I click "Ok" on the buttom all goes blanck and all I get is a Black Screen???

Strangely I made a DeskTop Shortcut and I think I am running FSX from there.

Sorry to bud in the topic.

Berlopez

p.s: I know I have double posted, wanted to correct a small spelling error, I am unable to delete the erroneous post, I am sorry.

Edited by Berlopez
new info

1 hour ago, Berlopez said:

I have had FSX Gold for years. There are two product keys in my boxed version, one for FSX and one for Acceleration. I have had problems with Activation, so I'm for the moment stuck flying 30 mins. flights, I get the message I have to activate...But when I click "Ok" on the buttom all goes blanck and all I get is a Black Screen???

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but with the issues that you are having why not just use Revo Uninstaller and do a complete install of FSX, with the aggressive post-uninstall scan?. 

Then pickup FSX: Steam during a sale and install it instead. Since it's though Steam you won't have the activation issues that you now face and you'll have a fully working copy of FSX.

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

airernie, thanks for your reply and advice !

When all this began to happen to me, all i figured was to uninstall FSX Accl. which I did from Control Panel until the program dissapeared from Programs and Features. Then I tried to reinstall by inserting the discs, but when I got to Acceleration that disc got ejected and nothing else happened ???

So I proceeded to uninstall again,first via Control Panel again and then I deleted Saved Flights and what ever was left of FSX in my C:\.

All I had left was the Shortcut I had created in my desktop, to make changes to FSX from there. From this shortcut I copied the FSX.exe to my desktop and incredible from there I can open FSX\Accel....But...For only 30 mins. Flights, Because I guess this folder is not Registered/Validated.

So I am planning to reinstall and hopefuly after DISC 2 I get the validation page,where I can enter thekey and I should be good to go again...

13 hours ago, Berlopez said:

So I am planning to reinstall and hopefuly after DISC 2 I get the validation page,where I can enter thekey and I should be good to go again...

Personally, I would download the free version of Revo Uninstaller.  Uninstall the existing copy of FSX and use the aggressive post-uninstall scan to try and remove as much of a trace of FSX as I could. 

Unfortunately, that means all installed add-ons would go also, but it might make the success of the re-install more promising.  I would also manually delete the support folders in Program Data and Roaming. 

If you don't feel comfortable with such an aggressive approach, then the re-installation of disk two might work out.

Either way.. I hope you get back to flying soon.

Ernest Pergrem

airernie, thanks again for your reply and advice!

I have been fallowing the PMDG Install/Uninstall FSX intructions from theire site, and as far as I can see I don't find traces of FSX\Accl. anywhere, Also having fallowed theire intructions I uninstalled all my addons, which I luckily have copies of and can still activate, if nessesary.

When i reinstall I hope I don't run into the issue with the registry to change partmgr to PartMgr; Which I still can't understand why it happened to me ? My copy of FSX\Acceleration is original and genuine.

Just downloaded Revo Uninstaller "Free" and run it it scanned and din't find any traces of FSX, which is a relief for me. Hopefuly this means I can proceed with a clean FSX install.

I also use CCleaner to see and uninstall leftover programs.

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
new info

I suppose deleting the desktop shortcut and FSX.exe can't do any harm, only simplify my reinstall ?

Berlopez

9 minutes ago, Berlopez said:

I suppose deleting the desktop shortcut and FSX.exe can't do any harm, only simplify my reinstall ?

Berlopez

Did you already attempt the reinstall or is the fsx.exe a remnant from a failed install?  

If from a failed install then point Revo to fsx.exe and let in uninstall everything related. 

Ernest Pergrem

Airernie, thanks for your reply. 

No I haven't yet attempted a reinstall.

The FSX.exe icon is one I copied from a previous failed install or I am not sure now from my Dasktop shortcut which is from where FSX starts (I think?) not Validated for only 30 minute flights.

I will fallow your advice and use Revo.

Thank you.

Berlopez

Airernie: neither Revo or CCleaner uninstallers show the FSX Icon on the list ?

Berlopez

That Is neither The FSX.exe icon or The FSX Shortcut I created show in the list, so I haven't anything to uninstall or point Revo or CCleaner to.

What to do now? Should I just delete these? And then proceed with a new FSX\ Gold Accl. Install ?

Berlopez

18 hours ago, Berlopez said:

What to do now? Should I just delete these? And then proceed with a new FSX\ Gold Accl. Install ?

Berlopez

Sure..

Ernest Pergrem

I will proceed Sunday and report, sorry it's taken me this time to start. 

I look forwards to be flying again and will report.

Berlopez

At the risk of going overboard, this has always worked for me in reinstalling. Laborious, but trustworthy. You do need product keys from the box for both Gold and Acceleration.

Dan

FSX REINSTALLATION of Gold Edition out of the box with Product Keys.

1. CLEAN UNINSTALL FSX.

a. UNINSTALL Acceleration from the Apps/uninstall on computer

b. UNINSTALL FSX from computer apps or from the disc 1.

c. CLOSE/REOPEN Program Uninstall and make sure all FSX components are gone.

d. Go to C:\Program Files (86x)\Microsoft Games\ Microsoft Flight Simulator and delete this folder or whatever drive you had it on.

e. Go to C:\Users\YOUR NAME and delete any fsx material

BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO REINSTALL FSX:

2. Reset the license key   (Cause of Error 1603)

a. Make sure MSKB928080 is installed to 😄 drive root folder. You can download it from the web.

b. Run the following as administrator

b. Open cmd prompt from start menu and "run as administrator"

c. Type  cd C:\  then hit enter

d. Type cd MicrosoftKB928080 and  hit enter

e. Type resetsldl -All  and hit enter.NOTE: there is a space between ldl and -

Should get message that success in token store reset.

3. Reset Windows Installer  (Cause of Error 1722)

a.        Click Start, Click Run and type “Services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.

b.       Double-click Windows Installer.

c.        Set the Startup type of Windows Installer to Manual.

d.       Click Start to start the service. Note down the error message if any. Click OK.

((Method 2 [I never had to use this]: Reregister the Windows Installer. Follow these steps for the same.

a.           Quit all Windows programs.

b.           Click Start, All Programs, Accessories and click Run. Type “msiexec /unregister” (without quotes) in the Open box, and then click OK.

c.           Click Start, All Programs, Accessories and click Run. Type “msiexec /regserver” (without quotes) in the Open box, and then click OK. Restart your computer.  ))

3. Install FSX to D:\FSX (a NEW folder completely) where D=whatever drive you will use. Create the new folder. DON"T install to Program x86 folder.

Place CD in drive and open\run the setup as Administrator

After Disc 2 complete, start FSX. I initiated the default flight to make sure it worked.

4. Close FSX and REBOOTcomputer

5. Go to FSX folder you just installed, right click Properties/ security and allow all permissions. I included the "Users" category.

6. REBOOT computer

7. Open as Administrator

8. In START \RUN\Services.msc\Windows Installer  Start it again if not running (as above)

9. Install FSX Acceleration. It already contains SP1 and SP2 so don't have to download/ install those

10. ERROR CODE 1-80004005 comes up on starting FSX. Yes to online query, it starts up, but only gives you the trial version.

To Fix, you have to change the registry.

Registry Disclaimer:

Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

EASIEST METHOD to back up: Create a System Restore Point before going any further

NEXT, edit the registry:

a. Click Start and type regedit in the search bar and pressenter.

b. Browse to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-  E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

c. Find Upperfilters listed under it, and check its value, if its 0 change it to PartMgr and click OK. Mine said partmgr (lower case) so I switched it to PartMgr

d. Restart FSX. Should get Activation screen. Choose "Activate Now" and enter Product Key.

Close, reboot, and restart FSX to be safe.