Sign in to follow this  
FuriousBird

FlyInside Flight Simulator Early access / open Beta released

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

yes, I'm in since friday and it looks promising.

Do not expect yaw dropping scenery straight out of the box like X-plane 11 or a decently dressed-up FSX or P3D but what i see looks promising but still very much a work in progress.

Performance in VR seems great and clever interface and seemless switching between 2D and VR.
 For the moment I'd say the 'fairest' comparison with other sim would be with Aerofly, the latter which is only limited to a few areas and only playable from high distance in most areas due too poor resolution satelite photoscenery. FIFS shines at lower altitudes, not so much at higher cruise levels (in my case). Autogen is at places enormous (KLAX area is impressive) and still visible at high distance. Autogen itself needs art make over, too dull still. 
Clouds are way better than Aerofly and do not turn with head movement like it so annoyingly does with Aerofly.
Evening and night lighting is way better than Aerofly (wich is complete dark in most areas) and resembles X-plane (but not as good and no road traffic yet). Big question is whether performance can be retained when cloud and scenery shadows are featured in the future.

So, as Froogle mentioned in his weekly sunday evening shopping channel yesterday, the most vocal community members should support this.
I agree. If this sim gets better and better, we will all get better in the end. Even if X-plane now seems the most future proof sim (my guess) it would be better to have a competitor sim when that day arrives than a solo market leader.

Edited by avhpilot
  • Like 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I would add, the makers have been very communicative so far and have added quite a numer of urgent wishes to their short-term ToDo-list, while they clearly stated what will more time. At least they don't try to hide behind a wall of marketing speech as the DT crew did (recall Steve Hood's "phase 2" when FSW was already semi-dead?). I hope they will retain this.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have also used Fly Inside and was beyond impressed with their VR and Leap integration.  Yeah, the modeling needs work, which they come straight out and tell you up front, but it looks like they are just working on creating an engine for others to build upon, which is great!  A flight platform open to developers.  Awesome!

I agree, they closest product comparison is to Aerofly FS2, but Fly Inside, in my opinion, has blown away IPACS  clouds, VR,  speed, night, weather, helicopters, generating scenery automatically, etc, etc. The list goes on and on. Yeah, FS2 has some better ground modeling. But at 30,000, can you tell? I can't.

But the biggest and best first impression I had was with the management team and/or the developers at Fly Inside.  I emailed them and said I really applauded their work, they were off to a fantastic start and asked a question/suggestion about their Leap integration. 

Less than 24 hours later, and much to my surprise, I got a personal response where he thanked me for my question/suggestion and said they would add it to their long list of "to-do's."  

IPACS has never been like that in my opinion and my experience.  They seem to be constantly arguing with people on their forums that ask them questions, deleting posts with no explanation whatsoever, closing threads that end discussions, and just in general, give a very arrogant vibe with a "this is our software, and we will do with it what we want, when we want, how we want, and we will hear nothing other than good things about it. And if you don't like that, leave."  I know a few people that this has chased away from their forums. It's very dictatorial.  I wont be buying another product from them, it has left THAT bad of a taste in my mouth.

So, with all that said, I can't wait to see what Fly Inside come up with next.

Hi all,

I too have been impressed with FlyInside Fight Simulator.  Here are a few of the reasons I have been impressed.

FlyInside is an in-house system which makes it easy for add-on developers to port their existing aircraft to the Flight Simulator.  Additionally, they have an aircraft SDK (under development), which allows developers to easily create aircraft from models in: Blender, Maya, and 3DS Max.  Between the SDK and import tools, they should be able to rapidly grow an aircraft ecosystem.
Future Development
•Expanded Scenery - they have Europe scenery under development, and will target global scenery after.
•Like Aerofly FS 2, FlyInside can push huge amounts of auto-gen, its innovative scenery system is designed to run at 90fps at VR resolutions, while displaying dense clouds, huge amounts of auto-gen, and detailed landscapes.
•They want to build a living world which includes intelligent air traffic, and an ATC system you can interact with.
•They are at the moment working with multiple aircraft developers such as, MilViz and TFDI to port additional aircraft to FlyInside Flight Simulator.
•They will have realistic G1000, G530 style avionics.

Their goal is to make FlyInside Flight Simulator an open platform.  Your add-ons don't require our approval, and you're free to sell them via your own website, royalty free.  That concept, in itself, will quickly develop FlyInside.  While I like Aerofly FS 2, they do not allow players to sell what the player has produced.

It also sounds like their tools are easier to use than Aerofly FS 2 tools.  They say, "Using our scripting SDK you can create add-ons in minutes, add-ons capable of manipulating simulator variables, displaying user interfaces, drawing 3d graphics, and much much more.

I believe FlyInside Flight Simulator just might surpass Aerofly FS 2 in just a few years.  Isn't it great to have so many Flight Simulators to choose from.  I will keep my eyes on this one as it develops.  Who knows, maybe in a couple of years I might be adding this product to my collection of Flight Simulators.

Computer specifications

Win 10 64bit Pro; Case Cooler Master 690; PSU Antec 900Watts; Motherbrd ASUS Sabertooth 990FX; CPU AMD FX-8350 4.3Ghz; 16GB G Skill DDR3 1600; 2 HDs 2TB Hybrids; VideoCard EVGA Geforce GTX 1050Ti,4GB,PCIe X16; Latest Display Driver; SoundCard ASUS XonarDX; Logitech Speakers G51, 5.1; Logitech G35 7.1 Headset; Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X & CH Fighter Stick and Pro Pedals; TrackIR-5; 24" Acer GN246HL, Widescreen LED Monitor

On 11/3/2018 at 2:52 AM, Wired100 said:

I will keep my eyes on this one as it develops.  Who knows, maybe in a couple of years I might be adding this product to my collection of Flight Simulators.

Usually, whether or not a sim will develop in future depends on sales. So, just keeping your eyes open, i am not sure if that helps.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

18 hours ago, avhpilot said:

Usually, whether or not a sim will develop in future depends on sales. So, just keeping your eyes open, i am not sure if that helps.

As you are aware, many new software products fail to live up to the hype.  That causes people not to trust what developers say, and not to buy a product until they see that it can perform as stated.  Case in point, Guild Wars 2, many people invested good money into that game.  Only to find a year or two later that the developers began to move away from their stated goals for the game, and to add things that early users did not want.

I was one of the early users that got burned, and from that experience I learned to be more careful.  And so, I now watch how developers of a game proceed with their stated goals, before I invest.

Computer specifications

Win 10 64bit Pro; Case Cooler Master 690; PSU Antec 900Watts; Motherbrd ASUS Sabertooth 990FX; CPU AMD FX-8350 4.3Ghz; 16GB G Skill DDR3 1600; 2 HDs 2TB Hybrids; VideoCard EVGA Geforce GTX 1050Ti,4GB,PCIe X16; Latest Display Driver; SoundCard ASUS XonarDX; Logitech Speakers G51, 5.1; Logitech G35 7.1 Headset; Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X & CH Fighter Stick and Pro Pedals; TrackIR-5; 24" Acer GN246HL, Widescreen LED Monitor

Edited by Wired100
Forgot to add my computer specs.

9 hours ago, Wired100 said:

I was one of the early users that got burned, and from that experience I learned to be more careful.  And so, I now watch how developers of a game proceed with their stated goals, before I invest.

I can understand that.

Had I known FSW would have died an early death, I would not have purchased that either.
But in this case I have a little more faith in the sincerity of this developer's ambitions which is why i stepped in early.

Antoine v Heck
---