Sign in to follow this  
CajunRon

Latest update won't install

I've tried installing version 3.00.90196 with the Operations Center.   I've insured I'm running as Administrator.   When I try to install, a command window opens very briefly and a few lines of code scrolls by (too quick to read) and then the command window closes (all within a second or two).   Operations Center still shows that I have the older version installed (3.00.8605) and that a newer version is available.  I've tried multiple times including doing a fresh reboot of my PC before trying.   Nothing works.   I've installed countless updates over the years with the Operations Center and never had any problem before.   Please help.

Ronnie Pertuit

8 minutes ago, CajunRon said:

I've tried installing version 3.00.90196 with the Operations Center.   I've insured I'm running as Administrator.   When I try to install, a command window opens very briefly and a few lines of code scrolls by (too quick to read) and then the command window closes (all within a second or two).   Operations Center still shows that I have the older version installed (3.00.8605) and that a newer version is available.  I've tried multiple times including doing a fresh reboot of my PC before trying.   Nothing works.   I've installed countless updates over the years with the Operations Center and never had any problem before.   Please help.

As PMDG have explained many times in these forums, have you downloaded the latest installer from your account and installed that first? The OC will only update the latest full install version from your account.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

59 minutes ago, CajunRon said:

Operations Center still shows that I have the older version installed (3.00.8605)

Min version is 3.00.9008.

As was posted prior to the -8 release, the full installer for the 400 needs to be downloaded, the old 400 needs to be uninstalled, and then reinstalled with the new installer.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks.  Please consider that some of us "long in the tooth" simmers can't even remember what we had for dinner last night much less what we may have read weeks or months ago.  I guess until the government initiates a "Thinning" program, you younger whipper snappers will just have to put up with us. 😉

Ronnie Pertuit

42 minutes ago, CajunRon said:

Thanks.  Please consider that some of us "long in the tooth" simmers can't even remember what we had for dinner last night much less what we may have read weeks or months ago.  I guess until the government initiates a "Thinning" program, you younger whipper snappers will just have to put up with us. 😉

OCv2 (coming soonish) will have a more robust notification method to make this clearer (and less frustrating - to be honest, I only know the min versions for our products because I have a cheat sheet of them).

Kyle Rodgers