Sign in to follow this  
Jerrymc3

Wide Traffic and OpusFSI

I'm using OpusFSI in P3Dv4 to display my two side view windows.  However, OpusFSI does not synchronize the traffic (Ultimate Traffic Live).  I was using Wide View and WideTraffic before I switched from FSX to P3D but I was having issues in P3D and someone recommended Opus.  I was wondering if anyone has tried using OpusFSI and Wide Traffic and was able to get the AI traffic to synchronize on computers.

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Have finally got my P3D4 Flightsim setup working to my satisfaction. An I7 Server (with aircraft 3D panel only on the monitor) drives an I7 client with three monitors (external visuals) through OpusFSI. The Server also generates P3D AI traffic which is displayed on the visuals using WideTraffic64. As well as this the Server connects to 2 other PCs using FSUIPC/WideFS. These PCs run (1) Pilot2ATC for AI-aware (sort of) ATC and (2) Plan-G for Moving Map with AI overlay. Everything plays together nicely with 40+ FPS achieved on visuals at a fairly complex airfield (YMMB). In short I see AI on my external visual display and can see the AI aircraft icons on the Plan-G moving map complete with their registration numbers.  Everything is synched and I even hear the P3D ATC controllers talking to the AI using their tail numbers.  Separately I talk to the Pilot2ATC controllers who control my flight, The only wrinkle is that while Pilot2ATC is said to be AI-aware, I often find myself in conflict with AI aircraft - e.g.I am cleared to land and find an AI turning onto the runway forcing a quick clean-up and go-around. Apart from removing all traces of Simconnect, (which caused some Widetraffic64 initial install problems) there was no magic in achieving this setup - just carefully followed installation and configuration instructions.

Guess this does not help with your installation BUT at least it shows that what you want to do is achievable. I suggest that you get OpusFSI working properly and only then worry about installing Widetraffic64.

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia      Bob

Thanks Bob

I have OpusFSI working on 2 computers and I'm using Prosim737v2 with 7 screens on 2 additional computers.  I'm pretty sure I have to have simconnect for that but its good to hear that Wide Traffic can work with Opus.  I'll see what happens when I try it with my setup.

Jerry