Sign in to follow this  
RioPilot

Black screen in P3D v4 after getting ENVSHADE

So, I'm really regretting having purchased ENVSHADE. I got it today and installed it. After applying the shaders from the ENVDIR program and loading P3D, I see that loading any scenario results in a black screen. I can hear sound, manipulate the settings, change views, and hear throttle adjustments. So P3D is actually still running, it's just that I cannot see anything. It's a black screen.

I've since unsintalled ENVSHADE. I've also deleted the ShadersHLSL folder, unsintalled the P3D client, and reinstalled it... hoping it would undo any corrupted shader files. Unfortunately, I still have the same issue.

Anyone have any advice on what to do? At this point I don't even want to try getting ENVSHADE to work. I just want things to be back to the way they were, without having to reinstall all my add ons from scratch.

That's a strange one! Did you install any other scenery as well? If so, make a backup of your scenery.cfg (found in LM P3DV4 folder in program data), delete the existing one and try loading a scenario. If it loads ok, it would be a matter of trying to single out the offending scenery conflict. If that doesn't do the trick, get in contact with Maxime over on the Envtex forum, He is usually very quick to respond.

• Upvote 1

Murray Dreyer

Clean your local shaders located inside your user profile, I am on my mobile so can't remember the location right now. Just Google how to clean P3D shaders, there is also a tips and tricks for P3D section on the AVSIM forums that has instructions for this.

Lastly contact the software developer support, it is unfair to express disappointment on public forums because you had a problem,  give them the chance to help you, you might have found a bug, reporting it not only help the developer to fix it for you but also for many others that might have similar difficulties in the future.

Regards,

Simbol 

A Guide to Locate your Shaders folder in Prepar3D v2 & v3 & v4

Edited by Poppet
edited post to Include link

Yep, ENVSHADE is not the issue, something in your settings or set-up is and it's probably easily fixed. You'll find it is a great product.

Ian S

38.jpg

10 hours ago, mdreyer said:

That's a strange one! Did you install any other scenery as well? If so, make a backup of your scenery.cfg (found in LM P3DV4 folder in program data), delete the existing one and try loading a scenario. If it loads ok, it would be a matter of trying to single out the offending scenery conflict. If that doesn't do the trick, get in contact with Maxime over on the Envtex forum, He is usually very quick to respond.

Thank you! This seems to have done the trick. I was worried I'd have to do a complete reinstall.

Maybe I'll give ENVSHADE another go. I did purchase it, after all. But it seems related to me when installing it and using it immediately caused this negative effect on P3D.

Glad you got it sorted. 👍

Murray Dreyer