Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov55

Twin Turboprop (Not Carenado)

Hello Avsimmers,

I am looking for a twin turbo-prop aircraft kinda like the seneca v and the sort, but NOT made by carenado.  I cannot be bothered to deal with them, so it would have to be someone else.  Let me know what you guys know.  Whenever I search for aircraft like what I mentioned, all I get is carenado.  Not good.

Thanks,

Andrew

sig_ProudSupporter.jpgCPilot.jpg

Check the products of Flysimware. Not as good modelling and texturing as carenado, but far better systems simulation 🙂

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

24 minutes ago, Andrew Urbanczyk said:

I am looking for a twin turbo-prop aircraft kinda like the seneca v and the sort

I don't think that you know what you really want, since the Seneca V isn't a turboprop. The Seneca V has turbocharged piston engines.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J35OE said:

I don't think that you know what you really want, since the Seneca V isn't a turboprop. The Seneca V has turbocharged piston engines.

I wanted to get the shape of the plane in mind.  Something small like that.  I am aware it isn't a turboprop

sig_ProudSupporter.jpgCPilot.jpg

The Alabeo PA44 is a very nice GA twin and the same goes for their C421.

• Like 1

Both the PA44 and the C421 are have piston engines. And Alabeo is quiet the same as Carenado. I suggest: Flight1 Beechcraft King Air B200 Complete, Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter or RealAir Beechcraft Turbine Duke. For the last one you'll find on the RealAir website a patch that will let the T-Duke work fine in P3Dv4.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Hi Folks,

For a Light Twin - meeting your initial criteria - the MilViz C310 Redux probably fits the bill - I recently had a chat with a gentleman with 15;000 hours flying them while fighting forest fires - he said it’s very good model and it’s his favorite light twin...

If it’s really a turboprop you’re after - I’d consider the Flysimware MU-2 - it’s a bit of an odd duck in the RW but she can be a fast sexy beast... They did a very nice job with her - while good enough for me - she’s a level behind current modeling standards... Flysimware is noted for their attentions to detail, systems, and unequaled customer support..

That said - if you’re somewhat choosy with Alabeo/Carenado - you can find little gems - the two mentioned by J350E have been very well received by the the community and people I trust... Just stay away from BIG glass and FMC based models...

Best of luck...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

12 minutes ago, Pidder said:

I suggest: Flight1 Beechcraft King Air B200 Complete, Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter or RealAir Beechcraft Turbine Duke.

Neither the B200 or the DHC-6 are even close to the shape/size of a Seneca and are you sure that RealAir add-ons can still be purchased?  

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Turboprop that resembles a Seneca - my personal favorite is the Carenado Cheyenne II - although mine is heavily modded - it’s my absolute favorite - even with the default P3D turboprop modeling - and to me - is the quintessentilal twin turboprop... It’s proportions, lines, and aesthetics are nearly perfect in my book... Fell in love with the Cheyenne I and II when Digital Aviation released theirs for FS9 - probably the most hours I've ever flown in in a simulated aircraft...

Some moments in that gorgeous Carenado VC are downright magical - (dusk arrival at Lake Tahoe):

29p822x.jpg

161i4xs.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Andrew Urbanczyk said:

I wanted to get the shape of the plane in mind.  Something small like that.  I am aware it isn't a turboprop

I enjoy flying the Milviz C310r and feel it is probably the best modeled twin GA available at the moment.  The new DA62 from Vertx may be worth it as well and should be out in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Turboprop that resembles a Seneca - my personal favorite is the Carenado Cheyenne II - although mine is heavily modded - it’s my absolute favorite - even with the default P3D turboprop modeling

Hi Scott, didn't know that you like the PA31T. It's the only non-default airplane I have presently installed in P3D. I'll send you an updated FDE for P3D ASAP 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J35OE said:

Hi Scott, didn't know that you like the PA31T. It's the only non-default airplane I have presently installed in P3D. I'll send you an updated FDE for P3D ASAP 🙂

Hi...

Much obliged there Lone Ranger... Hi - my name is Scott and I am a Cheyenne-aholic...

😆

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

I agree with the Cheyenne suggestion. One of Carenado's best efforts. And I very much enjoy Alabeo's Cessna 421c as well. They would both make great choices if you care to give Carenado a try.

Jesse

• Like 2

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

For a turboprop twin, try the Flysimware Cessna C441 Conquest II, which simulates the Garrett TPE331.

If you do want a turbocharged twin, try Flysimware's Cessna 402C Businessliner, which simulates the tubocharged version of the Continental 520.

For a normally-aspirated twin, try the Milviz 310R, which simulates the Continental 520, or wait a couple of weeks and then check out the very soon to be released JF Beech Model 76 Duchess, which simulates the Lycoming 360.

Which one suits you best will depend on what you want to do with it.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here