Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov55

Twin Turboprop (Not Carenado)

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

although mine is heavily modded

Hi Scott-

I just bought this aircraft. I almost always steer clear of Carenado products but it looks like I got lucky 😀

ANYway, how did you modify your Cheyenne?

Thanks,

Mark

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Scott-

I just bought this aircraft. I almost always steer clear of Carenado products but it looks like I got lucky 😀

ANYway, how did you modify your Cheyenne?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I’ll PM you the details when I’m back in front of my PC...

• Addeed a different sound pack - a modded version of the TSS Twin Otter payware - custom igniter sounds...
  • Added the RXPv2 GNS...
  • Replaced the Avadyne with the MilViz/REX Wx Radar...
  • Modded FDE...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Also favor the Cheyenne II, I fly her with Bill's mods, one of the best twin turboprops available along with Flight 1 King Air 200 for a larger twin.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

Bill's mods

What are these? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Mark,

I’ll PM you the details when I’m back in front of my PC...

• Addeed a different sound pack - a modded version of the TSS Twin Otter payware - custom igniter sounds...
  • Added the RXPv2 GNS...
  • Replaced the Avadyne with the MilViz/REX Wx Radar...
  • Modded FDE...

Regards,

Scott

Sounds excellent and thanks.

• Like 1

Mark, if you go over to the Carenado's support forum here on Avsim and check the Cheyenne II thread you'll see Bill who goes by Whami has done some nice mods to a number of Carenado's Turboprop twins. If you email him I'm sure he will send them to you? I think Scott also uses them on his Cheyenne II.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chock said:

For a turboprop twin, try the Flysimware Cessna C441 Conquest II, which simulates the Garrett TPE331.

If you do want a turbocharged twin, try Flysimware's Cessna 402C Businessliner, which simulates the tubocharged version of the Continental 520.

For a normally-aspirated twin, try the Milviz 310R, which simulates the Continental 520, or wait a couple of weeks and then check out the very soon to be released JF Beech Model 76 Duchess, which simulates the Lycoming 360.

Which one suits you best will depend on what you want to do with it.

Man I always end up quoting you, Chock... and saying I agree!

I was on the fence for a while on the Flysimware 402C Businessliner. I eventually bought it specifically to simulate Cape Air flights around New England. While it's definitely not the prettiest plane around, it's definitely one of the most fun planes I have! It's hard for me to express my surprise with this plane. I didn't expect much of it - perhaps that's why I was so pleasantly surprised. Flying it is pure joy for me. Can't recommend it enough. And, currently there is a sale ongoing for Flysimware aircraft over at simmarket. 40% off, I believe.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

RealAir's Beech Duke Turbo is probably the best. I definitely think you should check it  out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

5 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

RealAir's Beech Duke Turbo is probably the best. I definitely think you should check it  out.

RealAir is out of business.  Unfortunately.

• Like 1

Bert

I take it the MJC Q400 is too big for your goals?  This is IMHO by far the best TurboProp ever made for any platform and comes with it's own flight model.  It can actually land and takeoff from pretty short runways ... I think 3000 ft is it's min.

Cheers, Rob.

You can still find the boxed version of the Real Air Duke if you look about, even though they are out of business. There were boxed copies of it on sale for a tenner at the Flight sim 2018 show last week for example, and a quick search online will turn one up easily enough:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beech-Duke-Add-FSX-PC/dp/B002C1B3LA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1539590947&sr=8-2&keywords=Real+Air+Duke

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Since they are used copies, how do you install/activate them ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J35OE said:

Since they are used copies, how do you install/activate them ?

Try this:

http://realairsimulations.net/

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049