Hi

I've just discovered this awesome tool. It really really impresive.

I want to ask you if the approaches are taken from the database of FSX or from other sources more updated. The reason is as I only use default ATC and it is complicated to find the charts from the same year of its AIRAC, it would be very helpful If I can check the approaches in this tool before select them in the default GPS.

Thank you

4 hours ago, HabuPilot said:

I want to ask you if the approaches are taken from the database of FSX or from other sources more updated

Both. Per default LNM reads all the FSX/P3D approaches into its database. So, you can use these to comply with the default ATC. You can also update your simulator database with fsAerodata to get the latest approaches also for the default ATC and GPS.

You can use the included Navigraph database or install one from a Navigraph subscription but this will not do well with the ATC.

See here in the manual about navigation data.

Alex

Sorry, as I've started to read the manual this morning, I had not seen that section when wrote the post :wink:

The problem of using FSaerodata and Navigraph is my budget, right now is very limited. Anyway, because this situation I've realized the default ATC is not so bad (for offline flying) as a lot people criticize.

Another question related with non updated data: is thre any way to use an old AIRAC more compatible with FSX vanilla? To show the SID and STARS of the same cycle. BTW do you know which airac cycle is using FSX? It will help me to search the correct charts.

Thank you

The FSX AIRAC is probably around end of 2006 judging by the file date.

As mentioned above: LNM will read the stock procedures and navdata from FSX and allows you to use them. No AIRAC update or data needed. You need the very latest only if flying online. The only disadvantage is that there are fewer approach procedures.

Simply go to "Scenery Library" -> "Navigraph ..."  and select "Do not use Navigraph Database". Then you will see all from FSX 2006 - no more AIRAC involved.

Alex

Yesterday, I was able to enjoy a complete flight using LNM. It was very useful to check the assigned approach (by ATC) and the altitudes. So, again, thank you for your work.

The question about using an old AIRAC was to load into the program the sid and stars of that cycle. In this way the final point of the star will be the initial point of the default approach and so I avoid to have make adjustment between the two cycles data.

I know this option (keep using the default procedures) seems weird, but right now I want to continue using the default ATC. But after spent several hours searching for a free AIRAC of that year, it seems imposible. Even with vasFMC its mandatory to use a Navigraph suscription.

Regards.

I'm sorry to bother you again, but I find this in the library:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=AIRAC+0608&CatID=root&Go=Search

They are the last freeware AIRAC from navdata for several famous addons of that year PMDG, ATR72, LD 767 and FS Navigator or FS Build. They are from year 2006 so I suppose they match quite well with FSX data. Please, It could be posible make one of them compatibles with LNM? I haven't tested any of them on LNM, I'm afraid of breaking something.

I've discoverd too vasFMC offered in the past a free AIRAC 0609 from Navigraph, but I haven't found a link yet. The original disappeared when they closed their support forum . The page is viewable in archive.org but the link doesn't work. I'll ask help in the forum, maybe someone still has it.

Regards

Edited by HabuPilot