Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Getting rid of AI on taxiway

I just ignore the go around message, and land whether ATC likes it or not. This is one of the reasons why you wouldn't want me in online airspace :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

from the SDK

Using an SDK is beyond me now, despite the fact that I used to be a programmer! If there is a quick setting in FSUIPC, I'd rather use that. 

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I can't find a command in the list of key presses. When you get a chance at your PC, can you let me know what it should be? I'd appreciate it.

Press Set then your desired key. Look for Traffic Zapper in the pull down menu. Then press OK.
IMbXyVG.png?1

Using an SDK is beyond me now, despite the fact that I used to be a programmer! If there is a quick setting in FSUIPC, I'd rather use that. 

It's pretty simple compared to many parts of FSUIPC. Being able to remove specific ai is exactly what you were looking for.

Just edit to the dll.xml file located C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Path>E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.3.29.25520\World\Traffic\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

Ensuring that the path leads to your TrafficToolbox.dll.

After that load up the sim and you will have Traffic Toolbox in the tools tab of your sim, select explorer and it will show you all of the AI loaded within your traffic bubble. Right-click on any and select delete.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

45 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

Press Set then your desired key. Look for Traffic Zapper in the pull down menu. Then press OK.

That's fantastic, I really appreciate it. 

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

in FSUIPC, I'd rather use that

payware fsuipc !

for now, cheers

john martin

5 hours ago, UAL4life said:

Any way to remove that sound?

The default .wav for the boom is firework.wav in the P3D sound folder. You can assign any wav file or turn it off in the FSUIPC5.ini file: ZapSound=None
More info page 6-7 in (FSUIPC5 for Advanced Users.pdf)

Edited by Bills511
  • Like 1

This is brilliant stuff. When I get a chance I'll try both the SDK and fsuipc solutions. Thanks for showing me solutions! 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Didn't know about the FSIUPC solution but I tried it this afternoon and it works great.

Thanks for the tip.

Richard

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I just ignore the go around message, and land whether ATC likes it or not. This is one of the reasons why you wouldn't want me in online airspace :wink:

I do the same thing.  I don't care that the Radar Contact guys cusses me out and takes my pilot's license away during the debriefing after I park.  😎

I still use the traffic zapper thing though in some instances.  Primarily on the ground when I get behind an aircraft on a taxiway and it stops short of the runway but then will never get the tower to clear it for takeoff.  This happens when the AFCAD file has the Hold Line for the runway short of where the ATC will ever issue takeoff clearance.  In those cases, I zap the aircraft in front of me and taxi OVER the hold line until ATC will give me takeoff clearance (or "taxi into position and wait" onto the runway).  And if you are like 4th in line, you will have to do it for EVERY aircraft in front of you...or else just taxi through all of them with your crash detection turned off.  But you do get to see the interior of some nicely designed AI aircraft that way sometimes.  😁

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Of course, if youuse an ATC program like VoxATC that actually controls the AI. It's an amazing program. It's great to hear ATC giving instructions to the aircraft behind or in front of you. I like the 'zapper' option that Bill posted though, I haven't heard of that before.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Two solutions:

1. Hit Pause. Jack time compression up past 4X and all AI disappears. Set time back to normal. Unpause, problem solved!

2. VRS Tacpack. Make sure your aircraft has cannon.  The instant the jerk in front bursts into flames ATC calmly clears you for landing. Efficient, they are.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Just edit to the dll.xml file located C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

That's brilliant! It works for me and I really appreciate it...  Gaz

• Like 1

Gaz on Facebook

Now I'm frustrated! My settings in P3D are here.

Every so often, the FSUIPC option doesn't work - I have it set out as here...  The problem is that I have to reset the key in FSUIPC every time I go into P3D, and even then it doesn't always work... I press the DEL key, and after the first aircraft has gone, the others don't work from then on.

If I use the XML option to change the Traffic Toolbox, then I get a list of aircraft, and I can't identify the one that is closest to me - the list looks like this...

It would seem to that the FSUIPC option would be best, and it works for the first time, but then forgets that setting!  

Any help would be appreciated. Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Have you looked around at what is available in the Traffic Toolbox? Try selecting MAP and zoom in. Click on that aircraft in front of you on the map and press DEL. Poof, it's gone!

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS