Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Getting rid of AI on taxiway

Hi

I'm using Ultimate Traffic Live at the moment, and I've told p3d that aircraft can crash into each other on the taxiway.. I find this helps because I've seen p3d hold taxiways clear for me. 

Having said that, on my last flight, some how I ended up on a taxiway with an AI trying to get past me! It's it possible to select an AI aircraft and delete it? 

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

You can delete specific aircraft using the Traffic Explorer included in the P3d SDK. It's easier though imo to just turn off the crash detection, the AI engine is incredibly stupid was never meant to simulate real world operations let alone the amount of traffic we try and make it work with.

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Turn crash detection off. The default ATC is intelligent enough to avoid most "encounters" if the AFD file has been built properly, and the player uses a bit of observation and common sense on the taxiway. In other words, listen to the ATC instructions that are being given to the AI pilots, and try to identify where those planes are located. I have discovered that problems tend to arise when the developer fails to think about how the default ATC works when building AFD files. For example, a taxiway that branches off a main taxiway will sometimes have two curved yellow lines turning into it (one from each side). Now, building the AI taxiway to match this sounds cool, but the ATC engine will see this as an alternative path to the main taxiway (ie, it will think that the main taxiway has two separate paths). The end result is that it will fail to stop a confrontation at locations like this. Much better to have a "straight in" connection to the secondary taxiway, so that the ATC engine can "see" that there will be a problem, and stop one of the AI planes further back, in a location where you (or another AI plane) will be able to avoid it. A less visually attractive solution, but a much better one for realistic behaviour.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll have a think about it. Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

In UT Live I just reset the traffic when my path is blocked by an AI, and no, it's not possible to remove a single AI aircraft in UT Live I'm afraid.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 minute ago, SierraHotel said:

In UT Live I just reset the traffic when my path is blocked by an AI, and no, it's not possible to remove a single AI aircraft in UT Live I'm afraid.

Actually, that's something I do when I'm usually landing because I'm too close to other aircraft on approach. I didn't think about doing this on the ground - thanks - that's great.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

It's it possible to select an AI aircraft and delete it? 

In FSUIPC you can assign a key to Zap (delete) an AI aircraft.  Called a Traffic zapper control which deletes an AI aircraft close to and directly in front of the user’s aircraft. I assigned the Delete key for this. Every time you Zap an aircraft you hear a boom.

Edited by Bills511
  • Upvote 2

That sounds perfect, I'll give it a go. Does it work for the AI in UTLive? 

Gaz on Facebook

Just now, Gary McCluskey said:

That sounds perfect, I'll give it a go. Does it work for the AI in UTLive? 

Yes. On the ground and in the air on approach.

9 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

In FSUIPC you can assign a key to Zap (delete) an AI aircraft.  Called a Traffic zapper control which deletes an AI aircraft close to and directly in front of the user’s aircraft. I assigned the Delete key for this. Every time you Zap an aircraft you hear a boom.

Any way to remove that sound?

20 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

Any way to remove that sound?

Not that I know of. There might be a sound file associated with it somewhere.

32 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

In FSUIPC you can assign a key to Zap (delete) an AI aircraft

Sorry to have to ask this, but how do you do that?

Gaz on Facebook

2 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Sorry to have to ask this, but how do you do that?

Not at computer now. As I recall; Under the Key Presses tab. On left side. Pull down menu to select function. Then just above that press Set then your desired key in the box.

29 minutes ago, Bills511 said:

Not at computer now

I can't find a command in the list of key presses. When you get a chance at your PC, can you let me know what it should be? I'd appreciate it.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

Actually, it is possible. Using the Traffic Explorer from the SDK as mentioned above. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS