Sign in to follow this  
goggi

Suggestions on missing items and initialisation issues

TO PMDG
I am a most happy user of your PMDG B737NGX. A few minor issues, however, seem to remain open (#2 and #3 about initialisation):

1- Airstair :
at startup in Cold&Dark (C&D) conditions, extending the airstair requires turning the battery on. The airstair operation should be made independent of the battery (otherwise a ladder might be required to board the crew ! They have an external switch).

2- Sound management:
at startup in C&D conditions, the cockpit is perfectly silent (long ago I pointed out a strong residual rumble and its cause, then corrected. I appreciated your acknowledgment !).
If one switches to an external view, then back to cockpit view, at times the same rumble reappears, manifestly out of place.

3- Similarly, if one selects NGX CLDDRK (from Panel State Load) a second time, e.g. for repeated tests, the rumbling sound reappears at times. Also, the EXEC light on the FMC remains off and, most important, if the airstair was extended at the end of the previous session, the NGX resets with the airstair still extended. Initialisation problems.

4- Radar Test:
The Collins 2100 Radar added to the NGX is a real beauty!
During the TEST phase on the ground, the “rainbow” self-test pattern is not displayed, as it should be (see the Collins WXR-2100 Operators Guide, pages 4-54 and 4-55).

Hope these suggestions help towards making our beloved NGX absolutely PERFECT !
Regards,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi
Win10 Professional, P3Dv4.2, PMDG NGX, MCE, GSX, ChasePlane, Navigraph, Orbx

Edited by goggi

Giorgio Goggi

2 hours ago, goggi said:

They have an external switch

Right...but I'm willing to bet that the user of that external switch needs to ensure the plane is either powered by battery, or has GPU avail (even if not selected).

2 hours ago, goggi said:

at startup in C&D conditions, the cockpit is perfectly silent (long ago I pointed out a strong residual rumble and its cause, then corrected. I appreciated your acknowledgment !).
If one switches to an external view, then back to cockpit view, at times the same rumble reappears, manifestly out of place.

Hit Q twice - this is a sound bug that has been present in FSX for years.

2 hours ago, goggi said:

3- Similarly, if one selects NGX CLDDRK (from Panel State Load) a second time, e.g. for repeated tests, the rumbling sound reappears at times. Also, the EXEC light on the FMC remains off and, most important, if the airstair was extended at the end of the previous session, the NGX resets with the airstair still extended. Initialisation problems.

See above.

2 hours ago, goggi said:

The Collins 2100 Radar added to the NGX is a real beauty!
During the TEST phase on the ground, the “rainbow” self-test pattern is not displayed, as it should be (see the Collins WXR-2100 Operators Guide, pages 4-54 and 4-55).

I don't have that manual, but if you're sure that this is the case for the specific install in an NG, please submit this directly to support.

This forum is for user-to-user support. If you want dev team attention to anything, it needs to go directly to support, where it is guaranteed to be seen.

Kyle Rodgers

Fine, thank you for the immediate reply, I shall follow your advice.
Regards,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi