Sign in to follow this  
seanlister

Reversers

Hey everyone,

This is a nagging problem that's slowly driving me mad, I have a button on my joystick mapped for reverse thrust, it works flawlessly in every aircraft except the 748. In the 748 it moves the reverse thrust levers a only a small amount. Even using F1 and F2 has the same effect.

Any support is appreciated,

Sean

40 minutes ago, seanlister said:

This is a nagging problem that's slowly driving me mad, I have a button on my joystick mapped for reverse thrust, it works flawlessly in every aircraft except the 748. In the 748 it moves the reverse thrust levers a only a small amount. Even using F1 and F2 has the same effect.

Using FSUIPC? If so, you need to set up a new profile for the new aircraft, I believe.

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Using FSUIPC? If so, you need to set up a new profile for the new aircraft, I believe.

I have absolutely no idea how to do that but when I open FSUIPC the button I have mapped is button 7 but in the P3D controls it says button 8, I tried assigning a new button and pressed the same one so it appears the same button is button 7 in FSUIPC and button 8 elsewhere.

Either P3D or FSUIPC. Not both.

To create a profile you simply neet to check „airplane specific“ (or whatever it‘s called) in the top middle section at your button assignment section. But you can use „buttons and switches“ (I believe it‘s called like this, tick AIrplane specific, tick FS control and choose „throttle dec“ or similar. I don‘t know the correct names right now but it actually is self explaining. Tick „repeat as long as button is pressed“ and you‘re good...

again, either P3D OR FSUIPC

You can also just hold the button for the time you use the reversers. Map the key to be held when pressed in FSUIPC/

Paul Mcghee

Paul McGhee

Line pilot

As much as I understood it that‘s what doesn‘t work with the 748... but yes, that‘s the easiest solution.

Ive set it up so when I press and hold the button the reversers are activated and when it is released the throttles go to idle but I've tried both aircraft specific and for all aircraft, on all aircraft it works but it's still the same story on the 748.

I have just set it up exactly as you have and it works for me without any issues, multiple times. There must be something intervening your FUSIPC setting. Either in P3D or in FSUIPC's global settings (when aircraft specific is unticked). Check those settings, it's definitely not the 748.

Sometimes, during calibration, you need to create a wider null zone for the reverser to work. So recalibrate your axis, leaving a bit more null zone near the idle position and see what happens. You can do this with FSUIPC if you have it.

tony

Edited by flyforever