Sign in to follow this  
jimble

trying to install 2770

Hi fellas,

Due to illness i haven't been using flight sim for quite some time. Trying to get back into it but i can't, for the life of me, get version 2770 to work. The check lists will work, but i have no flows. I bought the Virtualcol CRJ ( not the Aerosoft) and to my surprise, it worked really well including flows. I would simply switch the checklist file to the Aerosoft CRJ. Now, i can't find that file and feel rather confused. If i attempt to change that file now, MCE just crashes. Tried running the 'x pack MSI as advised on the forum but no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

FSX , Windows 10 64 bit (including latest large update whatever that was called),  intel core i5 - 446 cpu  3.2 Ghz, 8.0 MB RAM, NVIDIA G Force GT 720.

18 hours ago, jimble said:

Hi fellas,

Due to illness i haven't been using flight sim for quite some time. Trying to get back into it but i can't, for the life of me, get version 2770 to work. The check lists will work, but i have no flows. I bought the Virtualcol CRJ ( not the Aerosoft) and to my surprise, it worked really well including flows. I would simply switch the checklist file to the Aerosoft CRJ. Now, i can't find that file and feel rather confused. If i attempt to change that file now, MCE just crashes. Tried running the 'x pack MSI as advised on the forum but no joy.

Any help would be much appreciated.

FSX , Windows 10 64 bit (including latest large update whatever that was called),  intel core i5 - 446 cpu  3.2 Ghz, 8.0 MB RAM, NVIDIA G Force GT 720.

Maybe crash caused by attempt to write to C:\Program Files (x86)\ which isn't recommended.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\Checklists\ folder, copy file "CRJ_Check.txt" and paste it to your \My Documents\ folder.

Rename it to something like "My_CRJ_Check.txt"

Then, assuming Virtual Col CRJ is loaded in the sim,  go to MCE <Checklist> tab in UI, and assign that checklist to your CRJ.

Up to you whether to import the flows for Aerosoft CRJ found under

\My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\Aerosoft CRJ-700\

Thanks for the reply, but a couple of problems remain. I have no flows for any of my Aircraft. I particularly enjoy flying the Aerososft Airbus, but nothing there, and i follow the tree you suggested "My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\Aerosoft CRJ-700\" i have no 'Multi Crew Experience' in 'My Documents'.

I think maybe, another uninstal, and reinstall might be helpful as if the computer had never encountered MCE before. I have a copy of my license safely tucked away and probably won't need to repeat all the voice training...could you advise me how to do this please.

57 minutes ago, jimble said:

Thanks for the reply, but a couple of problems remain. I have no flows for any of my Aircraft. I particularly enjoy flying the Aerososft Airbus, but nothing there, and i follow the tree you suggested "My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\Aerosoft CRJ-700\" i have no 'Multi Crew Experience' in 'My Documents'.

I think maybe, another uninstal, and reinstall might be helpful as if the computer had never encountered MCE before. I have a copy of my license safely tucked away and probably won't need to repeat all the voice training...could you advise me how to do this please.

Run the app wizard.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard. No need for speech training every time you run the wizard.

After that, should see the flows.

If they aren't there, the most likely scenario is that you may have messed-up folders permissions in \My Documents\ folder causing Windows to deny creation of folders there or copying files to those locations.

With default standard rights it should happen all the time.