Sign in to follow this  
triple777

card declined

hey guys im trying to switch over to prepar 3d and i got a $ 50 visa card and when i go to us it in p3d to purchise it comes up saying card declined can anyone please help me msg me back as soon as anyone can thanks triple777

Hello tripple777

This is a prepaid Credit card yes ?    Have you confirmed it will allow International transactions ?  

Also, You may need to contact your credit card provider and ensure it is not restricted for security reasons in any way 

Hello tripple777

No,  Lockheed Martin does not except Paypal as a method of payment 

i have a $ 50 and $75 card with $20 left on it i dont know how to combine the 2 together because i only have $ 50 on one card and $ 20 ON my $ 75 card please help 

21 minutes ago, triple777 said:

i have a $ 50 and $75 card with $20 left on it i dont know how to combine the 2 together because i only have $ 50 on one card and $ 20 ON my $ 75 card please help 

How is anyone here supposed to help? Why don't you contact support over at LM P3D website?

Edited by YukonPete

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

10 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

How is anyone here supposed to help? Wht don't you contact support over at LM P3D website?

I agree.  Prepaid credit cards are not always accepted by vendors due to security issues and other issues.  I used my debit card to purchase the license for P3DV4 and had no issues, but debit cards are different from prepaid credit cards.  Also if you did not leave enough balance for the purchase, that could be an issue if taxes are applicable to where you live or other fees for use of the card.  I avoid Prepaid credit cards, they are nearly worthless, also can be easily hacked depending on where you find them or if you have malware installed on your system.  The OP should contact the prepaid credit card company to see if the decline shows up and why it happened.  Also he should check the CVV number on the back and make sure that was entered correctly, along with the expiration date.  As for using two cards, most vendors do not allow that.

John

Hi, 

Ive had this problem when I purchased P3D with a prepaid credit card, I’m also from Canada and what I had to do to get it to accept it was go to the prepaid cards website and add an address to the card..sounds weird  but it worked once I tied my address to the prepaid card.

maybe worth a try

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I have never purchased anything on the Internet using a prepaid card but I do know that local retailers must know exactly how much you want to charge on the card.  So, if you have $20 left, you must tell the retailer to use this card for $20 and then choose another card or pay cash if the product costs more.  Prepaid cards do not tell the retailer what is left on your card when it is scanned and you usually have to call a number on the card and it will let you know exactly what is remaining.  I know this as I tried to purchase two boxes of golf balls that cost $62 and gave the clerk my $50 gift card.  The transaction would never go through and the clerk tried several times so I paid cash and then went home and did some research and this is what I had found via Google.  So, the next time I need two boxes of golf balls, I will tell the clerk to charge the card $50 and I'll pay him $12 in cash.  You'll find a lot of upset people on Google searches who hate these cards with a passion. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10