Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

So you think you"re having a bad day....

Oh, that gotta hurt!  At least no one was killed.....  I think the problem lies with the cannon though, it should not be able to be fired on the ground like that, don't you think?  Begs the question how many similar accidents have happened in the US?  And do those airmen get sent to Nome Alaska or the Aleutians afterward for KP and Latrine duty, or outdoor guard duty?  Or will this poor mechanics next assignment be in Greenland?

John

My question is simply why the heck was that Vulcan cannon loaded to begin with! No one with any sense would ever leave a loaded weapon lying around be it a Colt 45 or an F16!

Sheesh! Talk about massive incompetence! :rolleyes:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"I wonder what this little thingy does?  Whoops!!!!"

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Incidentally, if the F-16 was in the ready hanger, it would be loaded for bear.  No time to arm up when the balloon goes up.

Jim Driskell 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

6 minutes ago, n4gix said:

My question is simply why the heck was that Vulcan cannon loaded to begin with! No one with any sense would ever leave a loaded weapon lying around be it a Colt 45 or an F16!

Sheesh! Talk about massive incompetence! :rolleyes:

One of the funniest movies ever is "Defending Your Life", especially the scene which shows the lead (Albert Brooks) character's mishaps during his life, such as locking himself into his own car or falling off the roof.  Stupid thing I ever did was jumping off our roof with an umbrella, which I was sure would make me float down like Mary Poppins, in the movies at that time.  Boy was I wrong, and worst I did not hit my landing pad, instead landing feet first on the concrete.  My brothers knew about it and had to keep their lips sealed when my parents asked me why I was limping, they suppressed their laughter which only made my first stint at general aviation worse.  At least the damage was to me, not the umbrella.  That was before the days when movies had disclaimers "These are trained professionals, don't try this at home"

John

we saw that in work the other day.. and we all erupted with laughter.  we are such cynical sods  in ops.

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

He only needs four more and he's an ace. That's something he might wanna shoot for. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here