Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Odd problem, ntice a few others have as well

Hello all,

I just purchased the ngx today and after a few attempts of installing I finally got it to work, however everytime I update it through the ops center the aircraft becomes broken as in it loses is validation code and doesn’t give me the option to enter it.

When I uninstall after the update and reinstall using the download link provided by PMDG everything works fine...unless I update it as per the ops center.

Its very odd, Not a big deal as it’s usable in its state but thought I’d mention it.

thanks

Gerry Soulliere

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

You should not have to reset the validation code after an update.  I suspect something such as antivirus program is interfering.  Using any such thing other than Windows Defender?

Dan Downs KCRP

I thought that might be the problem, So I turned the windows firewall and UAC off but still becomes broken upon update..Its very odd...

I also have their 747 and have no issues with it .

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

16 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I thought that might be the problem, So I turned the windows firewall and UAC off but still becomes broken upon update..Its very odd...

Definitely time to submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, Aviator64 said:

The installer and the ops center should always be run as administrator, are you doing this?

Miles Oliver

I always run everything as administrator, force of habit.

Make sure you are putting in the correct code.  I had the problem and found out I was putting in an old FSX code into a P3d v.4 version.  The airplane worked, but it kept asking for a validation code.

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg