Sign in to follow this  
Quackarov55

Helicopters!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!!!!

Looking for a high quality Helo.  Best way to shop in my mind is from others opinions, so let me know what you're favorite helicopters are.  Looking more for civilian Helos, but if its really good then add it anyways.  I don't mind ones that have more aged looks, as long as the flight dynamics hold up.

Best,

Andrew

sig_ProudSupporter.jpgCPilot.jpg

6 minutes ago, Andrew Urbanczyk said:

as long as the flight dynamics hold up.

XPlane is the platform you want for helicopters, if that's what you are after,  specifically.  I don't use Xplane, but I would if I was a helo flyer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ErichB said:

XPlane is the platform you want for helicopters, if that's what you are after,  specifically.  I don't use Xplane, but I would if I was a helo flyer

As a real world helicopter pilot I second this. P3D choppers are not remotely realistic.

• Like 1

Murray Dreyer

If you're 'prepared' to consider DCS, then the UH-1 Huey is definitely worth a look. If you're willing to use FSX-SE, then the best chopper is definitely the Dodosim Bell JetRanger, which is eventually going to be available for P3D V4, but it's gonna be a while.

In the meantime, my vote would go to the Nemeth Designs MD 500 Defender (aka the Hughes Cayuse/Loach), which is actually for FSX, however, it does work in P3D V4. The reason I suggest this one is because it is easy and fun to fly and is small, so you can land it pretty much anywhere. It includes both military and civilian versions of it. The real thing is incredibly small in spite of being able to seat four people, and in reality it's a very twitchy and agile chopper, and you can do all that stuff with it in P3D, yet it remains easy to control, which is important for FSX and P3D because choppers in these sims are not particularly realistic and as a result they are often difficult to control, so you want one that is at least easy to fly, which this one is. You could easily land that MD 500 in a car park.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

51 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

As a real world helicopter pilot I second this. P3D choppers are not remotely realistic.

That would explain why the R44 I got from Alabeo is unflyable! A shame the textures look so dated on the Nemeth MD 500 Defender.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I use 3 sims for my heli flying. x-plane 10 for Dreamfoil's R22 and AS350B3 , X-plane 11 for Dreamfoils Bell 407 and DCS for the UH1, Gazelle and MI-8.

It takes 3 sims to scratch my helicopter itch.😉

• Like 1

I have Milviz Bell 407. It's a fine model but to be honest DCS Huey and Gazelle feel much better to me. I'd really consider it if you are into combat flying.

• Like 1