Sign in to follow this  
Agovico261

AIFP/BGL Traffic to Ultimate Traffic Live

I was wondering if there is any way to convert existing BGL traffic or custom made traffic BGLs from AI Flight Planner to an addon schedule for Ultimate Traffic Live P3Dv4. Asking for an old friend since I am still on FS2004 :p. Thanks!

the newest AIFP version kann also write UTL traffic .xml

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

38 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

the newest AIFP version kann also write UTL traffic .xml

am I correct in saying if you do that, you then need to delete the existing UTL "selections" so you don't have a duplication ?

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

2 hours ago, Agovico261 said:

Asking for an old friend since

he's has not internet available & / or ..... ?

for now, cheers

john martin

9 hours ago, vadriver said:

am I correct in saying if you do that, you then need to delete the existing UTL "selections" so you don't have a duplication ?

When you add a new schedule for an airline you have to use an "fake" airlinecode as you can't use one which a UTL stock schedule is already using. For example, if you want to add a new Lufthansa schedule you deactivate DLH in the UTL setup. Than you use DLHX as airlinecode in your custom schedule, it does only effect the flightnumbers of the UTL traffic board so ATC will still see the new flights as Lufthansa.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 years down the line we are still waiting for an update....... 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Agovico261 said:

By old I meant old in age

then your friend is old squared .... :wink:

23 minutes ago, tooting said:

2 years down the line

I was a fan of UT2 then UTL, but realised AIFP bgl's were the way to have what I directly wanted ..... airlines (passenger & cargo, commuter, regional, international etc. but limited to my selected 12 or so west coast US airports) with almost up to date schedules & liveries. more than compatible now with voxatc etc with little if any comparative fps impact.

Initially used UTL liveries (& only widebody internationals) then slowly over 3 months or so (less than an hour a day) replaced those with quality ones from the AlphaIndia team ... & bingo a resource I will maintain simply & easily "forever".

for now, cheers

john martin

From what I see here, AIFP can only open UTLive .xml addon schedules, edit .xml addon schedules and save as a .xml addon schedule. There is no option to create or convert a bgl file to an xml UTL file. Is that the case? Or am I just using AIFP incorrectly?

12 hours ago, vadriver said:

I was a fan of UT2 then UTL, but realised AIFP bgl's were the way to have what I directly wanted ..... airlines (passenger & cargo, commuter, regional, international etc. but limited to my selected 12 or so west coast US airports) with almost up to date schedules & liveries. more than compatible now with voxatc etc with little if any comparative fps impact.

If only bgl traffic flew airway routes, or LM add support for it..

• Like 1