Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

LatinVFR's central American airports in P3Dv4?

9 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

For Toncontin I will probably go with Taxi2Gate's rendition. I believe it's a little more updated? Though it's good to hear LatinVFR's rendition works well, as it makes it more likely all the others will also work.

Does Taxi2Gate's Toncontin work in P3Dv4? It's showing at Simmarket that it's only for FSX.

2 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Does Taxi2Gate's Toncontin work in P3Dv4? It's showing at Simmarket that it's only for FSX.

It's indeed for FSX, but I tried it in P3Dv2 anyway just now. Looks great! Everything is there and displays the way it should

Thanks all for your recommendations and suggestions. here's the ones I tried:

- LatinVFR MGGT: Works well
- LatinVFR MROC: Initial landclass issue, easily fixed by disabling the landclass file included with LatinVFR's MROC. Works well.
- LatinVFR SPIM: Seems to work well
- LatinVFR SLLP: Works well overall, some flickering buildings outside airport grounds.
- Taxi2Gate MHTG: Works well
- VirtualCol MSLP: Works well
- VirtualCol SKBO: Accoridng to Chock this is a P3Dv4 scenery, but I couldn't find a P3Dv4-compatible installer in Simmarket, where I bought it. One or two issues with a missing texture and a strange model/elevation mismatch, but other than that works well.

I haven't tried the freeware MHLM that was suggested yet, might do that sometime later. My first priority would be to figure out the landclass issue at MROC

Also, on a separate note, I was looking into getting OrbX's OpenLC South America, or otherwise UTC Caribean/central america. I'm leaning to UTX as it includes all the road network as well, but I was wondering if these two would be compatible? It'd be greta to have OpenLC for areas that UTX doesn't cover.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

10 hours ago, Mace said:

LatinVFR MGGT works in P3Dv4, albeit it's a little dated.  I *did* have to add a revised AFCAD file for it, to add an exclusion for the stock P3D objects, delete a few unattached nodes, and clean up a few problems in the taxiways.  The main thing is the exclusion rectangle, which you could also add yourself if you have ADE

Hi Mace:

I'm really interested in adding MGGT to P3D.  Is there anyway you could walk (in great detail as I'm not very good at this sorta thing) how to make MGGT work with P3D?

Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hi Mace:

I'm really interested in adding MGGT to P3D.  Is there anyway you could walk (in great detail as I'm not very good at this sorta thing) how to make MGGT work with P3D?

Thanks!

The scenery comes as an .exe as I recall.  You simply run the .exe, install it to wherever, and you're done.  I think I may have activated it in P3D's Scenery Library as well.  Works fine that way, but will still have stock MGGT items showing.

If you want to eliminate the stock scenery items that show in P3D, you'll need to use a program like ADE (Airport Design Editor) to create an Exclusion Rectangle.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

It's indeed for FSX, but I tried it in P3Dv2 anyway just now. Looks great! Everything is there and displays the way it should

Thanks all for your recommendations and suggestions. here's the ones I tried:

- LatinVFR MGGT: Works well
- LatinVFR MROC: Initial landclass issue, easily fixed by disabling the landclass file included with LatinVFR's MROC. Works well.
- LatinVFR SPIM: Seems to work well
- LatinVFR SLLP: Works well overall, some flickering buildings outside airport grounds.
- Taxi2Gate MHTG: Works well
- VirtualCol MSLP: Works well
- VirtualCol SKBO: Accoridng to Chock this is a P3Dv4 scenery, but I couldn't find a P3Dv4-compatible installer in Simmarket, where I bought it. One or two issues with a missing texture and a strange model/elevation mismatch, but other than that works well.

I haven't tried the freeware MHLM that was suggested yet, might do that sometime later. My first priority would be to figure out the landclass issue at MROC

Also, on a separate note, I was looking into getting OrbX's OpenLC South America, or otherwise UTC Caribean/central america. I'm leaning to UTX as it includes all the road network as well, but I was wondering if these two would be compatible? It'd be greta to have OpenLC for areas that UTX doesn't cover.

How do you disable MROC land-class? Specific file?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

12 hours ago, Mace said:

Do any of you have the following Cali (SKCL) Colombia scenery?  It says it's been updated for P3Dv4:

https://secure.simmarket.com/pksim-alfonso-bonilla-aragn-skcl-fsx-p3dv3.phtml

Yes I have it in P3D4 and it's great!

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

4 hours ago, Shomron said:

How do you disable MROC land-class? Specific file?

Yup, there's a file called "LC_*", where * is some number. I noticed it changes from scenery to scenery, but the file appears too be there for every LatinVFR scenery? At any rate, disable that and you'll fix that MROC landclass issue.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

12 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

You're talking about P3Dv2 and not P3Dv4 which is 64bit software.

16 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

You're talking about P3Dv2 and not P3Dv4 which is 64bit software.

A simple typo... of course I mean P3Dv4

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Warning/Advice:

Hello Guys/Gals

Some older non Unicode compliant scenery addons will corrupt P3D v4 .cfg and .xml files.

Before installing ANY old addon, make sure You have fresh BACKUP copies of (cfg, xml files)
Your Prepar3D V4 Path  \Autogen and \Effects folders (Including the texture subfolder) and terrain.cfg scenery.cfg,  other. cfg and xml files elsewhere in:
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

I learned the hard way after installing older non P3D v4 airports from FT and AS. My \Autogen\default.xml  got corrupted and also lost some effects due to some .bmp files being overwritten, luckily my system is set up to make regular Full P3D Backups so I was able to recover those files in a jiffy.

To properly insert those missing autogen entries I used Arno's Autogen Configuration Merger Tool (great tool, blazing fast execution and also verifies that all autogen files are valid and up to date.

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

9 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Warning/Advice:

Hello Guys/Gals

Some older non Unicode compliant scenery addons will corrupt P3D v4 .cfg and .xml files.

Before installing ANY old addon, make sure You have fresh BACKUP copies of (cfg, xml files)
Your Prepar3D V4 Path  \Autogen and \Effects folders (Including the texture subfolder) and terrain.cfg scenery.cfg,  other. cfg and xml files elsewhere in:
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

I learned the hard way after installing older non P3D v4 airports from FT and AS. My \Autogen\default.xml  got corrupted and also lost some effects due to some .bmp files being overwritten, luckily my system is set up to make regular Full P3D Backups so I was able to recover those files in a jiffy.

To properly insert those missing autogen entries I used Arno's Autogen Configuration Merger Tool (great tool, blazing fast execution and also verifies that all autogen files are valid and up to date.

Cheers.

The best method is to create a dummy fsx folder install it there and than copy manually all files to the equivalent P3D folders. I then add the scenery manually to the cfg.

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

The best method is to create a dummy fsx folder install it there and than copy manually all files to the equivalent P3D folders. I then add the scenery manually to the cfg.

It sure is!. 
I forgot to put it as a second option on my previous post.
But instead of a dummy FSX folder I have dummy bare bones P3D folders (with some files) for P3D Path, %PROGRAMDATA%,  %APPDATA%  & %LOCALAPPDATA%.
That way I can point the old installers to the latest version they support.
To merge the autogen descriptions you can do it manually or use the Autogen Configuration Tool

Edited by RamonB

Yes I have used dummy fsx.exe's to install before.   Another thing I do is install old scenery outside the P3D structure (i.e. D:\SCENERY\MGGT).  I then use Lorby's Addon Organizer to add the scenery to my sim.  If the scenery has Effects, such as the freeware Belo Horizonte (Brazil) scenery, I can use Addon Org to add those as well (as a component...).  That way, my Effects subfolder isn't in P3D\Effects.  It is in D:\SCENERY\SBCF\Effects.  

Edited by Mace

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB