Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

LatinVFR's central American airports in P3Dv4?

Back with another question.  Does anybody if it's possible (and if show how) to add GSX jetways to the MGGT scenery?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Do you have Vector? That is probably the cause. Disable MPTO in Vector AEC and APT.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

On 10/24/2018 at 10:54 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

Back with another question.  Does anybody if it's possible (and if show how) to add GSX jetways to the MGGT scenery?

Thanks.

Don't you mean SODE jetways?  GSX to the best of my knowledge doesn't do jetways (??) but has ground-handling objects and vehicles that are tied to a profile for each aircraft you use.

Anyway, LatinVFR MGGT appears to have static jetways (I have never seen them move, using CTRL+J) and the documentation says they are static for FSX, which I would assume that's the same for P3D.

There is a file "guajetways.bgl" in your MGGT \scenery install folder...you might try disabling that file (rename it guajetways.bgl.stock) and then use ADE to add default jetways.  Then if you had SODE it should at least give you SODE jetways there.  I haven't tried this, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

20 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Do you have Vector? That is probably the cause. Disable MPTO in Vector AEC and APT.

Don't know about Vector AEC and APT.

Patricio Valdes

On 10/17/2018 at 1:09 AM, Mace said:

UTX Tropical American and Caribbean -- I do not have that.  It looks a little older than the Orbx stuff, but that doesn't really mean anything if it's a quality product, since the scenery layer system hasn't changed since it was released.

I do have Orbx OpenLC South America.  Your post made me check the manual for OpenLC SA.  In one place, it shows a map where Central America is /not/ included, and in another place in the manual it shows a map where Central Am /is/ included.  Based on what I see around MROC, and points west of there, it is definitely Orbx vector'ed -- also I loaded myself into Puerto San Jose, Guatemala, and the coastline and breakwater are definitely Orbx vector also -- so I'd say that's either OpenLC NA extending that far south, or OpenLC SA extending that far north.

Central America is covered by open lc North America.

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Don't know about Vector AEC and APT.

Do you use ORBX vector? If not, do you have some terrain or mesh package addon installed that would cause altitude differences from default P3D?

Lee H

21 hours ago, Mace said:

Don't you mean SODE jetways?  GSX to the best of my knowledge doesn't do jetways (??) but has ground-handling objects and vehicles that are tied to a profile for each aircraft you use.

Anyway, LatinVFR MGGT appears to have static jetways (I have never seen them move, using CTRL+J) and the documentation says they are static for FSX, which I would assume that's the same for P3D.

There is a file "guajetways.bgl" in your MGGT \scenery install folder...you might try disabling that file (rename it guajetways.bgl.stock) and then use ADE to add default jetways.  Then if you had SODE it should at least give you SODE jetways there.  I haven't tried this, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Yes, yes.  Sorry.  SODE is what I meant.  Thank you for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.  Fingers crossed it works!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, Midnight Music said:

Do you use ORBX vector? If not, do you have some terrain or mesh package addon installed that would cause altitude differences from default P3D?

nope, just the sim and no mesh added. Any other try?

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

nope, just the sim and no mesh added. Any other try?

What ai traffic do you use? It is my understanding that the program MyTraffic has separate AFCADs for various airports. You might have some other AFCAD installed.

Lee H

18 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

What ai traffic do you use? It is my understanding that the program MyTraffic has separate AFCADs for various airports. You might have some other AFCAD installed.

All I have is Ultimate Traffic 2.

Time ago I had Scenery Solutions UTX but completely uninstalled from FSX.

Patricio Valdes