Sign in to follow this  
Sniperlife989

Transparent Boxes Around Aircraft Lights

Hi All,

Wondered if anyone has expereinced this problem/can offer some advice on how to fix it please?

I have been experiencing a problem with my recently purchased 777 200/300 products.

I appear to have trasnparent boxes around my navigation, strobe and beacon lights on my 777.

When viewed close up they dissapear but from a distance such as tower view or spot view you can clearly see transparent boxes around my lights.

I have attached pictures to demonstrate. I do not have this problem in my 737.

Here look at the top beacon lights:

gVcmYlw.png

Here the nav lights:

pkCb1MO.png

31 minutes ago, Sniperlife989 said:

fsx

Do you have the DX10 preview box checked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Althought I have just tried enabling it and disabling it and the problem is still there?

7 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Do you have the DX10 preview box checked in your settings?

11 minutes ago, Sniperlife989 said:

Althought I have just tried enabling it and disabling it and the problem is still there?

Do the same squares appear as dark boxes during the daylight and do they go away after a short amount of time?  What is your CPU speed?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Do the same squares appear as dark boxes during the daylight and do they go away after a short amount of time?  What is your CPU speed?

I have just loaded it up in the daytime and there are no black boxes that appear no.

I have noticed that sometimes lights in general have a black square (as if the textures are missing) for a few seconds before then appearing but that is normally in areas of high CPU and memory and isn't just PMDG. That hasnt happened recently though and I couldnt get it to recreate in my sim just then.

CPU speed:

Screenshot-15.png

Thanks

Just now, Sniperlife989 said:

I have just loaded it up in the daytime and there are no black boxes that appear no.

I have noticed that sometimes lights in general have a black square (as if the textures are missing) for a few seconds before then appearing but that is normally in areas of high CPU and memory and isn't just PMDG. That hasnt happened recently though and I couldnt get it to recreate in my sim just then.

CPU speed:

Screenshot-15.png

Thanks

It is less noticable when in the daytime because you can obviously see through it, its at night when against a dark background you can really make out the boxes.

The landing lights are the same, if you zoom far out you can see them with a box border around them if the angle is right

2 minutes ago, Sniperlife989 said:

Dont have a clue what they are - how do i tell ?

Sorry if I confused you - what I wrote makes no sense!

What I meant to say was "is this being run off of the CPU graphics, or a GPU?" Sorry for the confusion!

In that CPU-Z window you showed earlier, there's a graphics tab. Should be on there.

Kyle Rodgers