Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

PC Pilot or Computer Pilot?

Hi all,

At the age of the internet, paper is still nice and has it charm. For example you can hold a magazine and read it wherever you want 😉 Well, you can too with a tablet or a smartphone, but anyway...

In France and we have one and only french magazine, which I will not name, dedicated to desktop simulations (mostly flightsims). I used to buy it but I'm no more interested in the articles. And now I want to read in english.

1) I am considering to get an annual subscription to either PC Pilot (UK based) or PC Pilot (US based). I read a couple of them a long time ago. Today, which one do you recommend?

2) If I recall correctly, Computer Pilot "shut down" for a while, then resumed business. Is that correct? I am asking because I do not want to pay an annual subscription and the day after they stop the business.

3) I'd like to send an email to both of them to ask a few questions (delivery fees to France and that sort of things), but I did not achieve to find an email or a contact form on their websites. If you have PC Pilot or Computer Pilot, the contact email should be printed in the first pages along with legal informations.

Thanks in advance.

- TONY -

I've been a long time subscriber to PC Pilot and enjoy it quite a lot. I get it digitally through the Pocketmags app for my Android tablet. 

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

A long time ago I preferred computer pilot, but to be honest, I was unaware that they were still a thing.

7 hours ago, Simicro said:

Hi all,

At the age of the internet, paper is still nice and has it charm. For example you can hold a magazine and read it wherever you want 😉 Well, you can too with a tablet or a smartphone, but anyway...

In France and we have one and only french magazine, which I will not name, dedicated to desktop simulations (mostly flightsims). I used to buy it but I'm no more interested in the articles. And now I want to read in english.

1) I am considering to get an annual subscription to either PC Pilot (UK based) or PC Pilot (US based). I read a couple of them a long time ago. Today, which one do you recommend?

2) If I recall correctly, Computer Pilot "shut down" for a while, then resumed business. Is that correct? I am asking because I do not want to pay an annual subscription and the day after they stop the business.

3) I'd like to send an email to both of them to ask a few questions (delivery fees to France and that sort of things), but I did not achieve to find an email or a contact form on their websites. If you have PC Pilot or Computer Pilot, the contact email should be printed in the first pages along with legal informations.

Thanks in advance.

Don't buy "Computer Pilot" or you'll get belked.  I bought a years subscription and they took the money but never sent me anything and wouldn't answer my emails.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Don't buy "Computer Pilot" or you'll get belked.  I bought a years subscription and they took the money but never sent me anything and wouldn't answer my emails.

As they did to me as well. Fraud basically.

• Like 2

Cheers

Steve Hall

Thanks mates for your kind heads-up on Computer Pilot.

Much appreciated!

I'll go with PC Pilot.

- TONY -

I think I bought both Magazines way back when, Computer Pilot asked me if I would allow my freeware on their Magazine but I cannot recall what they wanted since I released a few titles and one ultralight trike over the years, until I quit due to bandwidth issues some years ago.  PC Magazine Italy also took another program of mine for distribution a long time ago, Mirrorart, on their CD that came with their magazine.  I believe I even gave them permission to translate my readme into Italian and at least one user sent me a nice email.  I quit buying all Magazines when diabetes made my eyes worse but now that treatment has greatly improved my vision back to when I was young I buy magazines again.  Good luck on your decision and remember you can always buy standalone issues of Computer Pilot if an article catches your fancy.

John

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I've been a long time subscriber to PC Pilot and enjoy it quite a lot. I get it digitally through the Pocketmags app for my Android tablet. 

Me too. I use my I Pad though.

I think that PCpilot is pretty much it these days. A very well put together mag that I look forward to getting in the mail. There is still something special about turning glossy pages instead of staring at a glowing screen. Good value for money on subscription....just don't take one out for too long just in case.

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall