Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Ultimate Traffic Live Liveries

It has been a while since I went down this road for a fix, but has anything been released and updated to get rid of all of the outdated liveries that are still in UTL?  I know that there are some ways to fix this but it (at the time) was a very manual and seemingly long process.  I figured I would check to see if there were any updates.  I am pretty sure "Ted" and "Song" have been long out of business but I still see those, as well as others in UTL.  Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

It is still a manual and long process, but it's been made somewhat easier with the release of FLAi (previously BVAI). It's a pack of models and liveries for use with... vpilot, I think? it's actual purpose is to show the models of the actual airliners people may be flying online on Vatsim, rather than default models. However, it works very well with UTLive as well. It saves you time in that it's a neat package with many models and liveries, so you don't have to go around tracking those down and installing them manually. On the flipside, you still have to go into UTL's manager and manually change the liveries and models over to FLAI's. A tedious process, but eventually a rewarding one. Note that FLAI is a freeware package and has received approval from all painters and modelers whose freeware work was bundled within.

Link: https://flai.app/

One thing to add though: it does not aim to be comprehensive, meaning there are still a lot of liveries not represented in this package. This mostly concerns airlines from places that wouldn't be quick to make it (or would be very rare) in US airspace. Many eastern European carriers come to mind. For those I did dig through the Avsim library as well as an awesome website (http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de/) and installed the required liveries manually using the FLAI-included models. It's really a very comprehensive set!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I've always believed that this should be done for the most part by the developer of the AI software. At least, this would justify the "LIVE" part the name.

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

The greed for a quick buck and a race to release this against the competitor is what this was. I don't remember seeing Ted, but there sure are outdated liveries, I've spent hours not only replacing the existing ones but also adding the models and paints of the ones which aren't mapped to anything. Make sure you periodically backup your Repaints.xml file, if you don't and something goes south, you'll end up re-mapping everything from scratch.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Yeah, I don't have the patience to do anything long and manual.  Plus, I am bound to mess something up so I will deal with it until something new is released (if ever).  What I don't understand is why you can't remove a livery and replace it with something that is already in there.  For example, UAL has the current and tulip livery in there.  Shouldn't there be an easy way to say "replace all tulip planes with current?". 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Yeah, I don't have the patience to do anything long and manual.  Plus, I am bound to mess something up so I will deal with it until something new is released (if ever).  What I don't understand is why you can't remove a livery and replace it with something that is already in there.  For example, UAL has the current and tulip livery in there.  Shouldn't there be an easy way to say "replace all tulip planes with current?". 

Not really because if a certain model is using an old livery, that means no livery for that model exists in UTL.  I know the 757's had the old UAL liveries and I replaced that 757 model among many other models with updated ones.  But yes, that was a long and tedious process....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

As mentioned above, the easiest way to replace the liveries you no longer want you see if too download the FLAi package and assign what you want in UTL. The models and repaints are noticably much better than what you will see from any official UTL update.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Its out for almost a year now and so far there has been one update with minor fixes, no livery updates (United still shown in Pre-Continental-Merger-colors....) and the powerpack still hasnt been released. The fact that they called this "early access" is just laughable and made them end up on my blacklist. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've seen a September update floating around - not sure if it's legit or someone has done coding for it. Personally not tried it but apparently it has all new liveries and departure boards.

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

As mentioned above, the easiest way to replace the liveries you no longer want you see if too download the FLAi package and assign what you want in UTL. The models and repaints are noticably much better than what you will see from any official UTL update.

Does the package contain any models that are not compatible with V4?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

It does. There are some Malcontent AI models, but you will find that overall they also don't really have any liveries for them either, so there wouldn't be anything to assign. Currently we are without a freeware P3Dv4-compatible ERJ145, for example, as well as a CRJ200. Though I heard raven AI is working on the latter.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

58 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

It may, best to look on their website for details, but it does say compatible with ALL versions of P3d. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

53 minutes ago, litenheat said:

I've seen a September update floating around - not sure if it's legit or someone has done coding for it. Personally not tried it but apparently it has all new liveries and departure boards.

I installed that pack as i was fed up waiting for the official update that never happens. Its a well made pack with custom schedules for many airlines (didnt check for accuracy) and hundreds of AI aircraft/liveries. It contains freeware AI models only, but they are distributed without creator consent, so its a grey area thing. Thats why i wont post any links here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woozie said:

I installed that pack as i was fed up waiting for the official update that never happens. Its a well made pack with custom schedules for many airlines (didnt check for accuracy) and hundreds of AI aircraft/liveries. It contains freeware AI models only, but they are distributed without creator consent, so its a grey area thing. Thats why i wont post any links here

Does it add any airlines that previously were not available, as well as get rid of airlines that are now defunct or merged?

OH! Very important: Does it finally correct that silly bug where Tehran Imam Khomeini the correct ICAO? In my UTL it is listed as OIEE instead of OIIE< so it's always empty...

Benjamin van Soldt

Just now, Benjamin J said:

Does it add any airlines that previously were not available, as well as get rid of airlines that are now defunct or merged?

Not sure about additional airlines, but defunct airlines are excluded. It also excludes all airlines where it provides a custom schedule, so you wont see any duplicate flights.