Sign in to follow this  
daguerreotype

Navigraph FMS data versus Aerosoft NavDataPro data

I would add that FMS navdata is only a portion of what we need - the Jeppesen charts that Navigraph provide complete the package very nicely.

Also, the recent addition of the PMDG 748 with its EFB Navigraph charts in cockpit provide a level of realism similar to Hi Fi tech Active Sky providing wx radar in cockpit.

So, Navigraph is doing so much more than providing FMS navdata. In my view, this makes Navigraph much more worth supporting.:smile:

Oh yeah. You might be right. Navigraph has a lot of experience.

But don't forget that concurrence and diversity is always better. especially when source data are different. Also, the point of the review is to try to not express any opinion. It also tries to not deal with other activities like charts providing and only assess the raw navigation data.

58 minutes ago, daguerreotype said:

Oh yeah. You might be right. Navigraph has a lot of experience.

But don't forget that concurrence and diversity is always better. especially when source data are different. Also, the point of the review is to try to not express any opinion. It also tries to not deal with other activities like charts providing and only assess the raw navigation data.

I did not forget about diversity.

New flight simmers may see this comparison and not realize what I knew needed to be pointed out. This post points to a narrow view of a more important big picture that is, or may soon be extremely important to a new flight simmer, possibly even some veterans. If they get Aerosoft and they possibly find that they wanted/needed charts for small (GA) airports in an Asian country like ZMAH, or like I already pointed out, they want the EFB full function of nav charts in their 748; they could find themselves regretting they did not have all the facts.

FSAerodata is another one of those huge differences that covers so much more, but only with a Navigraph subscription.

Navigraph allows you to check  online if their database covers the airport one is interested in. This can be done prepurchase. .

I couldn't find a similar way of checking the Aerosoft coverage. It appears you have to ask in the forums or by email to confirm if an airport is part of the database.

I have uploaded two KML files, this is the geographic analysis of the two dataset.

They contain all airports referenced in NavDataPro and all airports in Navigraph FMS data. It can be plotted in Google Earth for instance.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/47719-navigraph-fms-data-versus-aerosoft-navdatapro/

The results shown here confirms that usually small airports are filtered in the Jeppesen dataset while main platforms are covered by both providers. (In contrast with this general rule, in some countries like France and Germany, NavDataPro filters small aerodromes : they are only in the Navigraph kit). Also both provider have airports around the world and no specific area is of preference.

Direct link to full Navigraph FMS data / Navdatapro data coverage

Edited by daguerreotype

Content cited in previous post updated.

- article updated

- KMZ file to plot both coverage directly in google earth added

- two raw KML files updated.

Note : we still do not study worldwide LIDO or Jeppesen charts also provided by Navigraph and Aerosoft. We are focusing on navigation data. We encourage people to consider separately charts products and navigation data products.

Asia.jpg.ad1e71bf9a41ff6e2a2853f0678d313China15b.jpg.64a98739267e35273de490e532c

Edited by daguerreotype

Hello! for starters, I'm sorry if I'm asking this question in the wrong string. But I don't know where else to ask. I'm having an issue where I have both Aerosoft A320 family. And I also have Aerosoft A330. I try to use the configurator and when I'm plotting a flight plan, such as "EGLL/EDDH" the "EDDH" or any other arrival for  that matter says it's out of the data base? There has to be something I'm not doing right, but for  the life of me, I can't sort this out. I purchased Aerosoft Heathrow airport scenery, and it wants to use navdatapro to login. But I use Navigraph. 

Is there anyone who might be able to help me sort this out?

Thanks so much! Again I'm sorry if I've used the wrong place to ask this question!

John

Same here with the default 737-800 xplane 11 (I haven't tried any other plane)

Edited by Insub
to correct a mistake

22 hours ago, Insub said:

Same here with the default 737-800 xplane 11 (I haven't tried any other plane)

My mistake. I had the game in 'pause' mode.