Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Approach mode--how does it work?

I have always hand flown my approaches and landings in Xplane11.  I am wondering about approach mode--how well does it work in Xplane11?  I used it in FSX but it was always a trick having to capture and hold the glideslope, always had to capture just right, from underneath.

John

Approach mode works exactly the same as in MSFS. Dial in the ILS, set the localizer's course, capture the localizer and then the glideslope from underneath.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 10/16/2018 at 2:55 PM, Bjoern said:

Approach mode works exactly the same as in MSFS. Dial in the ILS, set the localizer's course, capture the localizer and then the glideslope from underneath.

Thanks, tried it for the first time in Xplane11 in the Aerobask Eclipse 550, on approach into Reno, ILS 110.90 16R.  Worked very well, held the runway heading and glideslope very well, I was able to autoland practically with just slight inputs of thrust.

John