Come on, just release it aleady ...

Release what???

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I guess it's 11.30 he's referring to...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And he will be the first to complain because its broken, oh please there is a thing called patients, seems to have flown out the window lately.

I heard its this week. Apparently they wanted to wait until ORBX UK South was released first. I am looking forward to it too with great anticipation but I don't think it will have Vulcan. But I do think that there will be better and more varied default autogen.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

patients, seems to have flown out the window lately.

My goodness, the healthcare system is much more broken than I imagined!

• Like 7

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

23 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

LOL good one

Roi Ben

24 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

They saw their bill.

NAX669.png

3 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

And he will be the first to complain because its broken, oh please there is a thing called patients, seems to have flown out the window lately.

Not at all,  I am very well aware what beta means and helped LR debug on several occasions in the paste. One time a beta broke my install completely, you will not find any complaint, maybe a warning to others. But to whom who does not realize what a beta is, please wait for the final release. 

I don't get your anxiety.  It's not like the version we have now isn't working.  Whenever the new version is done, we'll get it.  And it won't be all that different.  

No? Things worked on are: improved(?) ground handeling, particle system (visually improvement on smoke and contrails), more landmarks and updated airports, and improved performance. Some of those - and then I think especially about ground handling- have started heated discussions on this same forum in the past. So I am curious if at least that last one has improved.   

I agree that the current version is working very well, but I am curious by nature, and if I can help to find bugs before final release, I ll be happy to. This is then hopefully the last stretch to prepare for Vulcan, which is needed for a better VR experience. 

Edited by soaring_penguin
  • Upvote 2

This stupid topic is the very reason why developers these days very rarely mention updates, all it does is make upset users more upset. And if they  did mentions a day, this is what you get, "but they said". These topics should be locked before they start. waste of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

This stupid topic is the very reason why developers these days very rarely mention updates, all it does is make upset users more upset. And if they  did mentions a day, this is what you get, "but they said". These topics should be locked before they start. waste of time.

I don't agree, I am not upset at all! First of all, nobody at LR promised us an update by this or that date, everything I read is speculation from third party.
Second, there is a rough timeline with what to expect. Yes, I am looking forward to that. Is that wrong ?

My children look forward to Santa Claus every year, is that wrong? Should I take away this joy, because it might upset the day they find out (and find out they will)?
I am a long time X-Plane flightsimmer (whatever that means), and know what to expect from LR by now. I just wanted to express my feeling of excitement.

By the way, maybe this is a good time to repeat the mantra: guys, next round of betas, is a beta (shock).
It will be full of bugs, it might break X-Plane,  your computer, stop the sun from coming up, invite your mother in law at 6 in the morning, ... . It might even not contain the things you expected.
If you don't know what beta means, and/or don't know how to report bugs to LR, stay away from it. 

• Like 2