Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

TBM-900 for X-Plane released

1 minute ago, Swe_Richard said:

I'd say get it. It is really impressive. Not just the flying part but the maintenance and everything else as well; stuff like the fact that every switch is saved to your next session. It saves the exact location of the aircraft on the airport you shut down on. I really wish I had all of this with my other aircraft as well. 

Absolutely agree!  The best GA aircraft in X-Plane!!!  Maybe in all sims?  Anyway, it is definitely worth every penny!!!  Go get it!!!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

1.0.6 is out with some additional tweaks it seems!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Kind of wish I hadn't installed that. Mid flight I got a notice that my aircraft wasn't activated triggering some kind of systems shutdown. 

Insanely aggravating.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Kind of wish I hadn't installed that. Mid flight I got a notice that my aircraft wasn't activated triggering some kind of systems shutdown. 

Insanely aggravating.

We think we have this pegged. Should be fixed in the next update.

Founder of X-Aviation

2 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Insanely aggravating.

Sorry, but that sounds soo funny.

I picked up the TBM yesterday and haven't been this smitten with an addon since PMDG launched it's first 737NG back in 2003 (or whenever it was...). I say this because a) it's as revolutionary to this generation of add-ons as the NG was back then, and b) it's programmed to such a degree that it brings my ageing PC to its knee just like the NG did back then... but I don't care, because it's all about the add-on and not everything else (scenery, AI, clouds, etc). I am being educated on how to treat an aircraft with real consequences if I don't manage the flight or the air frame correctly.

And now to my greatest challenge: how to sell the idea of picking up a new video card this Black Friday 🤔

Great news to those of you (who like me) pulled most of your hair out trying to take off and land this beast, the ground handling patch is out.  

Here's what's changed in version 1.1.9:

Improvements / New Features:

New ground steering model to put an end to the unstable takeoffs & landings.

Implemented GPU rental costs.

Added hand-towing option to the sidebar drawer.

XP11.30 engine changes during startup to produce a lower startup ITT spike.

Added inertial separator transition sounds.

Pressing TIMER on the yoke automatically brings up the TMR/REF page.

AviTab support integrated into yoke-mounted tablet.

Tablet now stows in the door pocket. You can still use the USB ports to summon it, but this will be removed in a future update.
Reworked pressurization schedule. The system will now 
gradually change the cabin pressure target as we are nearing the destination, instead of going to it immediately on takeoff.

Pressurization won't fling open the OFV fully on landing, but modulate until equalization has been achieved.

Corrected high-altitude performance to be within +-2 knots of POH tablets.

Implemented configuration-dependent KIAS errors to match POH values.

Implemented sidebar drawer smooth animation.

AOA sensor failure separated out from AHRS and now individually settable in "Edit Failures" window.

Visual configurations window now includes option to use older custom heatblur effect.

Expired databases show in amber on MFD splash screen.
Replaced G1000 manual link with one for the TBM850 & TBM900.

Bug Fixes:

Battery recharge button in maintenance manager was incorrectly disabled.

Restructured battery voltage drop with load to give more realistic red battery voltage indications during start.

Fixed CAS message pixel alignment issues.

GPH indication on EICAS should properly respond when moving into or out of CUTOFF.

Electronic checklist was asking for "FUEL SEL" to OFF in a few places, when it should have called for MAN instead.

Gear wear was using incorrect sideslip computation.

Rudder propwash force correction could end up taking reverse thrust into account, when it shouldn't.

Fixed missing pitot & static covers

Low-fuel instability wasn't powerful enough.

Fixed prop overspeed on reverse with slow forward motion.
Workaround for ReShade bug causing hang in its OpenGL hooks DLL.

ODB was missing minimum download speed clamp to abort if the download is slow.

Don't try removing the odb directory if it didn't exist to avoid a spurious error log message.

glutils drawing wasn't properly disabling vertex arrays, leading to potential crash

I did few take off and landing and it is perfect now!

• Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

It's a great plane but.. It have not the "Ready to fly" option and that's a serious disappointment to me as I like sometimes just flying without having to do all theses startup procedures. Also, If I set my preferences with "no failures".. it have no effects, I still get failures here and there, I've even see my engine in fire (??)... So there is not really a possibility about a learning curve.

I understand some people like to have this as it, real flying and blabla... I like also, sometimes. And sometimes I like things more relaxed. For 67 $ I was hoping to have at least the options Xplane have... available. It will be pretty nice if Xaviation warn their customers about this. It's pretty sad but this plane will now stays in.. the hangar 🙂

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

13 minutes ago, Julia said:

It's a great plane but.. It have not the "Ready to fly" option and that's a serious disappointment to me as I like sometimes just flying without having to do all theses startup procedures. Also, If I set my preferences with "no failures".. it have no effects, I still get failures here and there, I've even see my engine in fire (??)... So there is not really a possibility about a learning curve.

I understand some people like to have this as it, real flying and blabla... I like also, sometimes. And sometimes I like things more relaxed. For 67 $ I was hoping to have at least the options Xplane have... available. It will be pretty nice if Xaviation warn their customers about this. It's pretty sad but this plane will now stays in.. the hangar 🙂

I am sorry but for $65 you are getting a study level sim, and it is expected that you have to follow procedures. This is actually from their marketing blurb 

" this Hot Start product is one of the most sophisticated, study sim level aircraft available for X-Plane! Real world pilots test and assist in the development of these products, and real world procedures are followed"

That is pretty much stating there is no jump in a go mode and kind of debunks the idea that there should be some warning about it not having an "easy" mode. 

With that said you can pretty much start the TBM in under two minutes by following the procedures, its not an Airbus. It's a matter of a few clicks to get it started and ready to fly. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Well, Yidahoo, I have a good numbers of others aircrafts and some of theses are pretty advanced (PMDG, MD-X and etc).. None of them disable some standard features offered by the sim. In fact, I've never seen that. We can speak about the startup procedures.. The cabin is very dark, the areas for the mouse scrolling are very tiny, this helps in nothing (light enabled).. But ok, not comfy but we can deal. At a moment, I wanted to reset the flight, to redo the procedures; i've then win a nice crash to desktop... So, well... no 🙂

Have a good day 🙂

• Like 1

That plane is expensive 'cause its got the 'gadget kit' attached.  Some of us, who've flown some, consider this a detriment.  Why would a real pilot ever want a landing evaluation flashed on the windshield for all his passengers to see? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Julia said:

Well, Yidahoo, I have a good numbers of others aircrafts and some of theses are pretty advanced (PMDG, MD-X and etc).. None of them disable some standard features offered by the sim. In fact, I've never seen that. We can speak about the startup procedures.. The cabin is very dark, the areas for the mouse scrolling are very tiny, this helps in nothing (light enabled).. But ok, not comfy but we can deal. At a moment, I wanted to reset the flight, to redo the procedures; i've then win a nice crash to desktop... So, well... no 🙂

Have a good day 🙂

17 hours ago, Julia said:

Julia, I'm 1 half of the developers of the TBM.
The other aircraft you mentioned have a "simple" or "basic" failures module.  ie, you can set something to fail during the flight randomly or at a specific time.  The TBM bypasses X-Planes failures module and takes ALL variables of flight into consideration and uses complex math to determine when something will wear out and eventually fail.  Just like the real aircraft.  These variables include how far you push the engine and for how long, whether you fly with inertial separator on or off, whether or not you pick up ice or gravel into the prop and the engine  Even if you leave the battery on after your sim session.  When you return, expect a flat battery.  The other developers you mentioned have not implemented this kind of failure module to this extent.  AFAIK, only one developer for FSX has done this to the level we have, and that is A2A.  

This TBM was never meant to be a "lite" add on, and we never marketted it as such.  Almost the entire aircraft runs outside of X-Planes default area...down to the ground handling.  It has been made to be as realistic as possible, including wear and tear.  Perhaps we'll include an option to turn this off in the future, but so far, 2 or 3 people (which represents less than 0.5% of our customer base) have asked for the failures to be turned off.  

Rest assured, if you fly the TBM correctly, and within limits, down to the actual aircraft documentation, you will have no failures, unless you neglect to use the maintenance manager to service the aircraft.  I'll have to correct @yidahoo on 1 thing.  It takes me about 1 minute to start the TBM from cold and dark.  😁  And then I'm in the air within 5 minutes.  10 minutes if I import a flight plan and follow that with procedures.

Also, my suggestion, should you wish to have something more basic, there is a TBM 850 for X-Plane which may be more suited to your needs.

• Upvote 3

Goran, I said in my first post, the aircraft is great but I'm disappointed about the "ready to fly" absent and the failures impossible to set on OFF, 2 things included in Xplane standard, so I think we are supposed to have the right to use what Xplane propose. It will not be, I guess, for professionals, a big deal to give theses features, then people have the possibility the choose to fly how they want. The freedom of the choose, you see? I was attracted by the TBM because the quality of instruments, etc, I like using them, but I like also to have the choose, not a "you can not".. well yeah, the freedom of the choose 🙂 Imagine I bought a simulator, also for the features proposed, then someone say "oh sorry but this and that, it's a no no, you can't using it", then it's not anymore the simulator I bought.

This said, I did that, procedures, taking off and then flying. It took more than 2 minutes but that's about some training. The plane works very well, I've nothing to say about it. But i'd like to have still the possibility to decide how I
want using a aircraft I bought. Just a point, the cabin lighting.. seriously, it's candlelights, making the thinsg uneasy.

This said again, I don't think we can say aircrafts like theses from PMDG or the MD-X are little addons", they're excellent products 🙂

Have a good day 🙂

4 hours ago, Julia said:

Goran, I said in my first post, the aircraft is great but I'm disappointed about the "ready to fly" absent and the failures impossible to set on OFF, 2 things included in Xplane standard, so I think we are supposed to have the right to use what Xplane propose. It will not be, I guess, for professionals, a big deal to give theses features, then people have the possibility the choose to fly how they want. The freedom of the choose, you see? I was attracted by the TBM because the quality of instruments, etc, I like using them, but I like also to have the choose, not a "you can not".. well yeah, the freedom of the choose 🙂 Imagine I bought a simulator, also for the features proposed, then someone say "oh sorry but this and that, it's a no no, you can't using it", then it's not anymore the simulator I bought.

This said, I did that, procedures, taking off and then flying. It took more than 2 minutes but that's about some training. The plane works very well, I've nothing to say about it. But i'd like to have still the possibility to decide how I
want using a aircraft I bought. Just a point, the cabin lighting.. seriously, it's candlelights, making the thinsg uneasy.

This said again, I don't think we can say aircrafts like theses from PMDG or the MD-X are little addons", they're excellent products 🙂

Have a good day 🙂

Can you please tell me how I can enable my choice for the mechanical wear and tear, systems failures for not following procedures, and the persistent state of my system between X-Plane sessions for the default aircraft? I'm having trouble finding this option and I want it for the default Cirrus Jet! I did not know X-Plane gave us that choice, and if we have the choice to make the systems so realistic I definitely want to enable that choice!

Edited by Cameron XA

Founder of X-Aviation