Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

TBM-900 for X-Plane released

I just purchased this aircraft the other day and I've had a couple of flights in it so far.  Quite impressive, makes me feel like I have just sipped a Cappuccino, ambled up to a cold and dark cockpit, done the pre flight, and turned on a few buttons to get the bird ready for takeoff.  Starting is quite easy after the first couple of times, and being a Phoenician (living in Phoenix, AZ, that is) I was amused once when I was told I was too cold, and whisps of bluish icy air appeared until I turned on the bleed air and upped the heater.  We Phoenicians are wimps when it comes to anything below 77 degrees.

The Avionics are the best I have seen in Xplane 11.

I am also heartened to see that an aircraft of this complexity has such great fps, I expected trouble since my graphics card is light on VRAM but had none.  I wish its startup state could be saved when I save a situation or its flying state since sometimes I save a flight in progress, but it seems in the latter the systems states are not saved and if I try to open the situation, the engine is on fire, and all the news magazines in the cockpit and cabin are burning.

The price of the aircraft is the highest I have paid for an aircraft Add-on, but I feel I have purchased a movie production franchise with many possibilities for sequels.

This is my second X-Aviation product, after the MU2.

John

• Like 2

Nice mini review....its definitely worth the price of admission.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have no doubt it's a fantastic airplane - Goran consistently produces the best X-Plane add-ons I've ever come across.

@Alan_A Wow, Thank you! 

In all fairness...I just build the bodies.  The programmers I work with, make them come to life.  And I'm fortunate enough to work with some very talented programmers.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

@GoranM - Well, then full credit to the extended team.  But full credit to you as the team leader.  And I remember some long-ago conversations about X-Plane flight modeling - specifically the importance of moments of inertia and how few developers get them right - that tell me you do great work in your own right.

Whatever else we've been debating here, nobody should be in any doubt about the quality of any of Goran's products.  This thread will turn up in searches months or years from now, so I think it's important to get that stated in so many words for anyone who's considering the TBM down the line.  You'll be buying the best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love this beauty! By the way I came back to Xplane11 to fly the Hot Start TBM! Congratulations to the team for what I consider a MUST HAVE for Xplane and it's worth the price. It's not a difficult airplane to prepare so IMO a cold & dark is fine.  I'm pretty sure most of you know this guy and saw this vid, he's a RL TBM900 owner😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExCWZWKe-I

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

12 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I love this beauty! By the way I came back to Xplane11 to fly the Hot Start TBM! Congratulations to the team for what I consider a MUST HAVE for Xplane and it's worth the price. It's not a difficult airplane to prepare so IMO a cold & dark is fine.  I'm pretty sure most of you know this guy and saw this vid, he's a RL TBM900 owner😉

Thank you for the comments.  

The guy in the video...his name is Jason Miller and he is 1 of the owners of Foreflight.  He also helped us with development of the TBM.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:09 AM, Pat Mussotte said:

That's the way to sell this plane - I learned more from watching this video than all the forum comments, other non-pilot videos etc.  This guy obviously knows the plane - smoothly and intuitively running the checks - brilliant. 

On 8/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Nice mini review....its definitely worth the price of admission.

Amazing plane really enjoy it 😎

André

3 minutes ago, awf said:

Amazing plane really enjoy it 😎

Wait you're using XP11 now too?  Haha!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Wait you're using XP11 now too?  Haha!

Was already using XP 9 and 10, even developed scenery lol, but it could never appeal to me for several reasons.

But now with XP11 and finally ASXP it changed lol

Only I was not loud and vocal about it, but have a dual installation for quite some time, joined the org forum back 2012 😱

So yes Ryan I'm enjoying  XP11 and the TBM 🤣

André