Sign in to follow this  
sloppysmusic

Flysimware 40% sale 4 more days

Was on vacation last week satisfied my simming loss by reading reviews for my next aircraft decided to buy the FSW Citation 35 as it had good reviews for full price of 41.99

Just went to buy it and noticed the whole site is on sale 40% off! Lucky me....only $25.19 now!

FlySimWare web site home page

There is a counter saying 4 days 6 hours 30 mins at time of this post.

Edited by sloppysmusic
reformatted link

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

AVSIM hosts the official FlySimWare Forums so, if you need support for any 'bargain' purchased, go there!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I got the Learjet, the Mitsubishi and the Grumman. Have been testing the Lear out after installing the mods in the thread below

Bjoern's awesome L35 mods

Follow the instructions PRECISELY! Dont do what I do and install 2 GTN 750s from Flight 1 and then also install the radar mod...oops! Easy mistake.

Fantastic plane I finally have a biz jet at last! Great VAS usage too. Finally been enjoying OrbX scenery at LOD 5.5/6.5 maxed out scenery one notch down on the max autogen.

VAS between addon airports has been 900/600 remaining with frames 20-50fps. A real gamechanger!

Not a review here but I'd put the systems with the mods at 9 (if PMDG is 10) and gfx at 8/9. Plane has a real soul and FSX has come alive again.

Landings are a lot of fun....! Way too easy to panic and drop the thrust early only to get that stick shaker and beeps everywhere!

haven't crashed yet with crash detection on but my passengers have definitely left a mess in the cabin..

All my test flights have been about 90 miles to practice take offs and landings. Get up to 18000, then descent using GTN Vnav calc to perfection and V/S descent mode. Can't wait to try a long distance flight and get some real altitude and chill, like I said OrbX Australia is finally usable for me with a complex plane!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi Russel,

Huge fan of that Lear - one of my absolute favorites - LOL - I've painted it enough times...

Be sure to read the manual on key assignments - the custom autopilot doesn't use the conventional keys assigned to an autopilot and you need to map the keys to buttons (uses G1000 keys) - as you don't want to be "heads down" in this aircraft for very long...

If you have a decent headset and mic - I'd suggest looking into a $10.00 program called Voice Attack... If you haven't noticed - things happen fast in that Lear - very fast - and it's certified for two pilot operation... I use Voice Attack as a virtual copilot which I sorely need during busy phases of flight - such as the 6000+ FPM takeoff... I've tried all the major voice control programs and this one has the most intuitive interface and is the easiest to setup... I use it for numerous applications now - best thing since sliced bread...

Anyway - enjoy the plane - it's a total hoot in my book...

fdf38x.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

5 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I got the Learjet, the Mitsubishi and the Grumman. Have been testing the Lear out after installing the mods in the thread below

Edited by scottb613

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Russel,

Huge fan of that Lear - one of my absolute favorites - LOL - I've painted it enough times...

Be sure to read the manual on key assignments - the custom autopilot doesn't use the conventional keys assigned to an autopilot and you need to map the keys to buttons (uses G1000 keys) - as you don't want to be "heads down" in this aircraft for very long...

If you have a decent headset and mic - I'd suggest looking into a $10.00 program called Voice Attack... If you haven't noticed - things happen fast in that Lear - very fast - and it's certified for two pilot operation... I use Voice Attack as a virtual copilot which I sorely need during busy phases of flight - such as the 6000+ FPM takeoff... I've tried all the major voice control programs and this one has the most intuitive interface and is the easiest to setup... I use it for numerous applications now - best thing since sliced bread...

Anyway - enjoy the plane - it's a total hoot in my book...

Regards,
Scott

Scott thanks for the reply, recognize you I'm sure from the forums I was reading last week while away and not able to sim!

I read the manual and other docs several times for sure before flying and setup the plane with FSUIPC but none of the G1000 button assignements worked for me during flight. I had Alt Sel/Alt Hold/nav/HDG and the ground steering setup. Only response was when pressing my steering ON button on the annunciator a non related 'ARM' light quickly flashed on and off. In noticed in Bjoern's mod readme one mod I did not activate was to change all these G1000 inputs to standard FSX ones so you can use KB strokes (plus FSUIPC buttons too that way) for all major functions. Dont want this to become a support thread (!) but if this sounds familiar let me know!

Oh I will DEFINITELY be enjoying the plane! Not sure when I will have time to try out the other 2 though!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

The LearJet and the C441 are both well worth a look in case anyone is tempted. Both of them are absolutely great.

For something a bit more unsusual in the GA line, their Ercoupe 415C is interesting since, like the real thing, it does not have rudder pedals and was marketed at the time as being virtually unstallable (yeah right), so it's quite an historical oddity. Definitely has that cool period look to it and genuinely is something you can fly realistically without having hardware rudder pedals.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Seriously considering the C441.  I have the C402 and it is a well modeled twin piston, but I'm thinking about a twin turboprop and the Carenado B200, although pretty to look at, falls short in the areas of flight and systems modeling.  And modeling is why I am currently avoiding the Lear.  Learjets are certified as two pilot aircraft, unlike the smaller Cessna Citation jets.  My experience with the Flysimware C402 has been great, but it handles exactly like the reports from real pilots.  I don't really know that I want to tackle an aircraft that has a really accurate flight model and systems modeling that, in real life, requires the skills of two pilots.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

28 minutes ago, stans said:

Seriously considering the C441.  I have the C402 and it is a well modeled twin piston, but I'm thinking about a twin turboprop and the Carenado B200, although pretty to look at, falls short in the areas of flight and systems modeling.  And modeling is why I am currently avoiding the Lear.  Learjets are certified as two pilot aircraft, unlike the smaller Cessna Citation jets.  My experience with the Flysimware C402 has been great, but it handles exactly like the reports from real pilots.  I don't really know that I want to tackle an aircraft that has a really accurate flight model and systems modeling that, in real life, requires the skills of two pilots.

Hi Folks,

From my experience with FSW - each successive release shows better modeling than the previous... The Lear and MU-2 were the last two - and seem to have the highest quality models... If you're into turboprops the MU-2 might prove the better of the two when compared to the C441...

As for a Carenado King Air - I think the C90 GTX was reportedly the best made - I know Bert had it listed as his favorite for a while and I trust his judgment - of course a GTN and Bert's mod pack is a given... Either that or wait to see what the infamous MilViz 350 brings to the table - it HAS to be on short final now...

19 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Scott thanks for the reply, recognize you I'm sure from the forums I was reading last week while away and not able to sim!

I read the manual and other docs several times for sure before flying and setup the plane with FSUIPC but none of the G1000 button assignements worked for me during flight. I had Alt Sel/Alt Hold/nav/HDG and the ground steering setup. Only response was when pressing my steering ON button on the annunciator a non related 'ARM' light quickly flashed on and off. In noticed in Bjoern's mod readme one mod I did not activate was to change all these G1000 inputs to standard FSX ones so you can use KB strokes (plus FSUIPC buttons too that way) for all major functions. Dont want this to become a support thread (!) but if this sounds familiar let me know!

Oh I will DEFINITELY be enjoying the plane! Not sure when I will have time to try out the other 2 though!

Hi Russel,

If you have issues - report them in the FSW forum - it's a very friendly and helpful community...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

I was keeping my powder dry in anticipation of the Falcon, but that Cessna 441 is so tempting...

2 hours ago, Holdit said:

I was keeping my powder dry in anticipation of the Falcon, but that Cessna 441 is so tempting...

If you are considering a turboprop, I would agree with Scott that the MU-2 is the better of the two. In terms of quality, in my opinion, the Lear is definitely the best, followed closely by the MU-2 with the Ce402 and 441 in third place and fourth place respectively.

For a bit of fun, I bought the 1966 Cessna 182K in this sale as, at only $9, there seemed to be little to lose. This has gone through a number of revisions since it was first released ironing out most of the problems reported in early reviews. Although the VC textures fall a little short of what we have grown to expect today, particularly in terms of the quality of modelling of the periphery of the cockpit, this really is quite a nice aircraft and the systems and avionics, including the somewhat limited Navomatic 300 AP of that era, all function very well. My only issue with the Flysimware 182 is that the sounds are aliased to the default Cessna 172 sounds which isn’t really appropriate. However I changed the sound cfg to alias it to the Carenado Cessna 182 (for some reason aliasing them to the A2A 182 sounds didn’t work) and that produced a considerable improvement in the sense of realism. For someone who doesn’t have a 182, this is a nice little addon at a bargain price.

Bill

• Like 2

For those hovering on buying the 441, it's worth noting that it is pressurised and has a very fast cruise speed too, which is why it was often used for training airline pilots. It has a fairly long range as well but can get in and out of quite small aerodromes, so it's definitely a very usable aeroplane for your sim.

I actually have one in my Air Hauler company which I use for training my my AI pilots on and building their hours, and when it's not doing that it's great to have around for little ad-hoc courier and passenger jobs. The Carenado one might be a bit prettier, but the Flysimware one is the one to have if you want a realistic simulation of those Garrett engines and its related avionics. Personally, I think it's one of the best aeroplanes you can get for P3D.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I WOULD have got the 441 as well but I just went for the latest 3 models after being convinced FSW were getting better in modeling and systems each plane they do rather than churning out tons of pretty but lightweight planes. I have the PMDG 1900 and Realair Duke Turbine aircraft so only wanted one more turboprop at the moment.

Regarding the LearJet,,,,where have you been all my life?!? Every flight is a learning experience and those systems......it's all the little things adding up that impress:

My last flight last night was hand flown no AP at all just GTN guidance. Unknowingly had my flaps axis dropped an engine into reverser mode (old FSUIPC assignment of mine for default planes) on final several times (I survived by panicking and adding full thrust and raising flaps not knowing that the full flap setting was causing the reverser until AFTER I landed and was stuck on the runway for 5 mins....then an outside view of me raising flaps showed the modeling of the thrust reverser....geesh!)

Ignoring that minor issue first 5 mins of flight could NOT get rid of a persistent warning horn. Thinking I had a bugged aircraft I was level flight 6000 feet 310 knots way behind barber pole.....slowing down to 290 fixed it....the plane does NOT like you doing over 300 (under 10000 feet I think,,will investigate)....then another beep on final....warning light tells me turbo sync....yes I synced the props and fans earlier (which ACTUALLY does that by linking the throttles together you can see it happening!). So turned sync off and horn is silenced.  Not to mention the stall warnings and over speed vibrations in cruise or descent. I get the feeling I am being judged by the plane throughout the flight and I love it as I love being tested and getting it right. You NEED the take off and landing speed references to start and end flights with this bird. Just winging it IS going to leave you dirty or dead in the dirt.

I go to bed these days after flying this plane in Australia till I am dozing off...I wake up wanting to fly it again..

In a week or so when I've nailed the systems will do some night flights with radio nav guidance only, GTN turned off or maybe on terrain/traffic modes only. That was always my favorite challenge in the RealAir Dukes in the past and also the PMDG 737 which secretly LOVES flying VOR to VOR with those big lovely twin NAV displays.

TWO GTN 750s in this plane is old world mixed with new, feels like actually flying an old plane retrofitted for the modern age. The second I leave on terrain or traffic, incredible luxury!

For anyone wondering about VC detail all I can say is that I run in 4k and it is beautiful and clear, no dodgy textures to ruin the immersion. All those detailed working gauges and switches are a marvel especially with night lighting on. The ONLY texture that looks wonky is the fire handle(S). They look kinda silly..but everything else is so sharp I really dont care...

No more yap it's time to fly again! 

Here is a good tutorial video. One that helped convince me to get the plane BEFORE the sale price.

FSW Learjet 35 Tutorial flight.

PS I also got the Old Props immersion package for this. I was impressed they chose this plane alongside the PMDG beasts..that commitment said a lot to me!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi Russel,

Very cool write up...

Yeah - I know everyone celebrates the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 - - - but the updated Flysimware Lear 35A VC graphics are no slouch in my book... More than enough eye candy for me - while the XP L25 still has 2D GTN's (can't figure that one out) ?!?!

The Lear 35A is an all weather bird so I've flown it in with some pretty sketchy weather - hopefully you have the REX Wx Radar as well...

LOL - your obvious enthusiasm is what I still feel after years of use - seldom do I encounter that in the world of FS - for me it's like the Energizer Bunny - still going... And I'm completely embarrassed to say I picked it up on sale as well for $20.00 - I feel like a thief with all the enjoyment it has brought me...

Learning how to fly it well - is a huge part of the attraction for me - I even bought a book on flying the RW Lear 35A and most of it's applicable...

In the US - you're limited by the FAA to 250 KIAS under 10,000 feet...

The EXACT same video is what caused me to make the purchase as well - too funny...

Enjoy...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613