Sign in to follow this  
SoloPilot

I can't access my NGX manuals

I can't access the FCOM (both volumes), FCTM, or QRH from the Operations Center for my NGX. I can click on them, but the supposed links do not open any documents and nothing happens.

This happens from me time to time as well, but when it does, I can’t open any pdf file on my computer. For me, it’s never been something wrong with the Ops Center or the PMDG flies but rather my pdf reader. I can’t guarantee you’re having the same issue as me but try opening some random pdf that’s not PMDG and if you can’t open it then it’s likely your pdf reader acting up.

Duplicate post.

Edited by Peter Webber
Duplicate post

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 hours ago, SoloPilot said:

I can't access the FCOM (both volumes), FCTM, or QRH from the Operations Center for my NGX. I can click on them, but the supposed links do not open any documents and nothing happens.

Hi, I heard this is a known issue and will be resolved with the next OC update. Go directly to the files located in the PMDG folder (Flight Manuals) in your flight sim directory and open it with another viewer. I use MS Edge.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

13 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Duplicate post.

I didn’t see the other one. Sorry. 

13 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Hi, I heard this is a known issue and will be resolved with the next OC update. Go directly to the files located in the PMDG folder (Flight Manuals) in your flight sim directory and open it with another viewer. I use MS Edge.

Thank you very much!

15 hours ago, HighFlier said:

This happens from me time to time as well, but when it does, I can’t open any pdf file on my computer. For me, it’s never been something wrong with the Ops Center or the PMDG flies but rather my pdf reader. I can’t guarantee you’re having the same issue as me but try opening some random pdf that’s not PMDG and if you can’t open it then it’s likely your pdf reader acting up.

It’s not an issue with all PDF files, just those 4 for me. 

5 hours ago, SoloPilot said:

It’s not an issue with all PDF files, just those 4 for me. 

I'm going to assume here but with the newer versions of Adobe PDF reader, the default security settings don't allow for you to open PDF's via a third program (eg Ops Centre). If you change the settings in Adobe Reader it will work or you can open the file directly too.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Okay, update. I appear to somehow be missing those four manuals. I just looked in my FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737NGX\Flight manuals and I only have the NGX introduction and the two tutorials. I have no clue why the others are missing or weren't installed.

2 hours ago, SoloPilot said:

Okay, update. I appear to somehow be missing those four manuals. I just looked in my FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737NGX\Flight manuals and I only have the NGX introduction and the two tutorials. I have no clue why the others are missing or weren't installed.

Maybe try a re-install of the NGX.

Peter Webber

40 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Maybe try a re-install of the NGX.

I tried the repair function as well as a clean reinstall and got nothing

Have you sent a ticket to PMDG? I can send you the files but I don't know whether it's allowed.

Maybe your antivirus is causing issues? I know Kyle from PMDG is an "anti" antivirus person....antiviruses are the main cause of our woes...

Peter Webber

14 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Have you sent a ticket to PMDG? I can send you the files but I don't know whether it's allowed.

Maybe your antivirus is causing issues? I know Kyle from PMDG is an "anti" antivirus person....antiviruses are the main cause of our woes...

Please do not sent any files. These are copyrighted material and sharing them is not allowed.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Peter Webber said:

I sent a ticket and this is the response:

With each PMDG product, we include a comprehensive tutorial that will teach you how to operate the airplane as is typically done by a modern flight crew.  In the past we have had the opportunity to provide actual technical manuals in addition to the operational tutorial.  We are currently negotiating to renew our license for this additional information and hope to be able to do so again in the near future.   Many users may find various manuals freely available through many sites on the internet.”

Same Problem here. I bought the NGX some Weeks ago. But the files are not in the PMDG folger, simply missing. Only the tutorials.

I opened a ticket but the response was, 747 has now higher priority. Nothing heard since then.

Thats sad, because a noobie like me needs these docs.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder