Sign in to follow this  
pilot10112

Bad frames, without ORBX!

Hi there everyone, I recently got p3d v4 and am on 4.3 but am having trouble with frame rate. My PC is not bad whatsoever it is an Alienware Aurora R5(with no 3rd party components). I only have two add on airports one of which being Fly Tampa CYYZ, and just today I flew out of there and was only getting 9-14 frames per second, with the PMDG 747-400. I see other you tubers with worse pc’s and more add ones such as ORBX and they do fine. I don’t know if it is my P3D settings or that my computer is on a wirless network not wired (as I always fly vatsim). I really love ORVX and it looks great but there are compromises to be made for frames. Any help is appreciated, Thanks so much in advance!!!

Simon S

7 minutes ago, pilot10112 said:

Hi there everyone, I recently got p3d v4 and am on 4.3 but am having trouble with frame rate. My PC is not bad whatsoever it is an Alienware Aurora R5(with no 3rd party components). I only have two add on airports one of which being Fly Tampa CYYZ, and just today I flew out of there and was only getting 9-14 frames per second, with the PMDG 747-400. I see other you tubers with worse pc’s and more add ones such as ORBX and they do fine. I don’t know if it is my P3D settings or that my computer is on a wirless network not wired (as I always fly vatsim). I really love ORVX and it looks great but there are compromises to be made for frames. Any help is appreciated, Thanks so much in advance!!!

Simon S

System specs?

Matt Wilson

Based on

it is an Alienware Aurora R5(with no 3rd party components).

just the tiniest little bit of research suggests this.

Here is the Alienware Aurora R5 configuration sent to TechRadar for review:

• CPU: 4GHz Intel Core i7-6700K (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.2GHz with Turbo Boost)
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X RAM)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM (2,133MHz)
  • Storage: 256GB PCIe SSD, 2TB HDD (7,200RPM)

With those specs you should have no trouble running anything.

Delete your Prepare3D.config and let it build a new one for starters.

6 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

With those specs you should have no trouble running anything.

Delete your Prepare3D.config and let it build a new one for starters.

I am not the best with in depth system settings. How would you make a new .config and what would the best settings be for flytampa P3D and ORBX if you don’t mind. Thank you so much by the way and if you could help me create a new config file that would be great

Simon

1 hour ago, pilot10112 said:

I am not the best with in depth system settings. How would you make a new .config and what would the best settings be for flytampa P3D and ORBX if you don’t mind. Thank you so much by the way and if you could help me create a new config file that would be great

Simon

Simon,

P3D will built a new cfg file for you.  Perhaps more important that removing the CFG file is to delte your P3D Shaders, located at C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. The shaders will be rebuilt as well.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello

As the rest have suggested delete the following two files and one folder below,  They will generate again when you launch Prepar3D next

The SceneryIndexes_x64 folder, The Shaders folder and the Prepar3D.cfg file are generated folders and files and will generate again If deleted when Prepar3D is launch next.

This action will Not effect your 3rd party Add On's, You will just need to adjust your "Graphics" settings again via Prepar3D > Options after deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file.  Note: The Shaders will take a minute or two to generate again on the first launch Only after deleting this folder.

A quick way of locating these files is to Copy the TEXT below and Paste it into your Windows search bar, This will bring you to the exact locations

Delete the SceneryIndexes_x64 folder.   Not the Scenery.cfg file

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Delete the Shaders folder

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Then launch Prepar3D and test...

Please see the video below showing you this in motion,  You will also find additional Information in the comments below the video.  

Ok this looks great I am not home right now but will try it as soon as I get there thanks for all the help

Sincerely 

Simon