Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

"positive climb" before v2 call ?

Hi,

Just completed two flights in the amazing 747-8 and on both occasions i was getting the above and was wondering if its me rotating to quick or simple a glitch with two situations close to each other making the call "positive climb call" played first. ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

with two situations close to each other making the call "positive climb call" played first. ?

it's a computer simulation ..... positive climb is positive altitude change not positive v/s, but crosschecked by the PNF against IAS, so a bit difficult for even PMDG to adjust for "your rotation".

for now, cheers

john martin

They are two separate events, not directly linked, so can occur in either order depending on how you rotate.

If you used the 748 EFB for preflight then you may have applied the optimum derated thrust. This would reduce acceleration on takeoff and make it take slightly longer to reach V2 from Vr.

• Like 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Just completed two flights in the amazing 747-8 and on both occasions i was getting the above and was wondering if its me rotating to quick or simple a glitch with two situations close to each other making the call "positive climb call" played first. ?

As the others have noted, this comes down to your technique. If you're causing one event to happen before the other, not only will the software simply play those calls in that order - a real crewmember would as well.

Keep in mind that there is no requirement that V2 must be before positive climb, or that it must be called while on the ground. V2 is takeoff safety speed. Ideally, the pilot would ensure that you were at/above this speed before lifting off the ground, but it's your responsibility to make that happen. You can land below Vref, too. The plane will allow it, but is it proper technique? No, and it is your responsibility to use the proper technique to make that happen.

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers