Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Your sim of choice poll

Running a poll on the Hangar Chat forum on sims of choice.  If you haven't participated yet, it would be good to get your response.

What's the point of this kind of poll notification in the P3D forum?  It's just a "my dog's better than your dog" invitation for people to like one computer program over another.  If I want to see who, what, where, when, and how many other people are using a different flight sim than me, I'll just go to THAT sim forum to read stuff there.

No offense intended, but "my" P3D forum already has enough posts in it for me to read now.  I don't need to see other posts here about different flight sims in THIS forum.

Rick Ryan

30 minutes ago, ErichB said:

it would be good to get your response.

for commercial purposes ....

for now, cheers

john martin

Just now, vadriver said:

for commercial purposes ....

Nope.  This is just an interesting usage poll. Avsim is a small sliver of total usage.  It's overall insignificant for commercial purposes.

13 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Avsim is a small sliver of total usage

ouch !!

for now, cheers

john martin

53 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Nope.  This is just an interesting usage poll. Avsim is a small sliver of total usage.  It's overall insignificant for commercial purposes.

But it's like going to a Republican Party website forum and posting, "Hey all!  I started a poll in another "Chat" forum to see how many people are Republican, Democrat, Independent, or just don't Give A D*mn.  The results should be interesting.  Please go there and vote!"

No.  Quit bugging me in a forum that already indicates which "product" I chose to use.  It's equivalent to...and reeks of...trolling.

😎 😂

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

To be honest, I’m quite interested in the results...All in good fun.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Let's face it - anytime XP and P3D/FSX are mentioned in the same sentence and/or topic, an all-out war breaks out, ridiculous as it seems.

Edited by tamsini

Mario Di Lauro

51 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Let's face it - anytime XP and P3D/FSX are mentioned in the same sentence and/or topic, an all-out war breaks out, ridiculous as it seems.

There is no reason whatsoever to hyperventilate over a silly user poll - or about drawing attention to one,  which should be of at least some interest to everyone who comes here often.

There are honestly worse and more offensive things in life, Why don't people conserve energy for the things that matter.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

There is no reason whatsoever to hyperventilate over a silly user poll - or about drawing attention to one,  which should be of at least some interest to everyone who comes here often.

There are honestly worse and more offensive things in life, Why don't people conserve energy for the things that matter.

Polls on forums, to me, are pretty worthless, because the vast majority of users don't post on or read forums.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Polls on forums, to me, are pretty worthless, because the vast majority of users don't post on or read forums.

That has already been acknowledged by me.  But as I have already stated, it is a silly user poll, primarily for my own interest,  and anyone else who might be in the slight bit curious about the users HERE.  Not elsewhere.  Different populations, different results.  We know that.

P3D v4 is my sim of choice right now, but it's only a matter of time before we have a viable alternative.

LM needs consider some serious updating to their rendering engine 7 fix some of the left over bugs from FSX if they are going to continue their dominance over other flight sims.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Who really cares?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.