Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

KSEA ILS 16's Autoland PMDG737

Dan

Dan,

What I noticed is:

From PAE (LNAV/VNAV) selecting VORLOC (in range) all ok (screenshot).
From PAE (LNAV/VNAV) selecting APP = B/CRS.

Do you see the same ?

Note:
In the past I used the ILS 34's and I had not noticed any issue when selecting APP (from LNAV/VNAV).

Do you see the KSEA 34's doing this or having in range issue?

PAE-VORLOC-ok_zpslff5gfii.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Vaughan, the resolution does not permit me to read the FMA... I assume the roll mode is VOR/LOC engaged.  B/CRS is only going to appear with IAN option and armed/engaged approach. 

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

many times with the 737 and 777. Never had that issue. But I use the Taxi2Gate scenery too. I've never flown into the default Seattle airport.

Is Taxi2Gate scenery for P3Dv4.3?

Do you have a screenshot of your situation when reaching LNAV/VNAV PAE and then selecting APP mode?

Best Regards,

15 minutes ago, downscc said:

Vaughan, the resolution does not permit me to read the FMA... I assume the roll mode is VOR/LOC engaged.  B/CRS is only going to appear with IAN option and armed/engaged approach. 

Who can read the FMA.

Do you see the same when reaching LNAV/VNAV PAE and then selecting APP mode?

How about the ILS 34"s?

Best Regards,

34 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Who can read the FMA.

Do you see the same when reaching LNAV/VNAV PAE and then selecting APP mode?

How about the ILS 34"s?

Where are you going with this Vaughan.  I thought you had resolved the issue of why you were getting a backcourse indication on 16L.  Is there a different problem that you are chasing here?

I will not get the same results regarding the backcourse because I have revised the KSEA ILS systems to reflect FAA NASR data; for example, the back course for 16L is not available.  Rarely will you find a pair of ILS systems sharing the same frequency with each one having a usable backcourse.... it doesn't make sense.  A backcourse is something that used to always occur with early systems but modern antenna systems now can nullify the rear lobes of the antenna pattern eliminating backcourses.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

28 minutes ago, downscc said:

Where are you going with this Vaughan.  I thought you had resolved the issue of why you were getting a backcourse indication on 16L.  Is there a different problem that you are chasing here?

I will not get the same results regarding the backcourse because I have revised the KSEA ILS systems to reflect FAA NASR data; for example, the back course for 16L is not available.  Rarely will you find a pair of ILS systems sharing the same frequency with each one having a usable backcourse.... it doesn't make sense.  A backcourse is something that used to always occur with early systems but modern antenna systems now can nullify the rear lobes of the antenna pattern eliminating backcourses.

The question was why is PMDG737 going to B/CRS when I press the APP button?

I posted to see if other pilots are seeing the same thing.

Best Regards,

12 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The question was why is PMDG737 going to B/CRS when I press the APP button?

Because you are not within range of the front course yet, but since the 34R backcourse antenna is 2 nm closer to your position you will receive it first.  If you wait until the GS deviation indicator is present for ILS 16L then you guarantee you are receiving the 16L system and the backcourse is ignored.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

I just now had a look in another aircraft just to see the LOC activate / distance at PAE for ILS16L (screenshots).
LOC 28nm / 5000 feet
G/S at 21 DME
All looks good.

RADuke-KSEA-ILS14L-LOC-28nm_zpsva1ilspt.

RADuke-KSEA-ILS14L-GS-21nm_zpspethy3cl.j

Best Regards,

Quick KSEA ILS 16L LOC, G/S (front course) test in PMDG777 (screenshots) to see the range with my scenery.

777-16L-SEA-LOC-27DME_zps6o3bn0i3.jpg

777-16lSEA-LOC-ARM-23DME_zpsaplxu8kf.jpg

777-16lSEA-LOC-GS-armed-20DME%2047_zpsuy

Best Regards,

The white diamonds on the bottom and right edge of the artificial horizon are you indications in the Boeing that you are receive the LOC and the GS.

In what i presume to be a Beech BE-90, be careful in presuming you are receiving the 16L front course and not the 34R back course which is the exact same frequency.  The only difference between the two from the aircraft perspective at the point shown will be the ID tone.  All instrument students are taught to always verify a localizer by listening to the tone before flying the approach.  Of course one established on course a backcourse has reverse logic from a front course and is flown differently unless the HSI has an reverse sense option.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

That screenshot was the RealAir Dukev2 / Beechcraft Turbine Duke (a couple posts previous).
Sorry I cropped the ILS16L ident (I-SNQ) portion so to will post that additional screenshot here.

rad-ISNQ-ILS_zpsh7o3swmb.jpg

Also, today I did a test flight (same APP from PAE in another developer's 737).
I would like to send you 4 screenshots for review?
Or, I could put them up on Avsim or P3D forum?

About the LOC ID tone, 10-4 on that.
I have a PP-ASEL.

Best Regards,

On 10/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, Spin737 said:

Don't land on 16L - IT'S CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION!

😉

What a mess that is!  I still get the "does not compute" feeling when they clear me to go counter-clockwise around the north satellite.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1