Woozie

There's actually a major PFPX update coming!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

43 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

Please, how do you get a flightplan from FlightAware?

I have searched on the site but I do not see any flight plans to retrieve or create/request when entering a departure and arrival airport. For the moment I use PFPX, LittleNavMap or Simbrief.

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

I normally access FlightAware using my iPhone. I enter a flight I am interested in - such as UAL 576 from DEN to EWR.

It will bring up the flight in question. On the iPhone version, it displays the type of aircraft, scheduled departure and arrival times etc. Scrolling down shows “Flight Details” including the flight plan (listed as “route”) and cruise altitude.

Flight Aware will typically show the flight plan only for flights in the US. It will usually have the scheduled times for flights outside of the US, but flight plan info is often not available.

I hope I didn't give the impression that i expect to be given my 100% on the button FP, every time I hit that Auto Route icon.  I fully appreciate the work Pete and the other Dispatchers must have to do in trying to keep all parties involved happy.  A big question - Who are the hardest to keep happy; the Bean Counters or the Pilots?

On 10/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, cavaricooper said:

I have always maintained that with a carefully created PFPX profile it is entirely possible (not permissible) to flight plan an actual 747-436 to the far reaches of the globe and arrive with appropriate fuel remaining.

When I was with the Level D outfit,  Ernie Alston and others, created a FS Build B763ER Profile that was accurate, IIRC to 2% of it's real world counter part.  We had a RL 763 Pilot on the team and he would take a laptop with the latest beta on his flights and re-run them on his stop-over.

1 hour ago, tooting said:

You search under callsign 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA617

For example and it will give you a route string 

41 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

I normally access FlightAware using my iPhone. I enter a flight I am interested in - such as UAL 576 from DEN to EWR.

It will bring up the flight in question. On the iPhone version, it displays the type of aircraft, scheduled departure and arrival times etc. Scrolling down shows “Flight Details” including the flight plan (listed as “route”) and cruise altitude.

Flight Aware will typically show the flight plan only for flights in the US. It will usually have the scheduled times for flights outside of the US, but flight plan info is often not available.

Thank you, understood (I think)....these are real flights that already exist, I thought I could create one by simply entering the airport of departure and arrival. Interesting, it also allows you to make flights that you don't necessarily think about. If I'm not mistaken.

Regards,

Richard

47 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Thank you, understood (I think)....these are real flights that already exist, I thought I could create one by simply entering the airport of departure and arrival. Interesting, it also allows you to make flights that you don't necessarily think about. If I'm not mistaken.

Regards,

Richard

Yes, FlightAware is an online database of real world flights. Not only airline flights, but almost any flight where an IFR flightplan has been filed. For that reason, it is a good place to find actual flightplans that are being used on a given day.

2 hours ago, Dean_EGTC said:

When I was with the Level D outfit,  Ernie Alston and others, created a FS Build B763ER Profile that was accurate, IIRC to 2% of it's real world counter part.  We had a RL 763 Pilot on the team and he would take a laptop with the latest beta on his flights and re-run them on his stop-over.

Dean-

I own FS Build, Danur's FOC and also have a Simbrief login.  As my heart belongs to the 744, and I am fortunate enough to have access to Stephen Bell's superb 747 profiles, I invariably revert to PFPX.  IMHO, it is everything those bits of software eventually wanted to be.  When someone like Steve Bell or Doug Snow works their magic- it is unsurpassed- period.  

C

• Like 1