Sign in to follow this  
fasaso

What are the most important buttons of the 737NG?

What are the most important buttons of the 737NG?

im currently building a 737 panel with the most important buttons for day to day use. 

any advice? 

best regards fasaso

The on/off button

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

55 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

The on/off button

You're thinking of the Airbus A320. 😁

To be serious though, you should make a flight and make a note of what things you operate and how many times you do so on that flight and that will tell you. So for example, you end up with something like this at the end of your flight written on a bit of paper or whatever

Gear lever: 2

Comm Frequency transfer button: 20

Comm transmit button: 50

Nav Frequency transfer button: 32

Comm frequency change buttons: 125

Nav frequency change buttons: 72

LNAV: 3

VNAV: 5

CMD 1: 4

Etc.

Doing that sort of thing is probably going to be the best way of determining what you want.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Odd question. Just out of curiosity: seems you are building a panel for a plane you don't have much (if any?) experience with? Otherwise you'd know already what the most important buttons are... Seems to me that someone who knows this plane good enough to build a panel for it would already know which buttons have to be in it. If you don't have much experience with the plane yet it might be a better idea to fly it for quite some time before building a panel. Just imagine you don't like the plane and are more of an Airbus guy. 😉

I do wonder though how a panel with only the most used buttons will look... Not very realistic, I think. But maybe I simply don't understand what you are trying to achieve. 😉 

4 hours ago, Chock said:

You're thinking of the Airbus A320

I stand corrected! 😉

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I agree with Jeroen.

My view is, if one wants a simple (default) 737 then there is lots of options from FS98 all the way through FSX.

Edited by pracines

7 hours ago, J van E said:

Odd question. Just out of curiosity: seems you are building a panel for a plane you don't have much (if any?) experience with? Otherwise you'd know already what the most important buttons are... Seems to me that someone who knows this plane good enough to build a panel for it would already know which buttons have to be in it. If you don't have much experience with the plane yet it might be a better idea to fly it for quite some time before building a panel. Just imagine you don't like the plane and are more of an Airbus guy. 😉

I do wonder though how a panel with only the most used buttons will look... Not very realistic, I think. But maybe I simply don't understand what you are trying to achieve. 😉 

Maybe he's trying to assign useful functions to his joystick buttons? He certainly didn't say anything about a panel. Have a look at Alan's post - he does offer a helpful suggestion.

Edit: Senior moment. Please disregard - he did mention a panel!

Dugald

Edited by Muklum
I got it wrong!

2 hours ago, Muklum said:

He certainly didn't say anything about a panel.

Er...

On 10/17/2018 at 7:46 PM, fasaso said:

im currently building a 737 panel

...?

Edit: Senior moment over here too. Please disregard - you already noticed he did mention a panel! LOL 😄

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Muklum said:

Edit: Senior moment

8 hours ago, J van E said:

Edit: Senior moment over here too

With the highest gratification, I hereby nominate you both for the Senior Honor Citation:

senior-honor-citation-header.gif

4 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

With the highest gratification, I hereby nominate you both for the Senior Honor Citation:

senior-honor-citation-header.gif

But I got there first!

Dugald

From my friend who is a 737 captain, have I learned that the most important button in cockpit is a small button below the No Smoking button, named “Attend”.😀

Actually, the most important button in a Boeing 737's cockpit is this one, but remember to keep it a secret...

dH8LgvP.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here