Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

New MD11 for P3Dv4.3

Looks rubbish to be honest. If it's boasting about a VC, that's a warning sign right there.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Always suspicious about payware of this kind that suddenly just appears from nowhere. 

For those who had the FSX version, what was that like?

Looks like a Overland/SMS overhaul to me. Those planes were pretty ok back in the FSX days regarding modelling, systems were default. As a very basic plane it might be OK. At least the visuals look better than any VirtualCol plane and those ones also have their customers. Besides that, I agree, a Basic VC being a feature to be highlighted is somewhat odd, more or less telling us that the whole product is substandard...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Much realness. Very flying

51 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Not bought it or tested it.

Don't think you can buy it actually, not seen it for sale anywhere.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

Where does it say, that it's for Prepar3D 4.3?!

On the bit you posted, where it says:

Prepar3D V2 or Higher

Alan Bradbury

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

Prepar3D V2 or Higher

Yes... but mentioning all the 32-bit platforms and none of the 64-bit, didn't sound like it 64-bit was supported... Which I also mentioned in my own post - so you don't have to point that out.

But - Prepar3D V4 is specifically mentioned further down - hence my deletion of my post!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I've had the skysim one a long time ago due to the fact it had the MD-10.  It's horrid.  No customization at all.  Graphics are meh.  It's comparable to CLS.  A shell of an aircraft without any systems depth.

Edited by thibodba57

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Prepar3D V2 or Higher

I've found that this doesn't always mean P3Dv4.  I would write to the developer and see for sure unless it says specifically for P3Dv4.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I've found that this doesn't always mean P3Dv4.  I would write to the developer and see for sure unless it says specifically for P3Dv4.

Exactly - my point!

But it's mentioned further down in the description

. . : : MULTI-PLATFORM SUPPORT: : . .

FSX 
FSX STEAM EDITION 
PREPAR3D V2 and 3 
PREPAR3D V4

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

Exactly - my point!

But it's mentioned further down in the description

. . : : MULTI-PLATFORM SUPPORT: : . .

FSX 
FSX STEAM EDITION 
PREPAR3D V2 and 3 
PREPAR3D V4

Great!  I didn't see that.

I have purchased Skysimulations aircraft before and the visuals were poor, but they operated ok.

This one seems to have good visuals.  

I wouldn't expect extensive systems, by any means, but maybe enough to enjoy having it.

I still fly my PMDG MD11 in FSXSE, so I may be a little hard to please with this, but knowing Skysimulations, the price will be good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Yup, saw that. EUR 50.39? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Fifty Euros for an add-on aeroplane which uses the Eric Marciano FMC? Good luck with trying to sell that.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Yup, saw that. EUR 50.39? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Fifty Euros for an add-on aeroplane which uses the Eric Marciano FMC? Good luck with trying to sell that.

Probably trying it on, seeing there is nothing else available for this aircraft for P3Dv4. I'm waiting to see something in You Tube. 😉

2 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Probably trying it on, seeing there is nothing else available for this aircraft for P3Dv4. I'm waiting to see something in You Tube. 😉

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Stand by to see that price drop like an iron butterfly when people don't bite.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury